Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Burnett Signs with Phillies

1 year deal.. so now its down to Jimenez/Santana

and this is why we need another thread twitchy so we don't have to open one everytime someone signs

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    There in, there out, I guess there back in now, still got his wish!. Got nothing else......

vCash
    ok that sucks. that's the worst outcome because now Baltimore might stand in our way of the other 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Lol still makes less than Buehrle. If you're to believe Wilner (IF), guess that means it's Jimenez or bust. Fun.

vCash
    seems like O's are really interested in Santana. So leaves us with Jimenez.

vCash
    Bomber your question was answered in the other thread. You don't need to bring it up every post and complain like a child because you don't get your way.

Interesting he chose to sign with Philly. Jimenez and Santana better be signed or AA really dropped the ball.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Lol still makes less than Buehrle. If you're to believe Wilner (IF), guess that means it's Jimenez or bust. Fun.
    I know theses guy make a ton a dough but seems AA is squeezing every penny he can out of them, kick in the head if they both just say **** you and tell the Jays enough screwing around, we don't want to play there and take the next best offer!

vCash
    Anyone who thought Burnett was going to sign here was just setting themselves up for disappointment. I thought he would re-sign with Pit but maybe they weren't willing to couch up 16m. I knew it would be in the NL though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Bomber your question was answered in the other thread. You don't need to bring it up every post and complain like a child because you don't get your way.

Interesting he chose to sign with Philly. Jimenez and Santana better be signed or AA really dropped the ball.
    Makes some sense, Hamels will start the season injured so they needed another starter, and I've done the drive between Pitts. and Philly and its less than a 5 hour easy drive, so he's pretty close to home! And he said he wanted to go back to the N.L. , and there's only so many choices that close to home!

vCash

haha what other choice do i have. Not like i can ban people.. and i just mentioned it again because i didn't see ur post about the issue in the other thread till now

and i have yet to see one of these threads with a "great idea" but whatever

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    If this team is faltering by the ASG does anyone see us unloading everyone?

I hate this half assed approach, we NEED one more starter, even though I guess I would begins going with Stroman/Hutch, but something tells me will see Happ/Redmond which makes me throw up in my mouth.

vCash

I'd heard on the radio that Burnett was really only looking at a few teams, because of his wife. Those cities being Baltimore and Philly. I'm not really sure AA had a shot given Burnetts family situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    If this team is faltering by the ASG does anyone see us unloading everyone?

I hate this half assed approach, we NEED one more starter, even though I guess I would begins going with Stroman/Hutch, but something tells me will see Happ/Redmond which makes me throw up in my mouth.
    If this team falters, it'll be AA losing his job before we see any sort of rebuild. We probably wouldn't see any type of rebuild until the end of the season.

vCash
    I think bomber should be able to share his opinion without being personally attacked. It's a forum.

But yeah I never thought Burnette would sign here. The O's getting Santana and us getting Jimmy is a great scenario IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Anyone who thought Burnett was going to sign here was just setting themselves up for disappointment. I thought he would re-sign with Pit but maybe they weren't willing to couch up 16m. I knew it would be in the NL though.
    Pretty much. I didn't see it happening either.

Great deal for the Phils especially if he can repeat what he did the past 2 seasons. Also on a side note, Burnett will be reunited with Halladay (who if you don't know by now is some sort of pitching coach there) in Philly... maybe that's why he decided to sign there?

Leaves us with Santana/Jimenez now...
    I AM YOUR KING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast