Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Anyone know why?

Why haven't Holmes and sanchez been cut yet? Is there a possibility that they may want to keep sanchez but resign him to a new contract, maybe even the same with Holmes a cut then resign to a one year no guarantee prove it contract ?

vCash
    Be patient young grasshopper

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Even in a situation where it is highly unlikely that anyone will trade for a player, it does not cost a team anything to hang on to them in hopes that someone will trade a piece for a player rather than outright releasing them. That's my guess

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    ^^^

Yep. I think the jets wan to hold sanchez till draft time. Someone may throw us a 5th, I would love to say a 4th but I don't know if anyone is that desperate.

I also wonder if there are financials involved regarding the time frames.

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    ^^^

Yep. I think the jets wan to hold sanchez till draft time. Someone may throw us a 5th, I would love to say a 4th but I don't know if anyone is that desperate.

I also wonder if there are financials involved regarding the time frames.
    There are. I don't remember the specifics but I think they each are owed a bonus on a specific date. Different dates for each. They will both be cut before their dates most likely.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSSBOSS View Post
    Why haven't Holmes and sanchez been cut yet? Is there a possibility that they may want to keep sanchez but resign him to a new contract, maybe even the same with Holmes a cut then resign to a one year no guarantee prove it contract ?
    Not until the beginning of March, both Mark and Santonio have rosters bonuses. They will be released before that or restructured.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Since Holme's is technically still an employee of the NY Jets the team has decided to get some use out of him and made him clean the toilets in the marketing department. He'll be released before roster bonuses are activated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSSBOSS View Post
    Do you have OCD?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Do you have OCD?
    I will answer in song

You down with OCD?
    yeah, you know me
    yeah, you know me
    yeah, you know me

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."