Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Nasty Nate released

ESPN - Lions release WR Nate Burleson, who was scheduled to count $7.5M against club's salary cap

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    ESPN - Lions release WR Nate Burleson, who was scheduled to count $7.5M against club's salary cap
    It only saves us 5.5 tho, There is 2m in "dead" money

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Makes sense. Lions need the cap room, need to get younger and more skilled at the WR position. Nate is older and his diminishing skills were not worth the price tag.

I'll always appreciate Nate for coming here to become a leader and a high quality guy. Good luck wherever he goes and I'll be quietly rooting for that team (assuming it's not an NFC North one )

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    Why not bring Nate back at vet min. He's still worthy of #4 plus he is a great leader and everyone respects him.

vCash
    I can see him going back to Minn or Sea

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    DetroitLions.com doesn't expect free agent Nate Burleson to re-sign with the team at a reduced rate.
    Per reporter Tim Twentyman, the team is ready to move on. The Lions have seen the same film we have, as Burleson appeared to have little left after returning from his broken arm last season, catching just 13 total passes over his final five games. Burleson's separation skills have been in steady decline since he first arrived in Detroit in 2010. He's near the end.
    Yeah his time is done here. A team that needs a cheap fill in might give him a call, probably one that is really young and needs a vet to fill in for a year. Kinda like us back in 2010 but only a 1 year deal.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    where was his leadership when the lions tanked the second half of the season? he also said he loved jim schwartz and said he was not the problem. the problem was the players. then when asked what he wants in a new lions head coach he says leadership. the lions need a coach to lead them. so was jim schwartz not a good leader? seems like he is contradicting himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hairytreeko View Post
    where was his leadership when the lions tanked the second half of the season? he also said he loved jim schwartz and said he was not the problem. the problem was the players. then when asked what he wants in a new lions head coach he says leadership. the lions need a coach to lead them. so was jim schwartz not a good leader? seems like he is contradicting himself
    He was being a team player.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    Goodbye nate, you came here when we sucked and played pretty good when healthy. Looks like the new regime isn't ****ing around. That's a good thing imo.

Rushing: 66 Carries, 263Yards, 2 TD
    Receiving: 11 Catch, 96 Yards, 0 TD
    Fumbles: 2....

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    He was being a team player.
    yeah, you can't call out the HC in public when the team is under performing. It would have caused the season to be even worse.

Rushing: 66 Carries, 263Yards, 2 TD
    Receiving: 11 Catch, 96 Yards, 0 TD
    Fumbles: 2....

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash

bye dead weight nate

Its about time lol
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    I have always liked Nate, but this is a good move. He has missed at least 7-8 games each of the last two seasons and he sucked when he came back from that broken arm. Nate was gonna be a #3 at best, and I am sure they still expect Broyles to fill that will Durham getting #4 and Jeremy Ross probably getting re-signed.

Whether or not Burleson is on our roster or not, it wouldn't change our draft strategy one bit.

vCash
    resign him for a min if he wants. he was a avg slot at best.

vCash
    NFL Network or bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    NFL Network or bust.
    Yea thats where id like to see him, Even tho nate was only here a few years he felt like a long timer.. I cant imagine a team wouldnt bring him in for the min as a #4, I was and still am shocked he didnt considering he told the media the day Shartz got canned that he was willing to take a paycut to stay and a smaller role...

CJ/Durham?/Broyles?/Ross?... We need a cpl wide outs, One in FA and one HIGH in the draft

We only have CJ and Broyles under contract now i believe other than the PS wide out Fuller

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast