Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tejada-Mets officials reportedly not impressed Post#78

I was listening to the FAN the other day and I heard a good argument on why not to give up on him. First and most important he is only 24. Second he had 2 year of success batting in the.280 we as Met fans can't run young talent out of town so quickly. What do you think? I also feel the same about Ike he had success and since the ankle injury and that weird disease maybe show support instead of a ticket out of here. We need a #4 hitter badly and he might be on our roster already.

vCash
    You just posted this in the other thread. Tejada is mediocre at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by playD View Post
    I was listening to the FAN the other day and I heard a good argument on why not to give up on him. First and most important he is only 24. Second he had 2 year of success batting in the.280 we as Met fans can't run young talent out of town so quickly. What do you think? I also feel the same about Ike he had success and since the ankle injury and that weird disease maybe show support instead of a ticket out of here. We need a #4 hitter badly and he might be on our roster already.
    I do not want to give up on him just because of last year. I never wanted him as our starter to begin with. I always felt we were being sold a bill of goods. He is somewhere between a 1 tool and no-tool player. He is nothing special on defense. He is decently fast, but steals no bases and does nothing special with his speed. He hits for zero power. He is a singles hitter that at his best was drawing some walks.

I think that teams have learned how to position themselves for him, so his hits that went through the hole go through less often because teams know they can play the infield back and still have enough time to throw him out, so his one semi-tool is becoming less of a tool.

vCash
    Ok some good points but lets see Drew hit 13 homers last year in a band box in Boston so in Citi field he will hit what 6 and his avg for Boston was a amazing .253 in 2011 with Oak was .250, and 5HR and Arizona .193 with 2HR please Sandy don't sign this guy. Number don't lie
    No. He might actually hit a few more since Fenway is not all that friendly to left-handed hitters in hitting homers, and Citi is about average since they moved in the walls. That's a total non-issue.

Simply stating someone's BA is useless without the OBP. Like I said, the injury compromised his performance in 2012.

vCash
    At best, Tejada MIGHT reach a 2.0 WAR with significantly below average offense.

On a good team, he hardly makes it as a defensive replacement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    No. He might actually hit a few more since Fenway is not all that friendly to left-handed hitters in hitting homers, and Citi is about average since they moved in the walls. That's a total non-issue.

Simply stating someone's BA is useless without the OBP. Like I said, the injury compromised his performance in 2012.
    Tell David Wright that that it's a easy field to hit in

vCash

Tell David Wright that that it's a easy field to hit in and it's 302 down Fenways rightfield line real tough

vCash
    Tell David Wright that that it's a easy field to hit in and it's 302 down Fenways rightfield line real tough
    http://www.hittrackeronline.com/over..._325059669.jpg

Think again.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-13-2014 at 11:39 PM.

vCash

vCash
    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=citi%...tart=0&ndsp=10
    funny how you can try and make things work maybe that extra feet down the right feild line means nothing but your dimension on dimension seem to be a little off like 25 feet

vCash
    Your article is from 2009

I said the "new" Citi Field. Look at my link. It shows the difference between Citi and Fenway. RF is a lot harder to hit HRs for left-handed hitters, and the park factors agree with that notion.

vCash

vCash
    lolwut

vCash
    of course my image is acting up but it still 330 down citi field Rf line

vCash
    Your article is from 2009

I said the "new" Citi Field. Look at my link. It shows the difference between Citi and Fenway. RF is a lot harder to hit HRs for left-handed hitters, and the park factors agree with that notion.
    You're 100% right about the facts of this situation.

Your conduct as a mod is 100% wrong. You asked me recently why I mess with your head. You are completely disrespectful and dismissive of anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Now that you're a mini-mod, you're acting like you're bullet proof. You aren't.

Grow the **** up.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast