Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Toronto Blue Jays 2014 Spring Training Thread

Starting it a little early, but with pitchers and catchers reporting we can put any and all ST news here!

If you want to get tickets or see the schedule check out this link.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Apparently no grass at Rogers Center till 2018 at the earliest

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    yeh........got nothing yet, but since we pretty much know where everyone else is playing this should be the most interesting part of ST with Navarro, and seeing some of the young arms like Stroman and Sanchez.

vCash
    Yoon signed with the Orioles for what it's worth. Not really sure if that takes them out of the Santana/Jimenez "sweepstakes" or not. We could really sign both these guys if wanted.

vCash
    Well I guess right now the biggest thing to watch is the battle for 4th and 5th in the rotation. We may not like that we're having a battle for two spots but the battle itself should be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Well I guess right now the biggest thing to watch is the battle for 4th and 5th in the rotation. We may not like that we're having a battle for two spots but the battle itself should be interesting.
    Is Morrow even healthy? Really - IMO we have 3 question marks in our rotation.

I think Dickey and Buehrle will both be fine - I don't have much faith beyond that.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    Apparently no grass at Rogers Center till 2018 at the earliest
    That's dissapointing. Any link on this? Just out of curiosity sake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...centre-by-2018

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    This, to me, will be by far the most interesting part of ST. New pitchers, guys back from surgery, guys back from injury and young guys who think they should be in Toronto. Plus, see what Navarro brings and how he works with these guys.
    Other than whether if Melky can play LF and replacing DeRosa and Davis on the bench the rest pretty much is the same!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    Beeston was on McCown and that's what he said. By the time all the plans are made and they have to do some changes to the air flow....ya went over my head too....it takes about 4 years to get it done right. Lot more to the preparation needed than I thought?

vCash
    Thanks bud. Hopefully they get it done. Not only is it embarrassingly terrible to look at, it keeps players from wanting to play in Toronto. I've wanted real grass since the early 90s. Been waiting a long time!

vCash
    Sorry, missed you had put this link up for him. Explains it better than my babble!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Is Morrow even healthy? Really - IMO we have 3 question marks in our rotation.

I think Dickey and Buehrle will both be fine - I don't have much faith beyond that.
    Does it really matter? Morrow will be hurt again in a month or two

vCash
    You guys really find it interesting to see which ****baller wins a back end job? I mean, maybe if Stroman had a legit shot at it it could be, but it seems pretty clear they don't plan to go that route.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    You guys really find it interesting to see which ****baller wins a back end job? I mean, maybe if Stroman had a legit shot at it it could be, but it seems pretty clear they don't plan to go that route.
    To bad they wouldn't go that route. Add some intrigue to the start of the season. And if he isn't playing up to snuff then they will have given it a shot at least.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast