Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

metta open to being traded

According to the nypost

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Abandon Ship!

vCash
    I don't blame him. Woodson doesn't play him. I think the team could benefit from having Metta get some minutes. But you have to take away minutes from JR/THjr/Shump and Melo to do that.

instead of 40 minutes, play Melo 35, and take 15 minutes away from the rest to give MWP a role that varies between 15 -25 minutes per game, depending on matchups.

Woodson and the franchise have to decide who "their guys' are that are going to win and run with those guys. Hopefully that happens after the trade deadline.

vCash
    Phew! Thank goodness he is open to it. Now the team can finally respond to the patiently waiting line of suitors.

vCash
    In other news the Knicks are open to adding Lebron and Durant.

vCash
    man it sounds like Woody has lost that locker room. MWP says he doesnt even know why he's not playing? at least sit down and talk to the man, he's a respected vet!

And we could use him in hte Kmart type role. He's a 4 that can switch and still guard wings and he can hit the 3... i dont know why we're not using him more either. especially when Amare was out/

vCash
    Mike Woodsons a joke. I hope Dolan and Melo talked about getting his *** out of New York. Although I've always been a huge Melo fan and would like to see NY succeed with him its simply not going to happen. Hopefully after the Melo/ Dolan meeting Dolan go on the phone with the other 29 Gms saying " So what are you offering for Melo". Then cut that sorry *** fat piece of **** Raymond Felton, tell Stat to clean his bum *** havent washed in 15 weeks beard up, tell Shump keep acting like a ***** and youre on your way out too.

If for soime crazy reason we had a complete roster turnover and only two current knicks are on next years roster I would be extatic. Dont let a 17 point vicotry fool you, They are about to lose another 3-5 in a row.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    So has Mike Woodson lost the team yet? I'll sit here like a lame duck and wait...

vCash
    Guys, you know I'm leniant but when you make threads like this please post the article and link.

Metta World Peace is in Knicks coach Mike Woodson’s doghouse and he’s unsure why. After returning from a blood-spinning procedure on Jan. 24, World Peace has seen little time in the rotation and now is open to getting traded, according to a league source.

After spending his career wanting to be traded to the Knicks, the defensive forward, who has been in and out of the rotation since December, wouldn’t mind being traded from the Knicks.
    “He didn’t sign up for this,’’ one person close to him said.

When asked about whether he wanted to get dealt at the Feb. 20 deadline, World Peace said: “That’s up to my agent. I don’t worry about it. I’m optimistic about my future. … I’m not going to complain.’’
    Another source said the possibility exists that Woodson was unhappy with World Peace after a recent practice, in which World Peace spoke up about his playing time, making a wisecrack. World Peace is a constant clown in the locker room, but Woodson took exception.

Agent Marc Cornstein said he hasn’t gotten a firm reason why World Peace has seen limited time after the Knicks gave the rest of their mid-level exception in signing the Queenbridge product in July. He has been relegated to mostly garbage time since returning from his platelet-rich plasma procedure. World Peace played the final five minutes of garbage time in Friday night’s rout, as the Knicks fell 117-90 to the Nuggets.
    “I haven’t been given an answer,’’ Cornstein said. “Usually, I’ll get an answer, not always the one I want to hear. But I don’t have an answer for you on this.’’

World Peace’s name came up in talks with Toronto for point guard Kyle Lowry in December, but those negotiations broke down.

World Peace’s didn’t get into the game in losses against Milwaukee and Portland despite Kenyon Martin and Andrea Bargnani being lost to injury for an indefinite period. Impressive young big man Jeremy Tyler is ahead of World Peace in the rotation and so was center Cole Aldrich, briefly.

A source said World Peace lost weight during the time away for his blood injections and his knee feels much better. He paid for the procedures himself to heal his arthritic left knee that has been drained multiple times this season.

Woodson has been vague on World Peace’s role, saying recently: “I want to play nine guys. You can’t play everybody.’’
    http://nypost.com/2014/02/07/source-...ded-by-knicks/

vCash
    Woody is a fool if he can't find minutes for Metta other than garbage time. He can still defend, bring toughness, lead through this and knock down shots.

I was really looking forward to a possible. Prigs, Shump, Melo, Metta, Tyson defensive lineup.

vCash
    Look at the trade idea I made in the trade thread.

It's funny cause right now metta is a better player then iman right now and his natural position is sf

vCash
    two well respected vets, both came here and took huge paycuts, and neither of them play.

I mean Beno was solid when he played, and MWP has been too.

They've both asked for trades... that's just not a good sign and not a good message to free agents thinking about coming here.

And yes MWP has been better than Shump no doubt. Though at this point MWP is more of a PF to be fair.

vCash
    I want Metta to play but who do you realistically bench for him? He's only capable of playing the 4 at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I want Metta to play but who do you realistically bench for him? He's only capable of playing the 4 at this point.
    I think you gotta find a way to find him minutes, keep him in rhythm, especially when it looks like we might have a 1st round date with IND.

He can even play C for spurts against smaller teams... and you can get away with him and Melo at the 3/4 because they are interchangeable. So take some of Shumps minutes there.

Even Beno, I think we could really use him against IND. IND packs the paint, someone like Beno who has that great mid range shot can really help us against IND. We know Felton struggles mightily against them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I think you gotta find a way to find him minutes, keep him in rhythm, especially when it looks like we might have a 1st round date with IND.

He can even play C for spurts against smaller teams... and you can get away with him and Melo at the 3/4 because they are interchangeable. So take some of Shumps minutes there.

Even Beno, I think we could really use him against IND. IND packs the paint, someone like Beno who has that great mid range shot can really help us against IND. We know Felton struggles mightily against them.
    Its real easy to say that, but who do you bench? You have Melo, STAT, Martin, Chandler, Tyler at the 4/5. I don't want to give up Tyler's minutes to him, we need that size. Even with one of those guys out there isn't minutes for him let alone at full strength.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast