Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Maybe people should stop ripping DMC's Defense?

Interesting read right here:

Defensive Player of the Year

1. Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers
    2. Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City Thunder
    3. Dwight Howard, Houston Rockets
    4. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings
    5. Paul George, Indiana Pacers

This may honestly be the most fun race of the year. Hibbert and Ibaka are effectively neck and neck at this point. We'll get more into this in a few weeks, but the two have remarkably different tactics but similar rates of production. Hibbert's mobility is underrated as the assumption is that he's stuck in the paint. The reality is that he has good awareness of staying within range so it seems like he's always there. But he can guard in the pick and roll and stay fluid with his rotations.

Meanwhile, Ibaka's closed on the things that I had always criticized him for. He doesn't fall for pump faks nearly as often. He doesn't chase blocks at the expense of his rotation. He's still a monster rebounder. He's able to more effectively guard in space and can shut down players with multiple weapons from the triple-threat. KD is unbelievable, but OKC's defense is what makes them a title contender. And Ibaka's the biggest part of that.

That's right, DeMarcus Cousins. Cousins still does enough to drive you nuts, but it's reached "Serge Ibaka in 2012" levels. Just because he has a worse attitude doesn't take away from what he does well. For all players defending at least 10 possessions per game, Synergy Sports lists DMC as fourth best in the league,. He's the best with over 14 possessions defended per game.

Dwight Howard's getting more and more healthy. Just keep that in the back of your head.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...all-star-break
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Personally, I think Cousins has been pretty solid defensively. You can tell he has increased his effort on that side of the floor. He has also been a vocal leader on that end by holding teammates accountable.

vCash
    I didn't know people thought he was a bad defender??

Sometimes I wonder if the people watching these games have eyes.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    I didn't know people thought he was a bad defender??

Sometimes I wonder if the people watching these games have eyes.....
    I'll give you 2 quick examples.

1. FreeJimmer posted this 3 days prior to this thread:

Terrible, lazy defender. Routinely out of place and routinely burned. Last two games alone, Sullinger and Nene/Gortat have punked him on both ends.
    2. I was listening to bay area's radio station knbr and the warriors tv guy is one of the hosts. He randomly brought up demarcus cousins and praised his offensive skill but then slammed his "colossally terrible defense"

3. read the nba forum from time to time. Most talk bad about his Def.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    I'll give you 2 quick examples.

1. FreeJimmer posted this 3 days prior to this thread:

2. I was listening to bay area's radio station knbr and the warriors tv guy is one of the hosts. He randomly brought up demarcus cousins and praised his offensive skill but then slammed his "colossally terrible defense"

3. read the nba forum from time to time. Most talk bad about his Def.
    Freejimmer's opinion on the kings is at best extremely biased, at worst completely unqualified

vCash
    He's improving but there's still plenty of to grow.

vCash
    Demarcus Cousins is not the problem with this team. Plain and simple.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP:27993827
    Demarcus Cousins is not the problem with this team. Plain and simple.
    I would love it if coaches like Malone deducted salary if a player misses 3-5 defensive rotations in a game. That way this whole team would bust its *** off

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    My one complaint about Boogie on defense is how he defends the pick and roll. Well really, my complaint is how the entire team defends the pick and roll. They act like they have never seen it before.

Slap Hands!