Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Suns inquire about Zach Randolph

Re@L GM ‏@re@lgm 12m
    Suns Inquired About Zach Randolph -- http://bit.ly/1ecUjC3

The Phoenix Suns have inquired about the availability of Zach Randolph in trade talks.

Randolph has an opt out clause in his contract, which he has yet to declare his plans.

The Grizzlies appear to have no plans of trading Randolph.

The Suns have had a far better than expected season and have been interested in acquiring a veteran big with Pau Gasol another target.

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

vCash
    Wouldn't Thad Young make more sense since Philly are trying to shift him anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    @DaveKingNBA: Per @usatodaynba the @Suns are interested Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph. I think the nation is reaching for salaries to match Okafor/space.

@DaveKingNBA: Suns play the 3-or-rim game at a fast pace. Randolph slow and overpaid, Gay doesn't fit scheme at all and overpaid.
    Z-Bo is too slow for our system imo. Plus Suns are trying to improve defensively, Z-Bo would just make it worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Wouldn't Thad Young make more sense since Philly are trying to shift him anyway?
    He intrigues me as well. But I think Philly would want one of our good 1st rd picks for him. Plus he's terrible defensively.

Suns have the best trade assets in the NBA so there's gonna be a lot of BS rumors surrounding PHX til the deadline. I might create a rumor about us trading for Durant just for kicks and giggles.

vCash
    Gasol, Z Bo or Boozer make sense to me. They can use a veteran guy that can score, and they can most likely get any of these 3 for pretty cheap

vCash
    dont see it happening-he doesnt really fit with the suns at all and the griz are still in the playoff hunt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    Gasol, Z Bo or Boozer make sense to me. They can use a veteran guy that can score, and they can most likely get any of these 3 for pretty cheap
    LOLS, Stop man. They ain't giving picks for him.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    He intrigues me as well. But I think Philly would want one of our good 1st rd picks for him. Plus he's terrible defensively.

Suns have the best trade assets in the NBA so there's gonna be a lot of BS rumors surrounding PHX til the deadline. I might create a rumor about us trading for Durant just for kicks and giggles.
    Gasol, Gay, or Randolph... If you had to do one deal giving up the same assets, who would Suns fans prefer?

vCash
    @CubsBullsBucs your sig tho, that is an alltime classic. Nothing more LOLS worthy than watching Beasley get the ball 27 ft. away, having Morris WIDE OPEN in the post, making hand signals and doing mississippis in the paint, then watch the PnR w/ Beasley just taking a contested shot that results in an air ball.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88:27942537
    @DaveKingNBA: Per @usatodaynba the @Suns are interested Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph. I think the nation is reaching for salaries to match Okafor/space.

@DaveKingNBA: Suns play the 3-or-rim game at a fast pace. Randolph slow and overpaid, Gay doesn't fit scheme at all and overpaid.
    Z-Bo is too slow for our system imo. Plus Suns are trying to improve defensively, Z-Bo would just make it worse.
    And Gasol wouldn't?

Lol if Gay got traded AGAIN.

vCash
    lulz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post

Defensively is he any worse than Frye? In comparison to the rumours of Gasol and Z-Bo, I think Thad would fit into the system better personally.

Suns certainly have some nice trade assets (the "best" is debatable). But the rumours aren't there for nothing, there's no smoke without fire. Trade assets aren't of any use if you're not going to make a trade.

As a Phoenix fan what are you actually looking for your team to get? I mean position wise and talent level.

Are Denver still shopping Faried?
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Gasol, Gay, or Randolph... If you had to do one deal giving up the same assets, who would Suns fans prefer?
    Wouldn't want any of them to be honest but I would take Gasol in those 3 easily.
    Defensively is he any worse than Frye? In comparison to the rumours of Gasol and Z-Bo, I think Thad would fit into the system better personally.

Suns certainly have some nice trade assets (the "best" is debatable). But the rumours aren't there for nothing, there's no smoke without fire. Trade assets aren't of any use if you're not going to make a trade.

As a Phoenix fan what are you actually looking for your team to get? I mean position wise and talent level.

I like Young and I don't know if his D is worse than Frye but you have to understand that I don't like Frye either.

As for what the Suns are trying to get, they need upgrades at both forward spots that's it. A PF that doesn't suck defensively, can rebound at about 7-8 a game at least and can hit 3s or at least long jumpers. And a SF that is very good defensively and can shoot. Rebounding also would help.

Right now if we are trading for anyone, I hope its for Gordon Hayward. He's good defensively, can shoot, can rebound and he can actually create for himself and others as well which is a bonus. He would fit our team perfectly imo. And I have no problem with shelling out $12M/yr for him cause he's pretty young too.
    Last edited by sunsfan88; 02-08-2014 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    I like Hayward, he would be a nice fit with you guys for sure.

vCash

Farid seems like a good pickup for the Suns. Maybe they could get him and Gasol considering all the assets they have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast