Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Banner and Lombardi are out in Cleveland

In yet another completely believable move by the Browns organization, the team announced that team CEO Joe Banner is stepping down and that general manager Mike Lombardi has been fired after just one season.

In Lombardi's place, Ray Farmer, the team's assistant general manager, has been promoted to Lombardi's old spot.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...armer-to-be-gm

Damn, things are messy in Cleveland right now.

vCash
    I'm sorry Browns fans.....but reading the title and quote I had to LOL.

What a disaster. "In yet another completely believable move by the Browns organization" ouch. This is possibly worse than the last few years of the Raiders under Al Davis.
    Last edited by IBleedPurple; 02-11-2014 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    Lombardi deserved to be fired if it was his call to fire Chudz. They had one of the best coaching staffs in the league w/ Chudz, Turner at OC, and Horton at DC. Now they have a bunch of unknowns and Kyle Shannahan who I'm not a fan of.

Even if it wasn't his call, Lombardi sucks as a GM.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    They deserved to get fired but there is no stability there.

vCash
    Continuity be damned.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    So the owner fired the CEO and GM for firing the coach? And now with a new GM coming in they could potentially fire the coach again? Can Petine just come back to the Bills please?

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    contrary to popular belief, clevelnad does not rock
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Getting rid of Lombardi was the right move. He's made some really questionable decisions in his short stint there.

That organization is a mess right now though, they need some stability in the worst way.

vCash
    Joe Banner is actually WORSE than Lombardi because he's a stubborn douche who won't listen to anyone.

Lombardi was only there as a figurehead puppet.

Not sure why everyone is so harsh on him (he is terrible, but still, not because of anything in CLE)

Best move CLE has made in AGES. Now get some normal people in there, should have done this already so you could get a real coach. But now is better than later.

Oh and don't draft Johnny Manziel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash

Banner and Lombardi are out in Cleveland

It's to the point where I can't even feel bad for this anymore. Easily the most poorly run franchise over the last 3-5 years.

vCash
    Well, I am not here to tout Lombardi, however, he did get a 1st round draft selection for Trent Richardson.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Just weird
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSized View Post
    Joe Banner is actually WORSE than Lombardi because he's a stubborn douche who won't listen to anyone.

Lombardi was only there as a figurehead puppet.

Not sure why everyone is so harsh on him (he is terrible, but still, not because of anything in CLE)

Best move CLE has made in AGES. Now get some normal people in there, should have done this already so you could get a real coach. But now is better than later.

Oh and don't draft Johnny Manziel.
    This is definitely the best move the Browns have made in a while. This looks like added dysfunction but in reality this is them ending the dysfunction. Banner, who had no real history in player/talent evaluation, was trying to live out his fantasy of being a real life GM and had Lombardi as his puppet as you mentioned. Also it's pretty well known that the NFL put Banner in touch with Haslam when he showed interest in buying a team so it's not like Banner was Haslam's guy. Haslam heard from others around the league, including coaching candidates, about how people didn't want to work with/for Banner and things of that nature and finally had enough of it. He took over the coaching search and went with his own guy in Pettine as coach and promoted his guy in Farmer to GM. This is him taking control of the organization and running it his way. This should led to the stability that the organization needs.

vCash
    My only question is why now? And not when Chud got axed.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    No offense to anyone intended, but I really think you guys who are mocking this don't know what was going on there.

This is literally the best move they could have made. I applaud them.

If any Browns fans weigh in, it will make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast