Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jeff Goodman (ESPN) - "John Hammond prefers Embiid"

ESPN's Jeff Goodman: 'Sources indicate' Bucks GM John Hammond favors KU's Joel Embiid
    By Bob Wolfley of the Journal Sentinel Feb. 12, 2014 1:27 p.m.

College basketball writer Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com cast his first NBA mock draft and had the Milwaukee Bucks taking Kansas center Joel Embiid number one.

"Bucks GM John Hammond will choose the player he thinks has the best chance of being a star," Goodman wrote. "Right now it's a three-man race, but sources indicate Hammond loves the skill, size and rapid progression of Embiid. The Cameroon native is new to the game and has tremendous upside. Embiid can help the Bucks on both ends of the court . . . most feel that he'll be in June's draft."

This mock draft is based on the assumption that the Bucks will draft first, which is not at all assured. The Bucks' position in this exercise is based on their ownership of the worst record in the league.

Goodman said he arrived at his selections "after talking to numerous NBA executives and general managers" and reminded readers that "this isn't a mock draft based on what I would do (but) it's based on information gathered from NBA executives, college coaches and other industry sources."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...#ixzz2t8nsuv5v
    Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

vCash

vCash
    Lets say we take Embiid and let Udoh walk this offseason. Next year going into the season we would have Ilyasova, Henson, Zaza, Sanders, Embiid, Raduljica unless we were to trade anyone before the deadline and in the off-season. Also don't know what we will do with the 2nd round picks. But well just say these are the guys we have after the draft and going into next season.

Obviously we would have a nice 5 man rotation of bigs but would players start to get mad about not playing and lack of minutes? Also the nba unlike mlb and nfl depth is not as important as pure star talent. So with this in mind after seeing this thread last night than watching the pelicans game last night I was thinking how amazing it would be to have a player like Anthony Davis next to Embiid. So I got to thinking if we take Embiid with the 1st overall pick could we get a all star or very good/ close to all star player with potential to become a all star for Henson and Sanders in a trade? Or Ersan if they want him instead?

So we would get the superior talent but the other team would get 2 very good players that are still young and could grow as a very good duo for years to come?

Just for the record I know were not going to get Davis, he was just the player that got me thinking about it. Like for example the pelicans would look better 1 through 5 with a line up of
    Holiday
    Gordon
    Evans
    Henson
    Sanders

Than their line up of
    Holiday
    Gordon
    Evans
    Anderson/Davis
    Smith/Davis

Like I said just a thought...
    Last edited by ROY 2 MVP Braun; 02-13-2014 at 02:31 AM.

vCash
    Understood as a thought, but you are thinking way WAY too low of Anthony Davis. If you were to start a team right now with a 10 year horizon, Unibrow is likely the 2nd or 3rd (behind KD and maybe Lebron) most valuable player in the league. Pelicans will try and sell their soul to the devil to keep AD for the rest of his career.

vCash
    I'm not sure I have him quite as high as you do, but you're absolutely correct in you're thinking. Davis is a stud and is basically as untradeable as they come. No chance we could get him for Larry or Ersan and Henson. We could try Henson and Giannis and that may not be enough,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'm not sure I have him quite as high as you do, but you're absolutely correct in you're thinking. Davis is a stud and is basically as untradeable as they come. No chance we could get him for Larry or Ersan and Henson. We could try Henson and Giannis and that may not be enough,
    IMO he's the 2014 version of Kevin Garnett, once he develops more of a midrange game he will be unstoppable.