Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Ray Farmer New GM

Cleveland Browns ‏@Browns 1m
    BREAKING: Official release from Cleveland Browns - Ray Farmer named team General Manager.
    Twitter

Not sure what Lombardi is now. Browns official twitter just posted this.

vCash
    Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft 3m
    WHOA RT @viccarucci Ray Farmer promoted to GM. Joe Banner to step down as CEO. GM Michael Lombardi to leave the team. Press conf. at 11am
    This just became a much bigger story. Prayers have been answered

vCash
    @NickCaminoWTAM: #Browns CEO Joe Banner leaving organization in 2 months. Mike Lombardi GONE. Ray Farmer promoted to GM. Unfreakingbelievable.

vCash
    That's good news. Haslam must of been inspired by Dan Gilbert. Exciting times in Cleveland when GMs and CEOs lose jobs not actually winning games.

vCash
    Wow! Did not see this coming. I thought Banner would stay on board. I saw Farmer replacing Lombardi, but didn't see Banner leaving. What a complete 180 from last year... You guys think this is good news? Wonder how long they have known this?

vCash
    Called it last week. My guy gave me some really good info as I posted last week and said Farmer was staying with CLE as he was promised changes were being made and that he was going to be the GM. Heard though that Lombardi would be kept in a more VP role but I guess Jimmy just felt better to move on from him.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzor12 View Post
    Wow! Did not see this coming. I thought Banner would stay on board. I saw Farmer replacing Lombardi, but didn't see Banner leaving. What a complete 180 from last year... You guys think this is good news? Wonder how long they have known this?
    From my buddy in Berea this has been something Jimmy has thought about since December apperantly. It is a well known rumor that the NFL forced Banner on Jimmy when he bought the team as the NFL wanted an known NFL FO person to be with Jimmy during the initial process of taking over and decided on Banner because they wanted to pay him back for the work he did on the new CBA in 2011 where he had a huge hand in the new rookie wage scale.

vCash

All of Cleveland is probably doing this.

vCash
    Interesting too that Farmer and Pettine were the two guys in Mobile for the entire week of the Senior Bowl and now they are the two men that are going to be running this ship.

vCash
    Aaron Goldhammer ‏ @ HammerNation19 3m
    Rizz: Apparently, there was a falling out between Joe Banner and Jimmy Haslam. I think it was during the coaching search...

Tony Grossi ‏ @ TonyGrossi 4m
    Despite Twitter rumors, anyone who isn't stunned by # Browns announcement of Banner and Lombardi leaving is not breathing.

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl 5m
    Very strong rumors over last few weeks that Banner and Lombardi would be out after the draft--this is sooner than expected. Wow.

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl 8m
    So Banner and Lombardi are out. Farmer promoted to GM, Alec Scheiner to take over business ops.

Albert Breer ‏ @ AlbertBreer 10m
    Word was rampant that owner Jimmy Haslam was embarrassed by how the Browns were viewed locally in January. Change was coming.
    Some tweets out there.

Actually getting some info too that Lombardi was bad mouthing the Browns entire organization recently to Gase's people that Gase should not come to the Browns as it would "ruin his career". Appearantly there has been much underhanded things going on over there.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 02-11-2014 at 10:29 AM.

vCash
    I absofreakinglutely love it!

vCash
    This completely throws the "Probably not going to re-sign Mack" out the window now IMO. Jimmy in his letter to the fans said the team had ample cap space this off-season and 5 Pro-Bowlers where that is what he was selling where he probably told Pettine who made it a point to say its about retaining key players in his initial PC. He fits the ZBS as well with his technique and interior size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    This completely throws the "Probably not going to re-sign Mack" out the window now IMO. Jimmy in his letter to the fans said the team had ample cap space this off-season and 5 Pro-Bowlers where that is what he was selling where he probably told Pettine who made it a point to say its about retaining key players in his initial PC. He fits the ZBS as well with his technique and interior size.
    I was thinking the same thing and actually just posted that question in the offseason thread. Great minds think alike.

vCash
    Has anyone checked on Tony Grossi? He might be dead of a heart attack induced by over-joyment of losing his "buddy" Lombardi.
    [/B]I am a Pit Puritan.

vCash
    Jason Cole ‏ @ JasonPhilCole 34s
    Banner/Lombardi also failed to get Chip Kelly in 2013. Throw in rumors of erratic behavior by Lombardi vs Chud, starts to make sense. Sorta
    @SprowESPN: #Browns have now had 3 different head coaches and 3 different GMs in the last 407 days.
    Alec Scheiner is completely capable of handling biz ops
    Soshi Brown (Harvard grad/young bright capologist) can handle the cap manipulation and contracts
    Ray Farmer is the GM.

Browns are set and perception wise and real time wise in a much better light league wide and fan wise IMO.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast