Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

vCash

Michael Sam

Would you want Michael Sam, who has admitted to being gay, to be drafted by the Eagles?
    They ARE the team that took a chance on Vick when no one else wanted him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Would you want Michael Sam, who has admitted to being gay, to be drafted by the Eagles?
    They ARE the team that took a chance on Vick when no one else wanted him.
    This is dumb. Vick was convicted of murdering animals, Sam is guilty of what, being human?

Sam is a beast, love watching him play. I'd take him in a heartbeat.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    I'm embarrassed that people are responding to this by talking about his draft stock. Did we ask every player on our roster if they're gay before we signed them? If any of them are, would they magically be better if they weren't? No. That's stupid. What do his stats say? That determines if I want him or not.

We as a culture forgive so many people for their acts of cruelty, yet can come down so hard on others for their acts of love. Gross.

vCash
    Who cares, the guy can like w/e this is football not the gay bachelor. Shouldnt even hit news unless his skills were brought up

vCash
    Apparently, since he came out, his draft stock has fallen.
    Apparently, NFL owners CARE.

vCash
    NFL Owners care about money. Capitalism has no morality, and so I don't fault them for making business decisions. So no, about his sexuality in and of itself you don't know if they care or not.

I do, on the other hand, blame scouts and executives who drop him down their board simply because of their preconceived notions of what a "man" is. As if he'll be too busy sucking a **** on third down that he won't be able to make a tackle.

vCash
    I think that the whole "media attention" angle for his draft stock falling is completely overblown. It would be a topic for what, a month? It reminds me of the Riley Cooper situation, it was all over the media for a few weeks and it is rarely spoken of now, it would be very similiar. FYI, i'm not comparing a racial slur to coming out, just the attention it would bring on (one being good and one obviously being bad). Remember Manti Te'o's situation, his situation has died down as well.

As for the players, they would welcome him if he is a productive player. There are different personalities, beliefs, ways of living in the locker room already that I'm sure some players don't agree with but they are still able to work together.

vCash
    What does he play?

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    I think that the whole "media attention" angle for his draft stock falling is completely overblown. It would be a topic for what, a month? It reminds me of the Riley Cooper situation, it was all over the media for a few weeks and it is rarely spoken of now, it would be very similiar. FYI, i'm not comparing a racial slur to coming out, just the attention it would bring on (one being good and one obviously being bad). Remember Manti Te'o's situation, his situation has died down as well.

As for the players, they would welcome him if he is a productive player. There are different personalities, beliefs, ways of living in the locker room already that I'm sure some players don't agree with but they are still able to work together.
    Unless you're a punter, I guess.

He's a DE/OLB, E4L. Was ranked top 10-15 for DEs prior to all this.

vCash
    I don't think he fits our scheme but if he did I wouldn't be against taking him. He is a good prospect.

vCash
    I'd have no issue with it. Kudos to that kid for having the courage that other players (there have likely been other gay players). Shows moral fortitude. Why wouldn't you want to draft someone like that in rounds 4 through 7?
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    i dont understand why he would do this before the draft. there was only way this announcement was gonna go and it might jeapordize his career before it ever starts. I heard he was a 3-4th round pick and i think now he is 6-undrafted. I imagine the list of teams willing to deal with the media circus thats waiting is pretty short.

vCash
    He has three months until the draft. This was the only time to do this. It would've been worse if it had been brought up by someone else, and even worse if it had happened after the combine.

Now people know who he is, and they can judge him off his performance leading up to the draft. It's up to the media to not make a sideshow out of him.

vCash
    He's a 6'2 250 super athletic DE with good cover skills. Eagles are in this draft with the most "best player available" mentality we've seen in recent years. This teams pass rush limped into the playoffs last year. It's as much of a need then anywhere else on this team. Rounds 3-5 wouldn't be a reach at all for the SEC defensive POY. Kid can play. Give him a look.

vCash
    Lurie was brave enough to sign Vick when no one else wanted to. I wonder if he would be brave enough to draft Sam.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast