Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lombardi out in Cleveland

Michael Lombardi is out in Cleveland. Wasn't that the guy that Al Davis said, " He got fired at every job he ever had".

Al was not wrong about everything over the last 15 years. Michael Lombardi isn't very good.

(not sure if I should of started a thread over that, but I didn't know where to put it)

Stork, if you want to move my thread, be my guest.

vCash
    Side note, what worries me most, Lombardi was gung ho about Manziel. I would love to have the browns draft manziel for a couple reasons. A. So we don't. B. So we either look at another QB or a NON QB in the first.

To my knowledge Lombardi and Al Davis had a falling out (crazy huh? everyone gets along with AL!) and Lombardi was sent packing very similar to this.

vCash
    well i could care less....lombardi on nfl network really used to annoy me...like sapp...any shot he could take at the raiders he did....oh well...im sure he gets his old job back on the network

vCash
    Yeah, Lombardi sucks IMO. I'd be mad if I were a Browns' fan as they had a really good coaching staff and now everything has been blown up. They had Chudz at HC, Norv Turner at OC, and Ray Horton at DC. What teams out there have a better coaching staff?
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Browns are a mess!

vCash
    That was quick! The Browns actually make us look semi-functional. As far as for Lombardi....Just because he shares.names with the great Vince Lombardi does not mean he knows his football. Al on point again.

vCash
    I assure you that Lombardi is pure trash. Check his track record. Seldom have I seen such poor work.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75:27959140
    That was quick! The Browns actually make us look semi-functional. As far as for Lombardi....Just because he shares.names with the great Vince Lombardi does not mean he knows his football. Al on point again.
    In fairness, there is an easy counter to crediting Davis with dismissing Lombardi, Kiffin, etc... He hired them as well. In essence, he was proven wrong before later proven right.

Having former Raider coaches/executives confirm their unworthiness in similar capacities elsewhere doesn't exactly console me in regards to their having ever worked in Oakland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Browns are a mess!
    That's like a pig farmer looking over his neighbors fence wondering where the smell is coming from...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    In fairness, there is an easy counter to crediting Davis with dismissing Lombardi, Kiffin, etc... He hired them as well. In essence, he was proven wrong before later proven right.

Having former Raider coaches/executives confirm their unworthiness in similar capacities elsewhere doesn't exactly console me in regards to their having ever worked in Oakland.
    That is true, Al did hire him ,in the first place. I was waiting for someone to make that point.

vCash
    Al hired him, but when things went really bad in Art Shell's 2nd stint, Lombardi was leaking stuff to the press. He deserved to get fired every bit as much as Kiffin. OK to hate your boss, but don't go around his back to the press.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pedaso:27962803
    Al hired him, but when things went really bad in Art Shell's 2nd stint, Lombardi was leaking stuff to the press. He deserved to get fired every bit as much as Kiffin. OK to hate your boss, but don't go around his back to the press.
    Absolutely, but a "good fire" doesn't compensate for a "bad hire". It isn't reasonable to celebrate the latter half of the equation without deriding the first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    Absolutely, but a "good fire" doesn't compensate for a "bad hire". It isn't reasonable to celebrate the latter half of the equation without deriding the first.
    Agree 100%

Al was great for the NFL and Raiders, but the last couple decades it seemed there were a lot of "bad hires"

vCash
    crap...now he might go back on NFL Network :/
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    crap...now he might go back on NFL Network :/
    I hope not.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast