Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is it time to reload, rebuild or stay put?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild

10 52.63%
  • Reload

8 42.11%
  • Stay Put

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is it time to reload, rebuild, or stay put?

After watching the horrendous Knicks lose to the Kings, it entered my head that it might be time to give up on this team. Once again James Dolan failed us Knicks fan with his existence. So if you were running, what would you do, try to reload, rebuild from scratch or hope this team can turn it around? If you ask me, I think its time to reload. This is what I would do:

1. Fire Mike Woodson- He's done a terrible and isn't the right coach for this team.
    2. Explore trades for Felton, Barganini, Chandler and J.R Smith. I would try to acquire as many young players, expiring contracts and draft picks as I can.
    3. It's okay if we suck in 2015, its okay, we get a top pick. We'll have Amare's contract off the books, and this time, the Knicks could have a chance to put together something special even if Melo leaves. Maybe, although a pipe dream right now, we can get Rondo, Lebron, Love and Jalil Okafor.

My opinion is if we continue with this team, we are only going to be disappointed. It is time to give away players that are struggling on this team and will probably do better on other teams as role players such as Tyson Chandler and Felton, Smith and Barganini.

vCash
    Rebuild. If they find a way to trade JR/Felton they can hypotheticlaly afford 3 max FA's after next season Lol

Barring an extension, the 2015 Free Agent class is headlined by Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, Paul Millsap, Jeff Green, Brook Lopez, Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, Anderson Verajoe, Monta Ellis,Roy Hibbert, Omar Asik, Jeremy Lin, Aaron Afflalo, Gerald Henderson, Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge, Luis Williams and others, all are expected to hit unrestricted Free Agency at their discretion. (Please note Kevin love, Jeff Green, Gerald Henderson, Al Jefferson, Monta Ellis, Roy Hibbert, David West have player options that they can decline to hit unrestricted Free Agency to receive a more lucrative contract)

Jr "only" has a $6M player option, and Felton has a $3.9M player option. They aren't that bad to trade or decline between now and the February trade deadline next season!

A guy can dream right? I'd rather dream than trading away draft picks, having a high payroll year after year and getting knocked out of the playoffs with no hope.
    Last edited by xabial; 02-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xabial View Post
    Rebuild. If they find a way to trade JR/Felton they can hypotheticlaly afford 3 max FA's after next season Lol

Barring an extension, the 2015 Free Agent class is headlined by Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, Paul Millsap, Jeff Green, Brook Lopez, Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, Anderson Verajoe, Monta Ellis,Roy Hibbert, Omar Asik, Jeremy Lin, Aaron Afflalo, Gerald Henderson, Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge, Luis Williams and others, all are expected to hit unrestricted Free Agency at their discretion. (Please note Kevin love, Jeff Green, Gerald Henderson, Al Jefferson, Monta Ellis, Roy Hibbert, David West have player options that they can decline to hit unrestricted Free Agency to receive a more lucrative contract)

Jr "only" has a $6M player option, and Felton has a $3.9M player option. They aren't that bad to trade or decline between now and the February trade deadline next season!

A guy can dream right? I'd rather dream than trading away draft picks, having a high payroll year after year and getting knocked out of the playoffs with no hope.
    The worst thing is we go after Kevin Durant in 2016, depending when Lebron decides to enter free agency again, we could pair them up. I mean once we have the cap space, we could always pull what Miami did.

vCash
    I think it is time to let Woodson go. Let Herb or Walker interim for the remainder of the season.

I voted to re load rather then rebuild because we aren't going to get equal value for Melo. I think Chandler, Bargs, J.R,and Stat could get us a decent haul, and by decent I mean a 1st, a young guy and an expiring. That could really help us in re loading. 2 players I believe we could get are McGee and Evans.

McGee: He's not going to be the superstar Center that we would all like. However I think he could be a good center for us under the right coach. A player who gives us 10 and 8 with a 2 blocks a game. I know he's not the smartest player, but he has a good motor. Why would Denver move him? By moving him they could free up money to re sign Faried. They also need someone who can help them this year in their efforts to make the playoffs. A deal of Chandler, Shumpert + for McGee and their first could happen IMO. It could take more players or a third team, but I think it'd be a good move for both teams.

Evans: I look at Evans in the same light as McGee. Huge contract for a player not living up to his expectations. I think he could be had for an expiring contract and a 2nd rounder. With the right system again I believe he could flourish into the 2nd star Melo needs. I think a deal of Bargs, J.R, Beno to Charlotte, Gordon, Sessions, 2nd to New Orleans, and Evans + to New York could be done. Again other players would have to be involved but the idea is the same.

That leaves us with Felton, Stat, Martin, and Metta as players we could get maybe get a few 2nd rounders and young player's who haven't lived up to expectations.

The important thing to do is re load with fresh faces who are hungry. I like a core of Melo, Tyler, and Hardaway. To me we need to keep that core.

I could be way off on trades but I believe we could make something happen if we really wanted to. As far as the draft goes. I really wish there was some way to get Ennis. I like Exum alot too but I believe Ennis could really come in from day 1 and be a good starting PG. He reminds me of Kidd a bit. Meaning they say oh he's not the most athletic, or quickest PG so his stock will fall. I think he could be our PG for a very long time.

vCash

I say rebuild. Trade away Melo and Smiff and Chandler, hold Shump and Hardaway.

2015 is intriguing, but I wouldn't buy for the sake of buying. Build through the draft and make smart free agent signings.

vCash

I think this is possible, as far as getting the cap space. The problem is we always end up blowing it in the end. Thats why in my proposal we'd have to take on other teams mistake. Like McGee and Evans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I say rebuild. Trade away Melo and Smiff and Chandler, hold Shump and Hardaway.

2015 is intriguing, but I wouldn't buy for the sake of buying. Build through the draft and make smart free agent signings.
    I would love this, but I just feel it'd never be the way we operate. If we could do that then we would be in a much better situation. However I feel like with the 2015 cap space we would waste it on players who aren't worth the money.

vCash

What moves can the knicks make after the allstar break?

Surely this has been a disappointing season so far for us Knicks fans. What can we do to better our changes and make Melo happy to stay longer? For one we do have some good pieces Amare is starting to look good on a consistant basis, Changler still has some upside but needs better coaching to be more affective, Barge is a good pick up but needs more confidence to be consistant, Tyler is going to be a beast once he gets more minutes, and our rookie Hardaway is looking pretty good.

Who can go in a package deal before the 2nd half season begins:

Shrump is not looking good out there and it's a mental thing.
    Urih is not getting any burn at all.
    Felton is garbage with not much value but can be part of a package deal.
    Metta can be traded once he becomes healthy.
    Murry has potential and good value.
    Coach must go so that is a given.

What can we do? or Will we do nothing?

vCash
    I'm cool with rebuilding and I'm cool with going after a blockbuster to keep Melo. If a blockbuster isn't going to happen, than we should trade Melo and get some assets. I don't mind losing next year if were watching youngins, knowing we have a pick (or multiple from Melo trade), and there is light at the end of the tunnel in the form of massive cap space. I just don't want to stand pat. Either expedite the rebuild by dumping Melo and Tyson or expedite the retool - I can't watch this same cast of clowns again next year.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 02-13-2014 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    This whole thing just sucks. Like really sucks. Sucks a big fat one
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    I think the problem with the Knicks is they lack great two way players. They have a lot of one dimensional players, Barngani-score, Chandler-defense, no rebounding, Amare- scorer, Smith-Scorer and the list goes on. I think the Knicks need to shift their roster that focuses on defense, rebounding and three point shooting. If you look at the Pacers they do all of that well.

vCash
    I voted for RELOAD.

1. Fire Woodson.
    2. Evaluate roster after the season and make any trades/moves when players will have more value than right now.
    3. If Melo wants to walk, sign and trade him for a pick and trade exception.
    4. Hire best coach available that fits the team.

vCash
    reload 1.fire woodson and let herb coach the rest of the season then try to get thibs in the offseason,if we cant get him jeff or stan van gundy would be great
    2.try to get rondo now,maybe stat+felton+shumpert+picks
    3.trade players that we dont need like udrih for a second pick and bargnani for a role player that can do more than one thing
    4.trade smith now,he is not untradeable he still has value

vCash
    I voted rebuild, meaning blow the thing up and start all over except for Hardaway and Tyler. But my reasoning is based on what we do not know as fans. Perhaps Melo already told Dolan, "don't worry, I'm coming back. I'm just doing this free agency thing to get the max contract." If that's the case, then I would change my vote to reload. But from a business perspective, if Melo has not made that commitment, the Knicks cannot allow him to leave for nothing. The rest of the Knicks have proven themselves to be role-players. So they can go in exchange for youth and picks.

vCash
    What is the difference between reload and rebuild? either way, trades need to be made. If Melo is going to walk, get the max for him. If he is coming back, cut and trade now and after then season. Sorry , and I hate to say it but Mike Woodson needs to go. As much as I don't blame him for everything. I think this team would be 10-15 games better with a decent point guard. Prigs, Felton, Murry should all be canned. Udrih has not played enough but he is a decent backup, probably better than the other 3.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast