Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wells Report Released - Incognito main instigator of harrassment with Jerry, Pouncey

Wells Report Released - Incognito main instigator of harrassment with Jerry, Pouncey

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...miami-dolphins

www.NFLDolphinsreport.com.

vCash
    "The Report finds that the assistant trainer repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching; and that Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments," Well said in a statement.

"The Report rejects any suggestion that Martin manufactured claims of abuse after the fact to cover up an impetuous decision to leave the team. Contemporaneous text messages that Martin sent to his parents and others months before he left the Dolphins -- which have never before been made public -- corroborate his account that the persistent harassment by his teammates caused him significant emotional distress.

"The Report concludes that the harassment by Martin's teammates was a contributing factor in his decision to leave the team, but also finds that Martin's teammates did not intend to drive Martin from the team or cause him lasting emotional injury," the press release said.
    Does this constitute a hate crime in Florida?

it's pretty damning stuff
    PSD Bulls Mock Trade Deadline
    Chicago Bulls

Rose-Gordon-Deng-Anderson-Asik

vCash
    Honestly, that whole staff should be canned immediately. How can you let that happen under your watch... While you can fault Martin for not taking a stand and what not, this is some pretty bad stuff.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6s
    Wow RT @AndrewSiciliano: Wells report has copy of Dolphins OL "fine book". Mike Pouncey was fined $100 dollars for "subpeona [sic] by FBI."

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m
    Wells: “Jerry and Pouncey sometimes taunted Martin by accusing him of not being “black enough.”
    PSD Bulls Mock Trade Deadline
    Chicago Bulls

Rose-Gordon-Deng-Anderson-Asik

vCash
    This is bad. How can you not be aware of this. The coach who gave out Christmas gifts should be canned immediately.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    After reading most it is sickening
    Last edited by jrm2054; 02-14-2014 at 12:03 PM.

vCash

Finished most this report. Horrible. None of these guys that did any of this should have a job in the NFL again.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Oh blah. They basically said nothing new, proved nothing, admitted much of this is unprecedented and essentially exists in all NFL locker rooms, admitted trouble with their decision because of Jonathan Martin's mental state, and just decided they had to blame someone because the whole thing was such a big spectacle. Ruling - Incognito guilty.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Yikes. Read this...

Moreover, shortly after Martin left the team, Incognito made a number of telling entries in a notebook used to keep track of “fines” the offensive linemen imposed on each other in their “kangaroo court” (typically for trivial infractions such as arriving late to meetings). Incognito recorded a $200 fine against himself for “breaking Jmart,” awardedanother lineman who had been verbally taunted a $250 bonus for “not cracking first,” andwrote down a number of penalties against Martin for acting like a “*****.” The evidence shows, and Incognito did not dispute, that “breaking Jmart” meant causing Martin to have an emotional reaction in response to taunting. A pproximately one week after Martin left the team, on November 3, 2013, Incognito wrote nearly identical text messages toPouncey and another lineman: “They're going to suspend me Please destroy the fine 4 book first thing in the morning.” We view Incognitos entries in the fine book about “breaking Jmart” and his attempt to destroy the fine book which was unsuccessful as evidence demonstrating his awareness that he had engaged in improper conduct toward Martin
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    I still think Martin is a *****.

vCash
    Incognito must have had a terrible upbringing
    Pitches Thrown: 239 Strikes: 145
    15.1 INN 9 K 4 BB
    1 W 1 L 0.59ERA
    Joe "The Bunter" Kelly

vCash
    Okay I am a proud black man. That being said IMHO this is bull ****. I read the texts its really no diffrent then how me and my best friend talk and he's white...
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    Locker room culture probably needs much changing, but Incognito is just a product of that. Nothing in that report seemed all that odd or shocking to me. Clearly Martin has mental health problems, and I now don't doubt that he was genuinely negatively affected by Incognito and peers, but I think that stems more from his mental issues and insecurities than anything else. Martin even admitted in messages to his mother that he was a pushover and couldn't stand up to them. How could they know to stop and that they were bothering him with this typical locker room banter if he didn't say anything?

This didn't arise at Stanford because he was a big time recruit, a multi year starter, a 2 time All American. He was on top, he was probably on the other end of the locker room banter (inadvertently), he didn't have to endure being picked on by others because they looked up to him. Everything in that report to me just says "football/locker room culture". So blame that, change that, but even if Incognito does have some problems, I think its crazy to blame him and make him out to be the bad guy. Theres a reason most of his team has backed and supported him, he's done nothing out of the ordinary (in that world and culture, anyway).

-Get Martin mental help
    -Change regulations and culture in football/locker room
    -Let both players go back to work should teams want them
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Dolphins are screwed. The comish will bring down the hammer on the fins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Dolphins are screwed. The comish will bring down the hammer on the fins.
    Yup. RG hates bad publicity with a passion. If it turns out that the higher ups in the Miami organization knew about this I expect fines and a loss of draft pick.

From a PR standpoint this is much worse than say, spygate, or even bountygate. Driving a teammate to consider suicide because of racial/sexual comments...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast