Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

This is what Nuggets fans asked for!!

I sit back and remember when you all complained ****ed moaned and Nuggets fans got what they wanted!! I maybe alone said you're complaining about the wrong things but here we are.. Now you all have what you wanted and ****.. Blame Karl for all the playoff losses all you want but atleast we were a presentable team.. 57 wins and of course a first round exit because we had NO STAR!! Was that Karl's fault?? Congrats Josh you built your new piece of **** team with a coach who is in over his head.. Now if you want to win again in the near future trade and trade for high draft picks.. Your not going to win this year and you sure as hell won't get Free Agents so you HAVE to build around the draft and I would trade the farm for it but what do I know except to say I told you so!!!!

vCash
    Been waiting for a Karl apologist to start it up. You'll have your laugh now..but for every "I told you so" I hope you'll be ready to get what you dish when they turn it around.

Season is still not mathematically over...crazier things have happened.

vCash
    Yes we did want this, but wait for one season, when Shaw gets his team, not Karls, and then come back, if everything is the same then you can say you were right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Been waiting for a Karl apologist to start it up. You'll have your laugh now..but for every "I told you so" I hope you'll be ready to get what you dish when they turn it around.

Season is still not mathematically over...crazier things have happened.
    That is where you're wrong my friend it isn't just about Karl but enlighten me how what you asked for is better??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Yes we did want this, but wait for one season, when Shaw gets his team, not Karls, and then come back, if everything is the same then you can say you were right!
    The way Josh is running it I will guarantee it!!

vCash
    do you even like the nuggets? get that gif the **** out of here

and my god i'm glad GK isnt coaching this team. dont care how many games we lose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    That is where you're wrong my friend it isn't just about Karl but enlighten me how what you asked for is better??
    Statistically, as of now nothing is better. But from the get go this was never Shaw's team to begin with. It seems the FO put a lot of faith in Shaw to make due with what was already here. He's doing an iffy job with that...had something going with the second win streak until injuries took over (anytime you blow out OKC, even without Westbrook, that's nothing to scoff at).

The second win streak was when Shaw finally started to figure out the rotation..playing great basketball..then Arthur went out. Ty got hurt. Arthur came back..Nate tore his ACL..Ty got hurt again...all went to hell after words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurple View Post

and my god i'm glad GK isnt coaching this team. dont care how many games we lose
    It's a sig bet.

vCash
    It's great to see Shaw and this current front office get off blame free. Yay lets blame Karl and Ujiri who have been gone for more than 6 months now.

The fact that Shaw's rotations have been all over the place from the start of the season, ignored. Fact that there is no rhyme or reason to how many minutes players an in what situation, **** it. Karl got crucified for 2 PG line ups, but Shaw who did that regularly and infact rolled out 3 PG line ups at times, doesn't even get a peep out of fans. Karl didn't play Hamilton, kill Karl. Shaw buries him on the bench, Hamilton who? Karl wins 57 games, fire him. Shaw is on pace for fewer than 41, hold on miracles are possible.

And don't even get me started on how our front office shat the bed this year. Two monkeys with a yoyo could have done a better job than Josh "I wanna hang banners" Kroenke and Tim Connely. Seriously is there any GM in the league who has done less than Connelly. He basically mailed in the draft and since then made lazy journeymen signings all offseason. Handed over a **** team to Shaw and said, see you guys next season. Call me when we make the play.. I mean call me when we are done sucking ***. I'll come make sure we get ******** next season. #SuckerForOkafor baby.

vCash
    A lot of Nuggets fans felt Karl's tenure had run its course and it was time for a new coaching direction. I stand among them, and I'll continue to stand by that position. He did some really great, innovative things, and did a good job with the cat herding (especially in the Melo/AI/JR/Kenyon era), but it had become all too clear from his postseason track record that he wasn't going to take them to the promised land. Which is certainly not to say that Sahw necessarily will, but there comes a time when you've got to reckon with the fact that it's just not working out anymore, and Karl easily used up all of his nine lives with his almost perfect series of first round exits.

On the other hand, I don't know a single Nuggets fan who wanted Ujiri gone. Kroenke's biggest failure so far (though it's hard to know whether it's more from hubris or lack of foresight) was not locking down a long term extension for Masai early in the 2012-13 season. And that's not necessarily a knock on Connelly, who was immediately called upon to make the most of a **** sandwich as soon as he walked through the door of the Pepsi Center. But let's just say it's unlikely that Ujiri would have extended the full MLE to Hickson.

Manimal, 6 months is really not very long in basketball time. Look how many years it took for OKC (née Seattle) to get that team built. I'm still willing to give both Connelly and Shaw the provisional benefit of the doubt. There's still tiime for the FO to make moves to get the team on a better course, one more in line with Shaw's direction. But they've got to get on the same page, and furnish him with the personnel which can execute his system, which he clearly does not have right now. And that's gonna mean some pain. Faried will probably have to go, for starters. Even if they make all the right moves to make things better, it'll get worse first.

But it was nearly inevitable that it would get to this point sooner or later. The "win without any stars" project, which I fully supported for what it's worth, is perhaps not impossible, but it's practically untenable in such a star-driven league. It's pretty much the perfect storm of the 2004 Pistons and... well, nope, just them. Something had to give, and a few more things probably have to give as well.

Losing sucks, and we're not used to seeing it, and times will be rough for a while. But I'm not ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater just quite yet. Let's see where things are at after Connelly's had a full year, or a year and a half, to really make his mark on the roster, and Shaw's had his chance to do the same with his team. And hopefully progress in a better direction starts before the end of the trade deadline. That will be the first test: How will KronCon resolve the Andre Miller situation?
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    We didnt ask for 6 of the 7 most pivotal players of last years team to be off the team or injured

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    A lot of Nuggets fans felt Karl's tenure had run its course and it was time for a new coaching direction. I stand among them, and I'll continue to stand by that position. He did some really great, innovative things, and did a good job with the cat herding (especially in the Melo/AI/JR/Kenyon era), but it had become all too clear from his postseason track record that he wasn't going to take them to the promised land. Which is certainly not to say that Sahw necessarily will, but there comes a time when you've got to reckon with the fact that it's just not working out anymore, and Karl easily used up all of his nine lives with his almost perfect series of first round exits.

On the other hand, I don't know a single Nuggets fan who wanted Ujiri gone. Kroenke's biggest failure so far (though it's hard to know whether it's more from hubris or lack of foresight) was not locking down a long term extension for Masai early in the 2012-13 season. And that's not necessarily a knock on Connelly, who was immediately called upon to make the most of a **** sandwich as soon as he walked through the door of the Pepsi Center. But let's just say it's unlikely that Ujiri would have extended the full MLE to Hickson.

Manimal, 6 months is really not very long in basketball time. Look how many years it took for OKC (née Seattle) to get that team built. I'm still willing to give both Connelly and Shaw the provisional benefit of the doubt. There's still tiime for the FO to make moves to get the team on a better course, one more in line with Shaw's direction. But they've got to get on the same page, and furnish him with the personnel which can execute his system, which he clearly does not have right now. And that's gonna mean some pain. Faried will probably have to go, for starters. Even if they make all the right moves to make things better, it'll get worse first.

But it was nearly inevitable that it would get to this point sooner or later. The "win without any stars" project, which I fully supported for what it's worth, is perhaps not impossible, but it's practically untenable in such a star-driven league. It's pretty much the perfect storm of the 2004 Pistons and... well, nope, just them. Something had to give, and a few more things probably have to give as well.

Losing sucks, and we're not used to seeing it, and times will be rough for a while. But I'm not ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater just quite yet. Let's see where things are at after Connelly's had a full year, or a year and a half, to really make his mark on the roster, and Shaw's had his chance to do the same with his team. And hopefully progress in a better direction starts before the end of the trade deadline. That will be the first test: How will KronCon resolve the Andre Miller situation?
    I can cut Shaw some slack that he doesn't have the pieces for his style of basketball. But fact is that we don't know yet what his style of basketball is. He did well at the Lakers with guys like Kobe and Pau and Bynum and a still effective Artest and Odom all playing at their peaks respectively.

He did well at Indiana with a team that had Hibbert, Paul George, Granger, David West and Lance Stephenson.

Lets also remember that he was an assistant at both places and not the main guy. I see Indiana only getting better this season. I don't think they are missing Shaw.

Fact is that he is running most of the things Karl was running and playing the same guys only more ineffectively.

As far as the front office is concerned, wasn't Josh Kroenke the guy who said it was him and Ujiri doing things together? Hey look Ujiri has turned Toronto around and Josh has turned Denver around the wrong way.

I have no idea what Tim Connely does. What was the point of the draft day trade of the pick? What was the point of trading for Arthur and then signing Hickson? Why are we signing journeymen if the plan was to give young players minutes?

It took OKC time to become what they aren. But atleast they had a plan and a clear vision. They stockpiled draft picks and assets and tanked. "Need to get worse before we get better".

Houston had a plan too. Stockpile as many assets as we can while remaining flexible in terms of salary. And make smart draft picks. Whoops we turned that into Harden and Howard and lots of useful role players that can be packaged together for another star.

What's the plan with Connelly. We have become worse, but not worse enough, just mediocre. Our young players aren't playing. Instead of Faried, Fournier, Hamilton and Miller playing. We have Hickson, Foye and Nate when fit playing. Journeymen at the tail end of their career.

We have no real assets in terms of draft picks apart from our own.

Really what's the vision for hanging banners that Josh promised when he sacked Karl and let Ujiri go. If you don't think that the Nuggets are on the fast track to irrelevancy, think again. On track to become the Jazz, Bucks, Pre-Ujiri Raptors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurple:27961728

I've been coming to the Nuggets forum since I joined PSD, just not a fan of the NBA right now and yeah not a Seattle fan I love all Colorado sports teams!!

Like I have said I can see why people wanted Karl gone but have a better plan. Also the Karl haters are funny they don't care how many games we lose or how bad we are just get him outta here lol. I don't know I kinda like winning and having a fun team to watch but I guess that's not the in thing now.. I blame most of this on Josh but I still don't see what he and the moves he made makes us better? I know the injuries but even before the injuries this team wasn't good not to mention the green light approval to have Gallo gone for two years.
    Last edited by Game_Over; 02-12-2014 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    We wanted Karl gone. We didn't want Masai gone. We didn't want Iggy gone (or at least not to hang around long enough to hold us up from signing better FAs). We didn't want a bunch of crappy FAs that don't fit together. And we didn't want Gallinari out for the entire season, McGee out for almost the entire season, Nate Robinson now out for the entire season and Lawson also missing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    A lot of Nuggets fans felt Karl's tenure had run its course and it was time for a new coaching direction. I stand among them, and I'll continue to stand by that position.
    I have always respected your opinion and will continue to do so but I dont fully agree with you on this occasion. Ok, just some background, I grew up mostly in Australia (from age 7, but born in Italy) and moved to the USA in 2000 for consulting work. I ended up in Denver in 2005. I had no sports team for which I was a devout fan of in the USA until I decided that I would make Denver my home. So from about 2006 I became a Nuggets fan (I supported the same rugby league team since I first watched a game the year I got to Australia... so I am a loyal fan). The Nuggets are the ONLY team I consider myself a fan of here in the States.

I gave that background since my experience of the Nuggets is from 2005/2006 onwards. I have had it good. Once I choose a team, I am a lifer, till death do us part. I have been a season ticket holder for 4 years now. The reason I am a season ticket holder is because, not only did the Nuggets win but they played a brand of basketball which was worth paying money to watch in person (I can catch every game on Altitude if I want to).

So GK is the only style of BBall I have witnessed (though I have caught MJ in Washington playing for the Wizards, and have seen the Knicks at MSG and the Hawks in ATL). To those who think there was no method to his madness, that is, a lack of system, then I think you should re-evaluate that because GK was all about percentage shots, Motion O. In what may have seemed as a free and chaotic style of basketball, there was a lot of emphasis on shot selection. Was it hard to watch the Nuggets get bumped out of the first round? Hell yes. But every season, especially the last two, you came away feeling like the Nuggets were inching closer, one piece away from really contending.

Heck, last year before the season started I had high hopes and felt like the Nuggets could make some noise but I was not expecting 57 wins. Though throughout the season confidence grew and heading towards the playoffs I really did believe we could surprise the NBA. Then Gallo got hurt, Faried suffered an injury and the wheels fell off against GSW. We also had one of the youngest starting five in NBA. Who could argue that the future still looked bright in Denver? I guess Josh could.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water! I think Josh did just that.

The ONLY move that was forced upon the Nuggets was the Mole's. Iggy had decided he liked the Bay area long before he had cleaned out his locker. Do I think it was time for a change in coaching? No. We had just won 57 games with a young core. EVERYONE last year said we needed a 3pt shooter. That was about it, just a three point shooter to spread the floor.

Now? All I hear is we need to trade everyone, we need a SG, a PF, a true center, trade away the fan favorite, play inside out.

As for Masai, huge loss and hopefully Josh has learned that the NBA is a business and when you offer someone a contract... OFFER THEM a PEN and a PIECE of PAPER!!! And ask them to please sign on the dotted line.

Am I ready to throw Shaw under the bus? Of course not. Am I about to gloat and say I am a GK apologist? No. I have moved on (somewhat). I want the Nuggets to succeed. I want Shaw to succeed for that reason.

Shaw has been as much a roller coaster as the Nuggets play this year. He has had the worst luck with player injuries. He has had just about as much luck with roster composition (not his fault). I can live with losses. I dont like him throwing players under the bus to the media. I dislike him playing Fours out of position and yanking him early for apparent poor play. Yes, we lack a PG. So Play Foye at PG and Fours at his natural position of SG. Thats where he needs to develop. Move him to PG when resting Foye for a few minutes. Have Q. Miller play SF not SG. Veteran players can play out of position (I'd rather Chandler at SG than QM). Give Mozgov the start and play JJ in his natural position (PF)

The FO needs to get a PG on the roster ASAP.

I hardly think it's time to panic and trade everyone. The Nuggets are close to 0.500 with a starting 5 which is essentially almost comprised of our second unit. I think that is an accomplishment and proof of the talent and depth as opposed to the general view that we LACK talent on the roster. Take three starters out of any NBA team and I think you would be hard pressed to find another team hovering around 0.500

So, yes I miss GK. I loved watching the Nuggets run teams off the floor. Watch players with freakish athletic ability use that ability to entertain and win the hearts and minds of the fans. Do I dislike that Shaw seems intent on changing our style of play? Yes. Does that make me a bad fan? No. I will always be a Nuggets fan but I may choose to watch them on Altitude instead.

vCash
    People do realize that this isn't the same roster as the 57 win team right? Last year had a 9 man rotation of Ty, Iggy, Gallo, Faried, Koufos, Miller, Brewer, Chandler and McGee. Of those 9 guys, only 3 are part of the rotation this year (Ty, Faried and Chandler). So we are comparing apples and oranges. This team, with a top 9 pick, getting gallo back and mcgee makes us a way, way better team. Did Denv fans ask for all our PG's to go down? For our best scorer to miss the whole season? I am praying we can move Faried for a perimeter defensive stud, and can draft one of Vonleh, Gordon or Randle. That would catapult this team back up to contention. Or maybe a Faried, Gallo for Monroe, Stuckey? The point is that this team was patched together after the Iggy bail and was given to a new coach with a completely different mindset.

Now I will say this about the Illusion that is GK. When you have a team that averages 25 years old, playing at 5,000 feet no one is gonna run with you. Teams simply did not want to fly up to altitude and run like we could for 48 minutes. In the playoffs however teams will compete harder, depth is no longer that important (look at GSW's depth last year) and making shots, playing defense and halfcourt execution becomes everything. GK would put Miller on Curry for single defensive plays at the end of games, never drew up an inbounds play that worked and overall got outcoached in every playoff series. I for one am perfectly fine with taking two steps backwards to take 4 forwards and that is what this year is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast