Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kings want a "true point guard"

The Sacramento Kings love Isaiah Thomas, but that doesn’t mean they’re not in the market for a more traditional point guard – that’s the word from Yahoo Sports’ Marc J. Spears.

The NBA insider made the brief mention in his most recent power rankings.

The Kings still like Isaiah Thomas, but they are also interested in acquiring a true point guard as the trade deadline approaches, a source said.

Spears is plugged in to both the Warriors and Kings given his Northern California ties and is no slouch when it comes to accuracy.

An addition of a more traditional point guard isn’t exactly ‘new’ news considering the Kings have reportedly been in the market to acquire ousted Denver Nuggets point Andre Miller for some time, but it could be a sign they’ve expanded their potential possibilities..

Sacramento could also be looking long term in regards to adding a point guard considering Isaiah Thomas will be a restricted free agent at season end.

While it’s unlikely Sacramento would let him go, you can’t go into free agency under the assumption no team will make him a significant offer.
    http://aroyalpain.com/2014/02/10/nba...e-point-guard/
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash

Kings want a &quot;true point guard&quot;

Greivis Vasquez says hi

vCash
    Mike Bibby says hi

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Jimmer Fredette says hi

oh wait, I thought it said shooting guard

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpiccard661 View Post
    Greivis Vasquez says hi
    1st name that popped into my mind as well. Unfortunately Kings have been plagued by SF hole since Artest left so they had to pounce on the Gay trade. Easier to get a 'true' point guard than a high-end SF.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    at 17-34 why aren't the Kings giving Ray Mac some run and see if he has it in him?

I am not against a vet or a trade depending on what needs to be moved but have they given anyone else some time to try and prove they can be that guy going forward?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    at 17-34 why aren't the Kings giving Ray Mac some run and see if he has it in him?

I am not against a vet or a trade depending on what needs to be moved but have they given anyone else some time to try and prove they can be that guy going forward?
    I don't know if you watched any of the games during that time but about 2-3 weeks ago the Kings did put Ray in the rotation for about 3 games, he was playing about 8-10 minutes a game most of it in the first half of each game, he looked very over matched in that stint and Jimmer has reclaimed those minutes since then.

vCash
    I'd be okay with that as long as we don't give up to much

vCash
    Greivis Vasquez didn't fully recover from injury. He lost a lot of lateral quickness, even though he was never "Rondo-like"... but last year he was moving pretty well. I think that played a major role in his departure, also IT playing well.

I don't know where the Kings are going to find a "true" PG, without getting rid of Isaiah or taking on an unnecessary contract.

Just go get Kyrie Irving and call it a day...

vCash
    Ricky Rubio?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    Ricky Rubio?
    I feel like he's the type of player that can't be paired with Isaiah. I know they have different skill sets, but it comes down to minutes and being productive. One of the two (if not both) won't get consistent minutes and it will effect their production. Rubio isn't necessarily having his best year, but you have to give him minutes because of his skill-set. Plus, he wouldn't be much of a spark off the bench.

vCash
    So the Pizza Guy is a false pointguard?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    The phrase "true" is linked to characteristics of a particular style of play. Isaiah doesn't fit that mold. He's more of a scoring PG, as you already know. Also, when I think of a "true" PG I think of somewhat of a complete player. Its a big difference having a PG who is looking to score, rather than get those involved... with that said, IT has improved in that aspect since last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    No. Jimmer and McCallum are.

<3

vCash
    Dude has gotten his scoring up and his passing. What else does he have to earn some damn respect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast