Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Harden and Pavano

Both guys are working out this winter and are, allegedly, doing OK. Any interest in bringing these guys in on minor league deals?

vCash
    We have a ton of guys fighting for 1 (or maybe 2) SP jobs this spring. Unless we can sign someone who is a #3 or better I just don't see the point. I think Harden has better upside than many of our guys fighting for the last spot but in reality that last spot might as well be for a league minimum contract for the production we'll likely get for it.

I'm fine spending the appropriate money to fill spots #1-#3 but when it comes down to #4 and #5 you might as well let some youngster fill it for "free" and hope to get some sort of reasonable production.

If we aren't going to be spending a ton of money - this is a good spot not to spend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM

vCash
    can they really make a comeback at their age? I guess Harden isnt that old, but he has been out of the league for 3 years.

vCash
    the question re Harden is....if he couldn't get healthy enough to get any innings last year, what's different this year?

the question re Pavano IMO is less his age than how well he can now pitch with no spleen...he can't lose any more speed and expect to get MLBers out
    gotta love 'referential' treatment