Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2014 Kobe a SF????

Watching the Phoenix Sun have really intrigued me. Their 2 PG lineup is extrmely effective and I believe we actually could benefit from the same idea.

This is my plan

1) Draft
    PG/SG- Dante Exum with either the #4 or #5 pick

2) I would throw MAX MONEY at Eric Bledsoe YES I said it. This guy is all around player a bulldog with no fear and highly effective.

I could even see a scenario where we bring Pau Back at around 10-11 mil.

A lineup of
    PG) Exum
    SG) Bledsoe probably cost 14-15mil
    SF) Kobe
    PF) Ideally an athletic big that REBS and shoots 3's
    C) Pau

with the increased speed and athleticism our perimeter D would drastically improve we would score easier buckets due to penetration and transition and with Kobe and Pau we would still be effectice in a half court set.

Thoughts??

vCash
    Giving Bledsoe max money would be just about the dumbest thing ever.

vCash
    Bledsoe is not a 14-15 mil player.

vCash
    I couldnt really analyze this well because all I saw was Bledsoe - 15mil...

vCash
    Bledsoe - OK, how many injured guards do you want on this squad and you might include Kobe in that as well

At some point, the realization that YOUTH and not name recognition and reputation will be key to building a franchise. Kobe is no where close to healthy and even further to what he was. Bledsoe is the best back up PG option in the league for a reason.

If you want what Phoenix has, get the coach, youth and athleticism ... don't pretend the players (even Kobe) are in the same category. This is not a one player fix and Kobe isn't going to shine the rings and players fear him, if anything if your a player now and Kobe is what he is - I wouldn't be surprised if players go after him more as a target because it's a advantage since Kobe can't guard him but imagine the reputation on "dunk on the mamba" on a poster - if Kobe decides if he can play defense or if not ever

vCash
    I would love to have Bledsoe, he might just be the best perimeter defender in the league, however, we will never be able to get him at good value because PHX will match anything we offer and I am positive that LA is not the only team interested.

It's absolutely hilarious that there are people on PSD thinking we can just go out at sign him, Monroe, Stephenson and Hayward for like 8m a year each.

vCash
    We need an extra established vet along with Kobe and possibly Gasol in order to compete for the next two years. Then Kobe's and Gasol's contracts expire. Then we can go for Love and another free agent. Lowry could be the point guard to bring next season in case we draft a bigger player or Deng at a decent level market value. We have a bunch of cheap decent players to help them. The coach has to go!

vCash
    Lol give max money to Bledsoe and then "get" a big man that is athletic, rebounds, and shoots the 3. I can't think of a single player that fits in that category, unless you think Josh Smith chucking 3s counts as being able to "hit the 3."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House:27952096
    We need an extra established vet along with Kobe and possibly Gasol in order to compete for the next two years. Then Kobe's and Gasol's contracts expire. Then we can go for Love and another free agent. Lowry could be the point guard to bring next season in case we draft a bigger player or Deng at a decent level market value. We have a bunch of cheap decent players to help them. The coach has to go!
    The problem is finding the right new coach.

vCash
    Ummm Eric bledsoe has played 24 games of borderline all star level basketball... Why give that kinda guy a max contract??? Plus the dudes coming off a big injury, hard to say he'd get a max unless a team is desperate(hope that teams not Lakers).. I'd like him in LA but if he price is right, if he's asking for max, then I say adios amigos.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    I can see it now:

2014 Kobe: Small Forward

2015 Kobe: Power Forward

2016 Kobe: Center

Then retire with broken knees, ankle, and hip into oblivion.

Thank you Mike D'Antoni and Jim Buss.

vCash
    we need to trade Gasol while he has value still. and Bledsoe for 15million......Ill pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Lol give max money to Bledsoe and then "get" a big man that is athletic, rebounds, and shoots the 3. I can't think of a single player that fits in that category, unless you think Josh Smith chucking 3s counts as being able to "hit the 3."
    That was my thinking.
    I would prefer Stephenson over Bledsoe but I dont think any of them are worth Max.
    Would pick them both for 20 mil. Then I could be happy and Kobe could play SF (not the best idea as would could pick one of the two plus Deng for 20 mil and I would be more happy)

Athletic PF who can shoot 3 ball and rebound?

Can W. Johnson rebound well enough and can he really play the PF ?

vCash
    Not sure why you would start the 6'6 Exum at PG and the 6'1 Bledsoe at SG... That being said, I don't really agree with your lineup.

If the Lakers go after Bledsoe, then we shouldn't draft Exum...unless you plan to make him a ball dominant SG, like Kobe, but I dont think he is a pure scorer. I have no problem with going after Bledsoe...what does everyone think about the Morey contracts for restricted FA? Give Bledsoe 3yr/25 mill, with the split 5m/5m/15M...the poison pill deal? Worked to get Lin and Asik to Houston.

Kobe at SF? Sure it can work, but not ideal. The most athletic person on every team is usually the SF. Therefore it will benefit the Lakers to have a super athletic person to guard the opposing teams SF. Wes Johnson or Ariza (FA next year) need to be the starting SF. I like Wes better, but Ariza shoots a better 3 ball. Kobe is best at the SG, mostly because other teams don't have crazy athletic SG that he will need to guard.

As for your PF description, Love will fit perfectly. I think the Lakers will trade Pau for a mid first rounder, and then trade that pick + a 2016 1st rounder for Love in the offseason.

SG - Kobe
    SF - Wes Johnson
    PF - K-Love

From there, we need to find a combination of players to fill PG & Center as well as 6th/7th man. We will have a top 10 draft pick, a $8-10M player, and a $3-5M player.

This is who I would send to the NBA Lottery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    Not sure why you would start the 6'6 Exum at PG and the 6'1 Bledsoe at SG... That being said, I don't really agree with your lineup.

If the Lakers go after Bledsoe, then we shouldn't draft Exum...unless you plan to make him a ball dominant SG, like Kobe, but I dont think he is a pure scorer. I have no problem with going after Bledsoe...what does everyone think about the Morey contracts for restricted FA? Give Bledsoe 3yr/25 mill, with the split 5m/5m/15M...the poison pill deal? Worked to get Lin and Asik to Houston.

Kobe at SF? Sure it can work, but not ideal. The most athletic person on every team is usually the SF. Therefore it will benefit the Lakers to have a super athletic person to guard the opposing teams SF. Wes Johnson or Ariza (FA next year) need to be the starting SF. I like Wes better, but Ariza shoots a better 3 ball. Kobe is best at the SG, mostly because other teams don't have crazy athletic SG that he will need to guard.

As for your PF description, Love will fit perfectly. I think the Lakers will trade Pau for a mid first rounder, and then trade that pick + a 2016 1st rounder for Love in the offseason.

SG - Kobe
    SF - Wes Johnson
    PF - K-Love

From there, we need to find a combination of players to fill PG & Center as well as 6th/7th man. We will have a top 10 draft pick, a $8-10M player, and a $3-5M player.
    We can't give Bledsoe the Lin/Asik contract. He isn't a 2nd round pick. Any offer we make to Bledsoe, the Suns can match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast