Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

Bulls Talking Carmelo Anthony Trade with Knicks!?!?

http://******************/nba-rumors...-trade-knicks/

NBA Rumors: Bulls Talking Carmelo Anthony Trade with Knicks

By Evan Massey | Published February 10, 2014

According to sources inside the Chicago Bulls organization, the team has been in discussions with the New York Knicks over the last couple of weeks regarding a trade for Carmelo Anthony. The two sides have been rumored to have interest, but according to this report the talks have already been going on for the past couple of weeks. It will be very interesting to see if the Bulls are able to work out a trade with the Knicks before the trade deadline passes.

The report states that the Bulls would be giving up Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler, and likely a first round pick as well. In return, Chicago would receive Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert.

Obviously this is a huge trade that would change the future of both teams dramatically. Chicago is still able to compete with some of the good teams in the NBA despite missing Derrick Rose, and adding Carmelo Anthony might very well be the move that keeps their season alive.

New York would be receiving a good package in return for Melo with this trade. Jimmy Butler has shown flashes of becoming a special player, and rookie Tony Snell has also proven to be a very solid wing player. Hinrich would be a solid veteran piece to add to the roster, and Boozer would be a large expiring contract next offseason. The Knicks would be getting a very similar type of package to the deal that they gave up in the first place to Denver in the original Carmelo Anthony trade.

Once again, the two sides are discussing a deal that they are hoping that they can figure out before the trade deadline. There are many complications that the two sides are trying to work through, including what the Knicks want exactly in return. In addition to the players involved, the two sides will have to agree on the picks that will be involved as well.

Overall, this trade is something that is being discussed, but has not become imminent as of yet. These talks do have traction according to the source, and the two sides are in daily conversations about the deal. Expect more information to come out over the next few weeks, but this is certainly something to keep an eye on.
    Evan Massey is the Lead Editor for ******************. Follow Evan on Twitter at @Massey_Evan.

https://twitter.com/massey_evan
    Last edited by 6deep; 02-10-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash

I'd do it.

You can cover a turd in sugar but in the end you'll still have a turd... Or you'll have a typical Marc Trestman press conference describing his pathetic team.

vCash
    One article has Melo leaving, while this one has the Knicks trading Chandler, Shump, and Felton to the Suns for Bledsoe, Morris, Okafor, and one of the Suns first rounders in an attempt for get Melo to believe in the organization.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/53793...m#.Uvj-CzWYa1t

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    One article has Melo leaving, while this one has the Knicks trading Chandler, Shump, and Felton to the Suns for Bledsoe, Morris, Okafor, and one of the Suns first rounders in an attempt for get Melo to believe in the organization.

No way does PHO include Bledsoe, but this is the deal I suggested minus Bledsoe. I would still do it, get a young big like Morris and a 1st rounder and clear $8.4m in cap for 2015.

The Bulls trade, I don't know... Butler isn't good enough to be the centerpiece of a Melo trade, especially if we're giving them Shump who is a lesser version of Butler. It's like trading Melo just for a Shump upgrade and Snell and a late 1st? We need more than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post

I'm not sure how reliable this guy Evan Massey is, but he runs a site for foxsports. I checked on him.... and he sites sources within the Bulls organization.

International Business Times is fake and those trades are 'suggested' with no sources. This is not a fake trade thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No way does PHO include Bledsoe, but this is the deal I suggested minus Bledsoe. I would still do it, get a young big like Morris and a 1st rounder and clear $8.4m in cap for 2015.

The Bulls trade, I don't know... Butler isn't good enough to be the centerpiece of a Melo trade, especially if we're giving them Shump who is a lesser version of Butler. It's like trading Melo just for a Shump upgrade and Snell and a late 1st? We need more than that.
    It would be at least 2 picks. Knicks would want to recover the picks lost to Denver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash

Wow. I'm not sure it'll go through though.

vCash
    WOW!

If worked out correctly, this could be good for both teams. For the Bulls in the present, for the Knicks potentially the present, but definitely in the future. The Bulls have a couple of good draft picks in the next couple of years.

That proposed deal is a good one. Any scoring and rebounding we lose with Melo is covered by Boozer and MWP. Plus we become a better defensive team.

Wow!

This would be a tough decision to have to make. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the strength of this draft and our cap space in 2015.

vCash

Well the Bulls could have high picks

You can cover a turd in sugar but in the end you'll still have a turd... Or you'll have a typical Marc Trestman press conference describing his pathetic team.

vCash
    We make that trade and who do we build around?...lol. Butler? THJR? Those are role players not guys you build around. No high picks either, and what major FA is going to come here in 2015 alone?

Guys like Love, Rondo...LMA... those guys want to win...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    It would be at least 2 picks. Knicks would want to recover the picks lost to Denver.
    If they gave us Morris, that's like a 1st rounder right there, and if they give us one of their lower picks, then I'd do it for 1 pick.

Chandler doesn't look like he'll be here past next season. Felton will make almost $5m in 2015... and while I would like to keep Shump, he's also going to make around $4m in 2015 and THJR looks like a better, cheaper option.

vCash
    If they gave us Morris, that's like a 1st rounder right there, and if they give us one of their lower picks, then I'd do it for 1 pick.

Chandler doesn't look like he'll be here past next season. Felton will make almost $5m in 2015... and while I would like to keep Shump, he's also going to make around $4m in 2015 and THJR looks like a better, cheaper option.
    You are in the wrong thread bro. This is about the bulls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    We make that trade and who do we build around?...lol. Butler? THJR? Those are role players not guys you build around. No high picks either, and what major FA is going to come here in 2015 alone?

Guys like Love, Rondo...LMA... those guys want to win...
    You're kidding right?

In 2015 we would have JR Smith(player option)/THjr/Butler/Snell/Tyler/Draft pick from the trade/our own 2015 draft pick and $40 million in cap space. Who wouldn't want to join that group?

vCash
    You don't want one Morris twin without the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    if they are high picks, do it, but don't put Shump in this deal.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast