Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB.TV Question

vCash

MLB.TV Question

I'm looking to purchase the MLB.TV Premium service for this season. I've looked around and haven't really been able to find any information on the subject so I was hoping some of you here would be able to help me out.

My brother-in-law and I want to split the cost 50/50 so he can watch the Dodgers and I can watch the Nationals. Does MLB allow the use of one account at the same time? Some things I've read said people have had 8 on at the same time, others say no it gives you an error.

Does anyone know first hand how this works? We're in the same state and city, just want to watch two different teams. Most likely it would be at different times being the Nationals are on the East Coast, and the Dodgers are on the West. One should be ending as the other is coming on (ideally).

Anyone know exactly what the policy is?

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Yes, you can share the account, I do it all the time.

They say you can't, but you can.

vCash
    You've never had any issues doing so either? Not talking specifically account being suspended, but errors happening because two feeds going?

vCash
    Well they know where your IP address is.

So if he's like in Vegas, and you are in DC. Then it'll be red-flagged if you are both viewing at the same time, because your IP address will show two different locations.

But if you are in the same city, it's never an issue. Because they don't know where you are viewing in the specific city very well.

I have shared it with a buddy, and my brother-in-law for years. The buddy is in the same city as me, and we never have any issues. But my brother-in-law lives over 1000 miles away, and it sometimes gets flagged. All it does when it's flagged is locks him out. It doesn't interrupt whoever was on it first.

vCash
    I have a group of 5+ people that often share account info. They all live in different areas and there hasn't been a problem in the 2-3 years this arrangement has been going.

MLB.tv does have the right to cancel your service and charge the person whose credit card is on file for yearly charges multiplied by the number of unauthorized users. So there is definitely some risk involved for the person in charge of payment.

vCash
    I bought it a few days ago for the upcoming season, first time making the purchase. But i am in SoCal so I was getting a bit tired trying to stream Mariners games via different websites. Now I can kick back at home and watch it in HD on my xbox.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    I have been thinking about getting this too, but I would want to watch the Royals and I think they'd be blacked out for me. Is there anyway to get around this? I notice Insane is from DC as well, so IDK how he'd watch the Nats either.

vCash
    Just moved to California, my bad. Though I'm not sure how to get around it, I hear there's something called a proxy that can trick things to believing you are in different locations. Could be beneficial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Just moved to California, my bad. Though I'm not sure how to get around it, I hear there's something called a proxy that can trick things to believing you are in different locations. Could be beneficial.
    California is beautiful. You will love it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnokOut View Post
    I have been thinking about getting this too, but I would want to watch the Royals and I think they'd be blacked out for me. Is there anyway to get around this? I notice Insane is from DC as well, so IDK how he'd watch the Nats either.
    They would only get blacked out if you're watching locally. If you're out of state you should have no problems with blackouts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Proxy servers can work, but most businesses like this are aware of when you are using them.

vCash

MLB.TV Question

My cousin bought it and she gave me her password the other day. From what I read online, a lot of people have been in different states and share it. Doesn't seem like they pay too much attention to it.

vCash

Be sure to check out the MLB Extra Innings free preview March 31st through April 6th

This is the time of year when Direct TV and cable systems nationwide (including Comcast) offer a free preview of MLB Extra Innings. This year's preview starts Monday, March 31st and lasts through Sunday, April 6th. This means that all or most of the games of your favorite Major League Baseball team will be available during the opening week of the 2014 baseball season.
    Be sure to find out if the free preview is available through your friendly neighborhood cable system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    They would only get blacked out if you're watching locally. If you're out of state you should have no problems with blackouts
    Unfortunately, it's stupid in Iowa and we are blacked out from the Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Royals, and Cardinals (at least according to charts i've seen).

Right now i'm watching the Royals/Tigers because of the free game, does this mean if I ordered it I would be fine to watch it? Or do they take out blackouts for free games? I just don't want to spend $130 as a college student if I can't watch my team play.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I wanted to know about this and didn't want to start a new thread.

vCash
    Since people here have it:

Do they have an iPad app to stream the games???

I have the NFL and the NBA apps for the iPad and I use the services strictly on the iPad...well, mostly.

Anyway, I see that MLB has this "at bat" thing but it feels like its just a gamechannel/boxscore type thing.

Does MLB offer streaming through the iPad? And if so, what app?

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast