Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jays looking at Diaz

Saw that Cuban SS Aledmys Diaz is auditioning for a few teams including the Jays. The 6'1" , 23 year old, had problem verifying his age, said to have a bat with upside, has a big arm and could play any of the 3 infield positions.
    Just wonder if Jays interest in him is for 2nd and if any one has heard more about this guy!

vCash
    Couldn't hurt to sign the kid. Not sure what kind of $ or playing time he is looking for, but if he could get some seasoning in at AA or AAA and be a contributor at some point this season, it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.

vCash
    The reason he's out showing off now, is he lied on the birth certificate to try and get more money. He doesn't jump out as a star but we lack young depth in the infield dept.

Or maybe the guys just minor league quality. Don't know enough of him!

vCash

vCash
    Tough to tell with limited info, but the Yanks seem very interested in him with a spot opening up when Jeter leaves!
    Doesn't hurt to look!
    Last edited by wagnall; 02-12-2014 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    While it looks like were goin with Goins, I would definitely welcome the addition of a guy like Diaz. Even if he takes some time to develop, if he could come in and be a solid offensive contributor, I'd love to use Goins as our utility infielder.

I wonder what sort of guaranteed money Diaz will be looking for?