Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What does Dumars have planned?

If Gores fired Cheeks, and spared Dumars in his final year of his contract...IMO that tells me that Gores told Dumars something along the lines of "You better do something if you want to keep your job..."

IDK, I think something is brewing(or should be) if Dumars is still around, Gores could have easily gave Dumars an early vacation just like Cheeks and send one of his billionaire goons to run the team for the rest of the year. But he didn't, Why?

I think Dumars has another "get rich" trade in the shadows IMO. What do you guys think is going with FO in Auburn Hills?

vCash
    I honestly believe Dumars won't be making any decisions from here on out, think he just goes through the motions and his contract will drain itself out.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    Very Possible...just let Dumars ride off to the sunset at the end of the season. But IDK, I remember reading an article way back when Mrs. Davidson first sold the team. I'm sure I am paraphrasing or maybe just viewed it the wrong way but I remember Joe say something like it was hard for him to sit back and basically be handcuffed due to the impending sale of the team too the point of almost walking away from the GM job.

I mean if Gores took power away from Dumars then I don't see this current situation that much different from the Mrs. D situation. IDK, I just don't see Dumars as the type of guy to just twiddle his thumbs until its time for him to punch out(unless he might get a different job within the franchise once his contract is up)

vCash
    The only thing that could happen is them trading Greg Monroe. If that doesn't happen, I don't see anything happening.

vCash
    I'm not sure Dumars ever has a plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    If Gores fired Cheeks, and spared Dumars in his final year of his contract...IMO that tells me that Gores told Dumars something along the lines of "You better do something if you want to keep your job..."

IDK, I think something is brewing(or should be) if Dumars is still around, Gores could have easily gave Dumars an early vacation just like Cheeks and send one of his billionaire goons to run the team for the rest of the year. But he didn't, Why?

I think Dumars has another "get rich" trade in the shadows IMO. What do you guys think is going with FO in Auburn Hills?

I think this came from Gores - as Mo was his hire and he didn't see anything improving.

As for cutting Joe D loose, he might after the trade deadline. At worst, you might as well have Dumars there to answer the phone in case someone calls to make a trade.

Or, perhaps they ran a trade by Mo and he wasn't on board so they jettisoned him. Or maybe it was a player from his prior coaching that didn't work out.

Is there really any descernible difference in our play from game 1?

vCash
    I honestly have no clue.
    what a mess we are in.

I feel like we will make a run at Rondo.

Idk. Feel like we wont we do ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    I honestly have no clue.
    what a mess we are in.

I feel like we will make a run at Rondo.

Idk. Feel like we wont we do ****

Agreed.

But I think the Bynum thing and 2 DNPCD, Dre being yanked 11 seconds into the second half a couple of weeks ago and I believe a few games ago New Orleans - Eric Gordon I think - hit a shot with a few seconds left to go up by two and we had a timeout and instead we hooisted a 3/4 court shot. Either the coaching staff didn't tell the players about the time out or they ignored Cheeks.

And the Singler - Pope switch was change for the sake of change.

vCash
    We need to land Carmelo

vCash
    Carmelo is overrated

vCash
    GuiseSir is overrated.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    GuyFactor for cash considerations. The money converts to Gram and he's reinstated.

vCash
    He puts his house on the market, packs his bags for Cleveland. Oh wait...I read he already lives next to the owner of the Cavs.

vCash
    I think Dumars is not going to be re-upped as GM when his contract runs out. I also feel his current move-making ability is limited. I think that if the mindset from the owner is to bring in a new GM, it doesn't make much sense to hire a head-coach now. The future GM is going to want to bring in "his guy". I think there won't be a coaching hire and there won't be any traders unless we're shedding a contract or acquiring picks. I can't foresee a situation where we take on any salary commitments. So a trade of Monroe or Smith would likely only come in my opinion if we acquired future assets and didn't take on any meaningful salary. I think that's why we won't pursue a backup big man either or any wing players. It's hard to make a deal that wouldn't hamstring the future GM.

Regarding a possible coaching hire -- I'm strongly against the idea of hiring a retread head coach. Statistically they don't bring success. I'm not saying Karl or Hollins are bad coaches, but, as we saw with Frank and Cheeks... You know what you're going to get with these guys, .500 - .600 ball and another new identity. Or in the worst case below .500 ball i.e. Frank, Cheeks, etc. When these guys have spent so much time on the bench in their careers, there is little variance/upside to them. There is enough evidence to know exactly what they're capable of doing with teams. I think it would be a mistake to hire another veteran head coach. I'd much rather us take a risk on a "risky" head-coach or top assistant than hiring another returning head coach. Hopefully, our future GM has a similar mindset. Let's pluck a rising star assistant or film nerd ex-player and give them the keys for a few years. We need stability and we can't have a quick leash.

Regarding the future GM, I hope we look for an advanced stats/metrics minded GM who will bring in a staff of similar minded people. The future of the NBA isn't in "eye test" or "want it more" analysis and GM's who subscribe that type of thinking are disappearing quickly from the league. Over time they're being exposed as not being great evaluators of talent of understanding of how to assemble teams. We need a "new school" style of front office who places emphasis on data driven analysis not using a "gut check" whenever they make a decision.

I hope Gores has a plan for this team and becomes a more hands on owner especially during what may be an upcoming period of transition once again. I also would like to see the Pistons install SportVU and some of the other cutting edge technologies to improve our ability to scout and analyze talent. Gores needs to sink non-cosmetic upgrades into this team. Spend on the front office and give them the tools they need to succeed. Stop wasting money on Fat Joe at halftime and other nonsense. There also needs to be better promotions while we're in no-mans-land, it's outrageous the lack of crowds at our games. Take a loss on tickets and get people in the seats, jeez.

Hiring another veteran coach, giving Joe D another year or letting him make "big moves" at the deadline - is going to set this franchise back another five years.
    Last edited by BlahaTRUTH; 02-14-2014 at 07:53 PM.

vCash
    I'd kill to have a .600 guy

I pretty much agree with your entire novel though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast