Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 is Jeters last

Via his FB

vCash
    “It was months ago when I realized that this season would likely be my last. As I came to this conclusion and shared it with my friends and family, they all told me to hold off saying anything until I was absolutely 100 percent sure,” Jeter said. “And the thing is, I could not be more sure. I know it in my heart.
    The 2014 season will be my last year playing professional baseball.”

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    too often stat guys(which i am one) have spent all our time and focus on just tearing him down,but the dude had a great career,was a true ambassador of the game and a legend who's shadow looms large

this actually kind of sad news to me

vCash
    A couple years too late, but he was a great champion

vCash

2014 is Jeters last

One of the greatest. Best of luck for the next chapter of his life. Incredible player and extremely important to the game of baseball

vCash
    In hindsight I regret running with the Internet company line that Jeter is overrated and blahdy blahdy blahdy blah. One of the greatest players I've ever seen and handled his **** like a boss for a franchise that wouldn't forgive him if he did anything less.

Seriously - I spent way too much of his prime knocking him for not being ARod. What a waste of time (not that it's not true but we're talking prime ARod)...I was watching clips of his 1999 a couple months ago and was in awe of his bat talent and approach to on field baseball. Everything was about the game - the way he moved around even on called strikes to make it seem as if the call was closer than you might imagine...the inside out approach to hitting, particularly in the roid era where everything was pulling and power...the zero ****s given during that Seattle/Yankees bench clearing brawl where he and ARod basically chatted it up (resulted in Chad Curtis getting his Yankee pink slip when he knocked Jeter for not participating)...Just such a nuanced player it's impossible to not appreciate in hindsight.

The time was coming anyway and I wouldn't want something ridiculous like him leaving the Yankees or officially moving off SS to happen. Probably the right time to do it.

vCash

2014 is Jeters last

Wow. The end of a phenomenal career. Even as a Mets fan, I have nothing but the upmost respect for one of the classiest people to ever play the game

vCash
    God speed Jetes.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Thanks Jeter for bringing grit and hard work as you are the last from the 90's champ teams that brought back the Yankees pride from the 70's.

And Go Blue always!

vCash
    Its a shame tickets arent for sale yet, hope I dont miss out for his last home game 9/25

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Only took 9 posts for someone to mention grit. Grit baby, grit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Only took 9 posts for someone to mention grit. Grit baby, grit.
    Why the Yankees where successful. He did all the little things on offense and defense but is called overrated because the media (ESPN mainly} hype up homers. How many WS in two chances the Tigers with Miggy got?

1st ballot hall of fame.

vCash
    Not gonna lie this is prob the saddest I have ever felt as a sport fan, which is impressive because im also a Knick and Jet fan. I know people got sick of the love fest that people had for Jeter, but stats, nor words can describe what Jeter means to Yankee Fans
    Last edited by CrazyCrackar; 02-12-2014 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    I'm going to be really sad. One of my all time favorite players. It still feels like yesterday where my friend and I met him at his rookie year.

Amazing career, 100% class, great person, all around a wonderful player to watch in a game I feel is slowly dying. Guys like Griffey, Bernie, Andy Petite, Randy Johnson and Frank Thomas retiring almost makes this game unwatchable for me, now Jeter returning is yet another nail in the coffin for me.

I will miss Jeter. If possible, maybe I can grab some nice seats near the Yankee dugout and try to call out Jeter. That would be nice.

vCash
    Been the shortstop of my favorite team since I was in 7th grade. I'm glad he's calling it, but man, it is going to be strange and he leaves some gigantic shoes to be filled.

Most important Yankee of a generation.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast