Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers coaching prospects

Since everyone has decided that Mike D'Antoni has brought pain and suffering to the Lakers all by himself, it only seems prudent we get an idea of who is out there to replace him. Please spare us the idiotic Phil Jackson rants and the George Karl ideas. Pick someone who doesnt have cancer, and has a future in the league.

Some basic info on your suggestions are greatly appreciated, and any potential connections to LA or the Lakers should probably be included in your argument for the guy.

have fun!

1) Chip Engelland...assistant coach....San Antonio. Chip is a native of LA, served as ball boy for John Wooden's UCLA Bruins championship team of 1975. A 4 year letterman at Duke, he was team captain his senior year. He played professionally for 9 years, and began his coaching career in 1999. He has been a member of Pop's staff since 2005.

2) Mark Bryant ...assistant coach...OKC Thunder. The 21st overall pick by the Blazers in 1988, Bryant played in the NBA for 15 years. He began his coaching career in 2004, and has been with the Thunder organization since 2007

3) Davis Fizdale .... assistant coach....Miami Heat. Fizdale was born and raised in LA, he was a point guard at Fremont High School. He did not play college ball. He got a degree in communications. His coaching career started in 1998, and has been a member of the Heat staff since 2008.

vCash

Is bryon Scott available? I would love to have him but of course the number one option is PHIL.

I just cannot withstand another year with dantoni! I have a feeling he will stay though. Due to the injuries he keeps getting excused for losing.
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    Since everyone has decided that Mike D'Antoni has brought pain and suffering to the Lakers all by himself, it only seems prudent we get an idea of who is out there to replace him. Please spare us the idiotic Phil Jackson rants and the George Karl ideas. Pick someone who doesnt have cancer, and has a future in the league.

Some basic info on your suggestions are greatly appreciated, and any potential connections to LA or the Lakers should probably be included in your argument for the guy.

have fun!

1) Chip Engelland...assistant coach....San Antonio. Chip is a native of LA, served as ball boy for John Wooden's UCLA Bruins championship team of 1975. A 4 year letterman at Duke, he was team captain his senior year. He played professionally for 9 years, and began his coaching career in 1999. He has been a member of Pop's staff since 2005.

2) Mark Bryant ...assistant coach...OKC Thunder. The 21st overall pick by the Blazers in 1988, Bryant played in the NBA for 15 years. He began his coaching career in 2004, and has been with the Thunder organization since 2007

3) Davis Fizdale .... assistant coach....Miami Heat. Fizdale was born and raised in LA, he was a point guard at Fremont High School. He did not play college ball. He got a degree in communications. His coaching career started in 1998, and has been a member of the Heat staff since 2008.
    None of these guys would be any better than Kurt Rambis for what the Lakers need.

vCash
    D'Antoni is going to stay next year sadly if ownership stands pat

There is no significant upgrade for the Lakers to fire D'Antoni, pay him out and still yield the same results with the new coach just to make the fans happy

. One coach for the price of three?

The Lakers fired Mike Brown with $8 million left on his contract and paid at least some of that wh ile he relaxed and watched his sons play high school basketball in Orange County. According to Mark Medina of the LA Daily News, the Lakers only got "some relief" from the remaining $6 to $7 million they owed him when he was hired by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

That means that in theory, the Lakers could still be paying him.

If they fired D'Antoni before his contract was up at the end of the 2014-15 season, they'd be responsible for whatever was left of a three-year $12 million contract. That's a lot of money to pay two coaches to sit at home
    At this point, keep him till next year - see how Kobe and OR Nash is, rebuild the following year
    Don't keep throwing money away for the sake of change and not improvement - Mike Brown would have had a similar record with this club as D'Antoni (some might argue better if defensive minded and players around him bought in like Tibbs).

vCash
    Frank Vogel served as an advanced scout for the Lakers for 2 seasons. The conversation should stop here.

vCash
    I want Thibbado. That guy gets Chicago playing hard every single night no matter what. I also wouldnt mind see Mike Krzyzewski from Duke. I believe players around the league have a ton of respect for the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Frank Vogel served as an advanced scout for the Lakers for 2 seasons. The conversation should stop here.
    I like Vogel too, but I dont think he would consider leaving the Pacers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    I like Vogel too, but I dont think he would consider leaving the Pacers
    His contract ends in 2015. He makes $2M a year. I think the Lakers can afford to pay him much more than the Pacers could. To come coach in a major market and get paid more money is a pretty good reason to decide to leave.

vCash

Thibs or Vogel

vCash
    His contract ends in 2015. He makes $2M a year. I think the Lakers can afford to pay him much more than the Pacers could. To come coach in a major market and get paid more money is a pretty good reason to decide to leave.

Obviously, if he doesnt sign an extension in the next 6 or 8 months, then all indications are that he intends to shop his skills around after next year. If he does that, then the Lakers should be all over that

vCash
    Unless Paul George decides to leave Indy, it is absolutely ludicrous to think Vogel would leave Indy...and to LA of all places. My first thought is, why would he leave a young and promising bunch of guys in Indy who is ran by Larry Bird to come take orders from an idiot like Jim Buss?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Thibs or Vogel
    this..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    Anyone but Dandummy.

vCash
    Mike D'Antoni

vCash
    Why would Vogel leave a championship caliber team to come to the Lakers??
    #FREECROONER!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast