Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tracy McGrady Working With Roger Clemens to Make the Minors

Was checking my fantasy BB teams on CBS and ran across this story,

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...itching-career

McGrady is working with Roger Clemens on pitching techniques as he tries to land a minor league contract.

Good luck, but why at this point with his age?

vCash
    why? to get a paycheck..but it makes for a nice publicity stunt though

vCash
    I mean, I wish him the best, but this is more annoying than interesting, as in....it's publicity....

But he is only 34, I was surprised to see that. He has a lot of natural talent, but the chances of him making the big leagues is basically none.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    why? to get a paycheck..but it makes for a nice publicity stunt though
    Or get away from the wife for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I mean, I wish him the best, but this is more annoying than interesting, as in....it's publicity....

But he is only 34, I was surprised to see that. He has a lot of natural talent, but the chances of him making the big leagues is basically none.
    True with talent as a athlete, but if successful I agree just a minor league player. But most likely he played baseball in high school.

vCash
    Yall dont get tmac is da goat yall be hatin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Squash View Post
    Yall dont get tmac is da goat yall be hatin
    goat lmao. This guy is the Travis Hafner of the NBA. All the talent in the world, just cant stay healthy.

vCash
    b12 injections!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    He was a pitcher in junior HS before he moved to Georgia where his HS doesn't have a baseball program, he then started playing basketball and the rest is history I guess. He is a big baseball fan and I guess after making all that money in the NBA he is now living his childhood dream.

Kinda like Jordan but a bit different since T-Mac is officially retired from the NBA(he can't land a roster spot anymore unlike MJ back in 1993).

Good for T-Mac, I watched some of his videos training and he has an ok fastball(ok command, velocity is still not that impressive, sits at 86-87mph). decent slider and working on his curveball.

You never know, maybe he can land a minor league invite with a team like the Astros or the Marlins(T-Mac had great years in Orlando) who need to draw more fans.
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

vCash
    I played against him in a softball tourney years ago and he played a mean shortstop. Could hit a mile also.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    He will fail.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    If it doesn't happen on the Next Knuckler than it doesn't happen at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    He was a pitcher in junior HS before he moved to Georgia where his HS doesn't have a baseball program, he then started playing basketball and the rest is history I guess. He is a big baseball fan and I guess after making all that money in the NBA he is now living his childhood dream.

Kinda like Jordan but a bit different since T-Mac is officially retired from the NBA(he can't land a roster spot anymore unlike MJ back in 1993).

Good for T-Mac, I watched some of his videos training and he has an ok fastball(ok command, velocity is still not that impressive, sits at 86-87mph). decent slider and working on his curveball.

You never know, maybe he can land a minor league invite with a team like the Astros or the Marlins(T-Mac had great years in Orlando) who need to draw more fans.
    Thanks for that info.

I figured he played more then one sport growing up and who knows if he could of played baseball instead if the high school he moved to had a baseball program. Like me most people who participate in athletics in high school try to play on different sports through the three seasons of school time. I ran CC in the fall, played BB in the winter for three years until I was cut my senior year, and ran track in the spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I played against him in a softball tourney years ago and he played a mean shortstop. Could hit a mile also.
    Great memories for you. Sweet to play against him.

vCash
    Tracy McGrady is such a BASKETBALL name though don't you think? It's a horrible Baseball name though.

Like, Roger Clemens? GREAT baseball name. Tracy McGrady? GREAT basketball name, but HORRIBLE baseball name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    If it doesn't happen on the Next Knuckler than it doesn't happen at all.
    Exactly what I was thinking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast