Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Anyone still high on Vitters/Jackson?

I was just looking thru some past draft picks and was wondering if anyone still has hopes for Jackson or Vitters?

Jackon looks like he is just overmatched and looking at his batting total they seem to have dropped whenever he moved up a level.

But Vitter posted a .295/.380/.465 (albeit in limited time) last year with Iowa. The only real bad season of his career is when he came to the majors.

Rizzo was the same way... could Vitters still play for the Cubs at the ML level? Or is he done?

Where Cubs fans flock like the salmon of Capistrano

vCash
    I'm slightly intrigued by Vitters, but nothing more. Not even interested in Jackson.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

vCash
    They're both nothing.

vCash
    I heard Brett Jackson was like 37 now.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I love Jackson. And Olt is gonna poo all over the collective face of his doubters .

Pure Sex.

you have fun with your properly evaluated medical studies....i'll believe my garbage. you believe yours.

vCash
    I remain a bit high on Vitters. I honestly think he'd be better than Junior Lake if given 500 PAs in LF.

I don't understand why Vitters and Jackson get bunched together so often. Vitters hit at AAA. He just struggled in 100 PAs in his first shot at the majors (much like Rizzo and a bunch of other guys have). Jackson sucked all through last year and was last seen failing to hit at AA. It's not the same situation at all.

vCash
    Vitters just needs to get healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    I remain a bit high on Vitters. I honestly think he'd be better than Junior Lake if given 500 PAs in LF.

I don't understand why Vitters and Jackson get bunched together so often. Vitters hit at AAA. He just struggled in 100 PAs in his first shot at the majors (much like Rizzo and a bunch of other guys have). Jackson sucked all through last year and was last seen failing to hit at AA. It's not the same situation at all.
    I'm in total agreement.

Where Cubs fans flock like the salmon of Capistrano

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post

Completely agree. Given a chance I believe Vitters can be a decent ballplayer.

vCash
    Vitters turns 25 this year so there's still hope but the organization must not like something they see from him bc they kept trying to add in talent at 3b.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Vitters turns 25 this year so there's still hope but the organization must not like something they see from him bc they kept trying to add in talent at 3b.
    Vitters is trying to learn the outfield and is no longer a 3B.

vCash
    I still think Jackson can turn it around a bit, he has the makeup and the past success just has to find it again.

I've never been a fan of Vitters, but I think he could be a decent 4th OF'er at some point, if that walk rate last year is legit then perhaps more, but I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYF View Post
    Vitters is trying to learn the outfield and is no longer a 3B.
    Yeah but he faces stiffer competition there

vCash
    Vitters is an awesome minor league ball player and would be a nice inclusion in a trade. I agree with GTF on Olt but think he was being sarcastic.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I still have hope in Vitters. He has a good hit tool and some power and he's always been able to adjust to his level. Based on all of that, I believe that he will still be a solid big leaguer. Of course none of that means that he will be able to adjust to MLB pitching, but I really have no reason to think that he won't be able to...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast