Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why doesnt Lebron want to participate in the dunk contest?

He put on a great show I just saw on a video and he is one of the best dunkers ever....

Are people not disappointed or am i just being silly? All the greats (who had/have dunking ability) have participated in the dunk contest MJ, Kobe, Vince Carter, Dominque etc....

Is it a brand thing where he scared he will lose? Who cares if he looses, at least he participated. Will people really hate lebron because ''he lost in the dunk contest''.

vCash
    Fear of failure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Fear of failure.
    +1

Plus he is more in game dunker than a showman.

vCash
    I think it's a jinx thing... It's all mental when it comes to Le-con.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Fear of failure.
    This was always my thinking as well

vCash
    Why do it when he knows he can't win it? He is a great player and great in game dunker. Some people aren't meant for dunk contests and he's one of them. Not a slight at him, he knows this as well, hence why he never participated.

It's so annoying when people want him in it every year. I'd rather see the people who are made for dunk contests do it. The Nate Robinsons, Gerald Greens, and Terrence Rosses of the world are all more flashy and better trick dunkers.

vCash
    Dunk contests wear you out. He probably just wants the extra days off before making a run a the campionship.

The fear of failure is straight stupid though. Unless you think every great dunker in the last 5 years is afraid of failing... Which I think is an absurd statement when talking about A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER.

DERP!

vCash
    lol hes scared??? yeah the guy won 2 championships and multiple mvps, but hes scared of a dunk contest.

vCash
    Fear of failure is silly. We are talking about a multi-time MVP & champion. Lebron actually had a lot to gain if he entered the contest in his younger years.

I think he recognizes who he is. Lebron is an amazing in-game dunker, but he lacks the creativity to thrive in a dunk contest. Anybody who watched him in the McDonald's All-American dunk contest realizes this. The guy can jump as high as anyone and slam it as hard as anyone, but he lacks the creativity. The slams he does in the game that makes you jump out your seat, would be just regular dunks in a dunk contest..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    I've never understood why people care about this so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    The biggest problems with the dunk contest is that the league keeps tinkering with it. The league should allow to let any player in the league put their name in the pool, so at least you will have the guys that actually want to be there in the contest. If the league wants to put a number on how many can be in the contest that's fine, but the league needs to stop handpicking who they want.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    he's obviously just scared of losing... he's not as great of a dunker as the media makes him out to be. he's more of an in-game dunker.

vCash
    He looks like an idiot.. Showing off dunks with his teammates.. 11 straight years he says no.. Even MJ did it., bum!
    We got this!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    Fear of failure is silly. We are talking about a multi-time MVP & champion. Lebron actually had a lot to gain if he entered the contest in his younger years.

I think he recognizes who he is. Lebron is an amazing in-game dunker, but he lacks the creativity to thrive in a dunk contest. Anybody who watched him in the McDonald's All-American dunk contest realizes this. The guy can jump as high as anyone and slam it as hard as anyone, but he lacks the creativity. The slams he does in the game that makes you jump out your seat, would be just regular dunks in a dunk contest..
    I wouldn't say that.

Do you ever battle a fear of failure?

That's one of my biggest obstacles. I'm afraid of failure. I want to succeed so bad that I become afraid of failing.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...aid-of-failure

vCash
    Fear of failure and embarrassment.
    Just thought I'd add a bit.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast