Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Think About This...

It was well documented that Chauncey, Ben and Sheed were running the Pistons Championship run. Is it possible that the Pistons could be successful with Loyer calling the plays and Chauncey/Sheed running the locker room? They need to sober Ben up and get him in the mix. Have Sheed mentor Dre and Ben mentor Moose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummond#1 View Post
    It was well documented that Chauncey, Ben and Sheed were running the Pistons Championship run. Is it possible that the Pistons could be successful with Loyer calling the plays and Chauncey/Sheed running the locker room? They need to sober Ben up and get him in the mix. Have Sheed mentor Dre and Ben mentor Moose.

No.

Larry Brown ran the locker room.

If they did "run" the locker room, then they went 0-for from 2005-08 getting to the chip finals.

You can have guys lead by example - ala Parker/Ginobli/Duncan - but unquestionably it Pop who runs the show. I think that Loyer will be given every chance to succeed. I do like the way - even though we were up by 12-15 - that he was still on the sidelines barking plays and instructions.

I think the main difference is Cheeks thought his job was to "guide" the pistons and Loyer thinks his job is to "coach" the pistons. There is a big difference.
    Last edited by markbutter; 02-11-2014 at 08:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummond#1 View Post
    As said above, Brown ran the team. Billups/BB were part of it, so was Hamilton. Sheed came on a trade mid season, which I think put us over the top. Prince also was coming into his own at that point. We also had L Hunter, M Okur, C Williamson coming off the bench, they were a good bunch, playing good ball. It wasn't just who you listed. Might as well keep Dumars, and bring in I Thomas as head coach, they won 2 titles! Just giving you some crap.

Also, I would rather have Sheed teaching Moose, and Wallace teaching Dre. Sheed will never teach Dre to shoot outside of 13ft. Wallace will never teach Moose to be mean. It should be swapped. It's all good man, nice try.

vCash
    It was reported that during the finals in 04, the players went against Brown's orders and did their own thing. Not sure if that was what he was referring to.