Raiders Sign Cory Sheets

The Oakland Raiders have just signed Cory Sheets RB. Here's a link:

http://justblogbaby.com/2014/02/12/b...0the%20Network

vCash
    Will be a solid #2 next year.

vCash
    as opposed to what, a runny, wet #2?
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    as opposed to what, a runny, wet #2?
    Whatever the hell you want to call DMAC lol.

vCash
    This guy reminds me of Harvey Williams. He runs very high ,but i see some potential we'll have to wait and see.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    This guy reminds me of Harvey Williams. He runs very high ,but i see some potential we'll have to wait and see.
    Yup. Exactly what I was thinking after watching youtube footage. He seems to run very upright. I'm more intrigued by Latavious Maurray. Just my 2 cents.

Cory Sheets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLeyxg7uo8k

Latavious Murray: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAu8aoMGz60

I'll readily admit I've been wrong before...But I like Murrays running style...And oh yeah, who'ss that guy playing Qb abd wearing #5...Oh Yeah...That's right..its Blake Bortles, Murrays former teammate at UCF.
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 02-13-2014 at 01:26 AM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Rashad Jennings, Kory Sheets, and Latavius Murray will be our halfbacks in 2014.

vCash
    I wonder if Dmac is reading this. The message is pretty clear....No more DMAC in Oakland.

vCash
    sheets reminded me slightly of a slower reggie bush...very upright...but got some moves...well see how this pans out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Rashad Jennings, Kory Sheets, and Latavius Murray will be our halfbacks in 2014.
    Like to see Reece get some H-Back or "Big Back" goal line/short yardage carries this year as well.

Sheets CFL numbers are a little more impressive when you think about it being a 3 down league. He didn't play much the first few years, so his body hasn't been tore up. He is hungry to get back for sure, He seems to do whatever they ask to be on the field, even move to Canada. I expect we will draft a RB late as well.

The number everyone should like to see is 0, as in fumbles. He has returned kicks (4/74yds. 18.5yd average), and has even recovered 2 fumbles on defense.

He does have moves. but how that translates to the faster NFL???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81:27968523
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Like to see Reece get some H-Back or "Big Back" goal line/short yardage carries this year as well.

Sheets CFL numbers are a little more impressive when you think about it being a 3 down league. He didn't play much the first few years, so his body hasn't been tore up. He is hungry to get back for sure, He seems to do whatever they ask to be on the field, even move to Canada. I expect we will draft a RB late as well.

The number everyone should like to see is 0, as in fumbles. He has returned kicks (4/74yds. 18.5yd average), and has even recovered 2 fumbles on defense.

He does have moves. but how that translates to the faster NFL???
    I'd like to see him utilized the way Carolina uses Tolbert. He's a pretty good comp IMO. I'm extremely excited to have Sheets joining a pretty young backfield. He's a champion, an MVP, and looks like a quality player that we should be getting for a good price. Tough to argue against that move.

vCash
    Good Depth behind Jennings & Murray. With the addition of 2 gaurds (Icognito FA & Cyril Richardson 2ndR) our running backs should dominate.

vCash
    His age is a concern for guy just trying to get started in the NFL. But on the other hand, he hasn't had much wear and tear.
    To be honest, i dont think he will make the roster unless RM doesn't bring in any competition.

vCash
    Lets not forget that Murray's biggest weakness...... he runs completely upright. Sheets looks intriguing. If we get 3 RBs that can be consistent and contribute, we are in a good position - its not that high of a position really unless you get lucky and find a guy like AP, Charles, Mccoy, Lynch

vCash
    I think it's apparent that McKenzie doesn't find it prudent to invest significant resources into the RB position. That philosophy is not without reason. I'm absolutely fine with these type of signings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast