Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Salute to Corey Webster: Corey Webster & Brandon Myers Contract Voided

Disappointing Brandon Myers, Corey Webster no longer with NY Giants

By Ebenezer Samuel / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Friday, February 7, 2014, 7:51 PM

Two of the most disappointing players in the Giants' disappointing 2013 season are officially no longer with the team.

On Friday, tight end Brandon Myers and corner Corey Webster saw their deals automatically voided. Myers had signed a four-year deal with the Giants last season with three voidable years. Webster, meanwhile, had one voidable year remaining on his contract. Those deals voided at 4 p.m. Friday.

The Giants had little reason to bring either player back. Myers arrived with plenty of promise, but he struggled throughout the season, catching just 47 passes for 522 yards, and he may forever be known for the pass he didn't catch in Chicago, when Eli Manning's deep throw was just out of his reach, resulting in an interception and sealing the sixth loss of the Giants' 0-6 start to the year.

Webster appeared in just four games thanks to a series of injuries, although he was supplanted by journeyman Trumaine McBride long before being placed on season-ending injured reserve in December. It marked a second straight season of coverage struggles for Webster, 31, who was once considered a lockdown corner.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1606467

A tribute for the best cornerback that I have ever seen to play for the Giants (with all due respect to Seahorn)

Corey Webster's best season highlights:
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    I still think Webster will be back on a vet min contract sometime in preseason. Although it does seem like he's building a car business outside of football to get into. Maybe ready for retirement. Dude is a hard worker and gym rat though, so he'll keep going.
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 02-11-2014 at 08:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I still think Webster will be back on a vet min contract sometime in preseason.
    IDK man, Carl Banks called him out, saying that he quit on the team. Banks really does wear his big blue heart on his sleeve, so I concur with him, plus he made a couple of validating points.

Banks made a few validating points in his tweets, which can be seen in the link below, but if Webster really did quit on the team like that, then I really don't want him back on this team.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...teammates.html
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    The greatest play of his career: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZ52zYRiJQ#t=2h33m24s

....ok it was a crap throw by Favre too

vCash
    The greatest play of his career: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZ52zYRiJQ#t=2h33m24s

I'll remember him for that play and how good he was in 2011. He had some tough matchups that year and he delivered.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I'll remember him for that play and how good he was in 2011. He had some tough matchups that year and he delivered.
    I'll always respect him for stepping up when the Giants needed him too, the man delivered twice when his name was called....Except for the 2012 Season..

But my favorite Corey Webster moment has to be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYkJTsVHfdo

vCash
    idk I have always kinda liked webster but it seemed like he played well when the giants D played well. He didn't have the ability to play well when the rest of the D was playing horrible.

vCash

Dude I watched the whole game over lol that is my greatest sports moment that year was so frustrating and we turned it on. I remember that last game vs the pats regular season amazing.. Tynes that ***** missed the 37 yarder and then hit the 47 what a great feeling
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Dude I watched the whole game over lol that is my greatest sports moment that year was so frustrating and we turned it on. I remember that last game vs the pats regular season amazing.. Tynes that ***** missed the 37 yarder and then hit the 47 what a great feeling
    Best play of that game was Pierce taking on 2 guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUnnW3DkaCk

That's in my top 5 favorite post season moments of all time. That guy has more heart than our entire current defense combined.....well maybe minus T2.

vCash
    Best play of that game was Pierce taking on 2 guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUnnW3DkaCk

That's in my top 5 favorite post season moments of all time. That guy has more heart than our entire current defense combined.....well maybe minus T2.
    Hands down my favorite play of the entire playoffs and yes that includes the SB, I played LB and that play was not only amazing but probably game saving.. Nothing but open field behind Pierce..

vCash

Yeah man holy **** that brings up great memories. I mean the second Super Bowl was great too we were underdogs but people knew we had a shot, in 07 there is not one non giant/Brady hater that had in that game simply amazing
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    On the flip side, I don't know I've cursed out a Giants player more than when he fell down in coverage and Moss caught that TD in the Super Bowl. Thought it was over.

vCash
    My favorite Webster game was that Buffalo game in 2011. He made two game-changing plays when the Giants needed them. That first INT he had was an acrobatic catch, almost pissed in my pants when a ref threw a flag after that play.

I'd like to say Corey Webster single-handedly won that game for us, but that would be unfair to Bradshaw and the whole team.

vCash
    Banks called Webster a gutless dog last year. Making up injuries to bail out of games. So much for Webster. Amazing how all these guys do is get paid to play a game and they can't even do that with some class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gokreidergo View Post
    Banks called Webster a gutless dog last year. Making up injuries to bail out of games. So much for Webster. Amazing how all these guys do is get paid to play a game and they can't even do that with some class.
    That's a bold accusation on pure hearsay to dictate an opinion of a guy's character.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast