Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs down What's With The Warriors Offense?

I was shocked to see the Dubs with the 16th ranked offense. I predicted 1st-3rd before the season started. Please no trolling of the Warriors, I just want sincere answers, especially from Warriors fans. I haven't gotten to watch the team much this year. On a positive note they have the 4th ranked D which is great.

vCash
    The bench was(is?) awful. Barnes has been terrible up until very recently. And I mean (Chuck voice) TURRIBLE!

Ball movement seems to stall when Curry isn't in the game, although Crawford has done a decent job recently, I think that will work out a good trade.

Dre, Klay, Barnes and more recently Green, have settled for spot up 3s or fade aways. Dre hasn't attacked the basket with the same aggression since returning from that thigh injury earlier in the season. Up until VERY recently Barnes seemed to have lost all confidence and hasn't been attacking the rim at all. Klay tries to shoot his way out of slumps instead of putting the ball on the floor and beating his man for an easy lay up, which he is more than capable of doing. Green just seems to be finding his feet offensively, he's improved from last season on that side anyway.

It's almost like playing with Curry is contagious, you see him make 3s so you get excited and try to do it yourself, I don't know, it's strange.

The bench in particular has settled for iso plays a lot, they don't even seem to put the effort in on that side.

Having no inside scoring other than Lee doesn't help either, I really miss Landry (still don't miss Jack though before people hop on that, we're better without him).

Funnily enough, the best game we've played this season was against your Clippers. 60 something points in the paint, we need more of that.

As for the stats, we're 4th in 3PT% and top 10 for eFG% so it's not all doom and gloom

Now, I open the floor to the idiots who think it's all because Jack left, you know, the guys who watch our highlights and maybe one or two games during the regular season and think they know the team...
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Yea of course you bastards were extra motivated to kick our ***** haha. Goose that all makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the answer bro.

vCash
    Yea to many threes it would help alot to get Bougut involved inside out.
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    Bougut imo needs more touches he's more than capable of bei g our inside threat him and lee could be deadly...
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    The bench was(is?) awful. Barnes has been terrible up until very recently. And I mean (Chuck voice) TURRIBLE!

Ball movement seems to stall when Curry isn't in the game, although Crawford has done a decent job recently, I think that will work out a good trade.

Dre, Klay, Barnes and more recently Green, have settled for spot up 3s or fade aways. Dre hasn't attacked the basket with the same aggression since returning from that thigh injury earlier in the season. Up until VERY recently Barnes seemed to have lost all confidence and hasn't been attacking the rim at all. Klay tries to shoot his way out of slumps instead of putting the ball on the floor and beating his man for an easy lay up, which he is more than capable of doing. Green just seems to be finding his feet offensively, he's improved from last season on that side anyway.

It's almost like playing with Curry is contagious, you see him make 3s so you get excited and try to do it yourself, I don't know, it's strange.

The bench in particular has settled for iso plays a lot, they don't even seem to put the effort in on that side.

Having no inside scoring other than Lee doesn't help either, I really miss Landry (still don't miss Jack though before people hop on that, we're better without him).

Funnily enough, the best game we've played this season was against your Clippers. 60 something points in the paint, we need more of that.

As for the stats, we're 4th in 3PT% and top 10 for eFG% so it's not all doom and gloom

Now, I open the floor to the idiots who think it's all because Jack left, you know, the guys who watch our highlights and maybe one or two games during the regular season and think they know the team...
    The first issue you listed was the lack of ball movement when the backup PG is in the game. Then in the last sentence you call people who will say the loss of last year's backup PG is the main reason idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I'm not a Warrior fan but they seem to be playing down to the competition. I think that when the play-offs start they'll be a nightmare, especially if they're like the 7th seed or something.

vCash
    They don't play good enough D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The first issue you listed was the lack of ball movement when the backup PG is in the game. Then in the last sentence you call people who will say the loss of last year's backup PG is the main reason idiots.
    Since when were ball movement and point guard synonymous?

Everyone on the Warriors roster are capable passers, even the big guys. The problem is people try to much iso stuff.

Having a good point guard helps, but if every time he passes to someone they go into "iso" mode then the point guard isn't having any effect, is he? It's a mind set. EVERYONE needs to be moving the ball around and trying to probe for an opening.

The lack of ball movement is a team thing and something the bench has been struggling with.

Crawford has helped to an extent, but like I said, it needs to be a team effort.

On top of that, Jack is one of the worst players I've seen in recent history for stalling an offense. He would literally dribble it in and out of the paint until the shot clock ran down and then either jack up a contested jumper or pass it off and hope someone makes a shot. The only real exception was when Curry called the elevator play and used Jack as the ball handler.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon Love View Post
    I'm not a Warrior fan but they seem to be playing down to the competition.
    This is also true^

There seems to be more effort against teams like Miami, OKC and the Clippers etc.
    Truth^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post

This pretty much sums up the rockets last season; jacking up threes, iso's, no ball movement, bench problems. Sounds like a lot of the problems is coach related.

vCash
    Everyone's a friggin chucker, that's the problem. Lazy offense. buncha damn chuckers
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    The problem is there freaking soft as wet kittens.

If tHe Deep ball isn't dropping they don't like going inside and don't like physical play, and the teams softness gets exposed. This is nothing new, was the same problem with the warriors last year.

And now that they lost jack, there softness just increases. Bogut adds some toughness and so does lee, but he's always injured. With them Out they the softest team in the NBA, lead by the softest player in NBA history, behind only bargnani.

Like waTching the wnba sometimes.

Sugar Ray Leonard whooping on Floyd Mayweather Sr.

vCash
    They're more mentally soft than physically soft. Bogut's playing like an all defensive player so they're not soft. But their soft mentality is the cause for their lack of instensity and focus and lesser players have capitalized.

she says go for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr View Post
    As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    The problem is there freaking soft as wet kittens.

If tHe Deep ball isn't dropping they don't like going inside and don't like physical play, and the teams softness gets exposed. This is nothing new, was the same problem with the warriors last year.

And now that they lost jack, there softness just increases. Bogut adds some toughness and so does lee, but he's always injured. With them Out they the softest team in the NBA, lead by the softest player in NBA history, behind only bargnani.

Like waTching the wnba sometimes.
    I challenge you to watch Steph Curry's games for a week straight, he's not soft. Igoudala's been playing soft since his injury and our power forward isn't very powerful. The forward position has been lacking and needs to be upgraded in both lineups.

she says go for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr View Post
    As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast