Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Calgary Flames at Philadelphia Flyers

Time: 1:00pm
    Place: Wells Fargo Center

Game Notes:

- Flames have won 6 of their last 7 games.
    - Flames have the 2nd worst ES goals for/goals against ratio in the NHL.
    - Rookie Sean Monahan leads the team in goals (16) while Jiri Hudler leads the team in points (43).
    - Flyers are coming off of a 3-1 win over the Avalanche Thursday night; it was their 4th win in their last 5 games.
    - Flyers PP is clicking at a 24.6% clip over the last 17 games; they've scored at least once on the PP in 8 straight games and 14 of their last 17 games.
    - Flyers are 4-1-0 since the Boston game and are outscoring their opponents by an 18-8 margin.
    - This will be the final meeting between the two teams; Flyers won the first meeting 4-1 on New Year's Eve.

vCash
    Break is coming at a bad time in the sense this team is really rolling right now. Win today and we're one point behind NYR for 2nd in the Metro and just THREE points from being the 3rd best team in the EAST.

That's right. We'll have 66 points and TB has 69. We're crawling back into this.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Break is coming at a bad time in the sense this team is really rolling right now. Win today and we're one point behind NYR for 2nd in the Metro and just THREE points from being the 3rd best team in the EAST.

That's right. We'll have 66 points and TB has 69. We're crawling back into this.

It's true, but at the same time, it's technically coming at a bad time for everyone. Just about everyone around us in the East is playing well, too.

It'll have the same effect on them as it does on us. Just gotta make sure we come out of the break healthy (knock on wood) and ready to play.

Gotta focus on this one first, though. Don't just throw your sticks on the ice because it's CGY. They've won 6 of 7 and beaten the Hawks and Sharks in that run. They're a bad team but they're hot and they play hard.

Flyers have to focus and take care of business this afternoon.

vCash
    Well ****. Mez in, Gus out today.

If Gus isnt hurt, this pisses me off.

Only other thing I can think of is Mez wanted to get a game in before he headed to the Olympics, but thats a giant stretch.

Ugh...

vCash
    I bet it's due to the Olympics. It's not like Gus is playing bad nor is the team. Strange to make a switch.

Either that or he's got an issue we dont know about.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 10m

Gus is healthy. Mez has played well, and Berube giving him a shot.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    Flyers beats saying its about Chiefs philosphy of keeping everyone involved.

Eh....fine. Its not going to ruin my day. But Gus needs to play more often than not, and given how well he has played, and how well the team has played with him, I wouldve liked to have seen him stay in the lineup.

vCash
    so, there's a defenseman on calgary called kris russell who's gonna be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

he's kind of an undersized puck mover, but he plays 24 minutes per game, blocks a ton of shots and puts up a good amount of points. i guess he's kind of built from the same mold as kimmo timonen, except he's 10 years younger.

i think he's a guy the flyers could really benefit from acquiring either at the deadline or in the offseason.

vCash
    raf on the 4th line is a huge mismatch for other teams ... steal for the flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    so, there's a defenseman on calgary called kris russell who's gonna be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

he's kind of an undersized puck mover, but he plays 24 minutes per game, blocks a ton of shots and puts up a good amount of points. i guess he's kind of built from the same mold as kimmo timonen, except he's 10 years younger.

i think he's a guy the flyers could really benefit from acquiring either at the deadline or in the offseason.
    First time in a while, but I agree. Brodie is my top choice but I dont see any way CGY lets him go.

Russell would be a nice player to add.

vCash
    great shift by b.schenn

vCash
    schenner has that look today

vCash
    Mighta been tipped by Vinny but Schenner havin a great game

vCash
    Flyers stopped skating after the Schenn goal.

Unacceptable. Chief is gonna rip them a new one during intermission for that nonsense.

Flyers can kick the ever-loving **** out of this team. Time to put the foot on the gas and go into the break on a high note.

vCash
    Good job. 2-0.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast