Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Just stopping by to say I was right!

Peyton Manning:

13 pro bowls, 7 all-pros, 5 MVP awards, one Super Bowl MVP award.

Russel Wilson:

2 pro bowls.

Kam Chancellor / Earl Thomas:

5 pro bowls, 4 all-pros.

Mike Adams, Duke Eat a Nacho:

0 pro bowls, 0 all-pros.

Said it way way such a long time ago, the argument got torn apart. Well I'm pretty sure that the results of this Super Bowl speaks volumes. And also, does anybody know how to find that first great big post I had discussing this issue and the correlation of safeties to Super Bowls?

vCash
    You were wrong bout teams spending on FA's and winning the SB the same year though, don't see you admitting you were wrong about that.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    You were wrong bout teams spending on FA's and winning the SB the same year though, don't see you admitting you were wrong about that.
    I have elsewhere. I haven't been here too much. Still, the Hawks are an exception to that rule. And you and I and everybody knows that the bulk of that team was built through the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    I have elsewhere. I haven't been here too much. Still, the Hawks are an exception to that rule. And you and I and everybody knows that the bulk of that team was built through the draft.
    Yeah but i don't see you coming in here and creating a thread about how you were wrong. Most teams rosters are filled with guys they drafted. You can't name me one team that is a team full of FA's. Some spend more than others but the Hawks spent in FA and won it all. Both teams in the SB spent in FA as a matter of fact.

vCash
    Lol lol cmon. You predicted sb victory for us 1000000 times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Yeah but i don't see you coming in here and creating a thread about how you were wrong. Most teams rosters are filled with guys they drafted. You can't name me one team that is a team full of FA's. Some spend more than others but the Hawks spent in FA and won it all. Both teams in the SB spent in FA as a matter of fact.
    Oh, come off it. You're going to turn this into a discussion on free agency when it's supposed to be a discussion on the importance of safeties? Do you want me to post a thread saying, "I admit it, I was wrong." With a description saying that for the first time in twenty years a team that spent big in free agency and trades won the Super Bowl?

And the fact of the matter is this: The Seahawks signed Michael Bennet and Cliff Avril BOTH for UNDER MARKET VALUE. Meaning they still had a lot to play for, a lot to prove and a new contract to play for. Their big trade addition, Percy Harvin, missed all but the final game essentially. And he was relegated to special teams duties. That was his impact. And their other BIG NAME free agent / trade acquisition, Marshawn Lynch, was over three years ago. Like I've been saying, it takes three years. Michael Bennet was signed to a one year contract. Cliff Avril signed a two year deal under market value. Both were players signed TO WIN, not FOR CONTRACTS.

And let's look at the other team. The Broncos. They signed PEYTON MANNING, SHAUN PHILLIPS, WES WELKER and probably a couple other big name free agent additions to big deals.

So let's focus on under market free agent additions and a blockbuster trade that didn't have an impact until the Super Bowl, much different from any other splashes I've referred to in the past.

Christ. I should have just PMd random people to ask for where I could find that info.

vCash
    I called Zack Greinke to the Brewers a year before it happened. Do I get a cookie, too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    I called Zack Greinke to the Brewers a year before it happened. Do I get a cookie, too?
    sounds like you definitely should. A lot of patting one's self on the back in here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Oh, come off it. You're going to turn this into a discussion on free agency when it's supposed to be a discussion on the importance of safeties? Do you want me to post a thread saying, "I admit it, I was wrong." With a description saying that for the first time in twenty years a team that spent big in free agency and trades won the Super Bowl?

And the fact of the matter is this: The Seahawks signed Michael Bennet and Cliff Avril BOTH for UNDER MARKET VALUE. Meaning they still had a lot to play for, a lot to prove and a new contract to play for. Their big trade addition, Percy Harvin, missed all but the final game essentially. And he was relegated to special teams duties. That was his impact. And their other BIG NAME free agent / trade acquisition, Marshawn Lynch, was over three years ago. Like I've been saying, it takes three years. Michael Bennet was signed to a one year contract. Cliff Avril signed a two year deal under market value. Both were players signed TO WIN, not FOR CONTRACTS.

And let's look at the other team. The Broncos. They signed PEYTON MANNING, SHAUN PHILLIPS, WES WELKER and probably a couple other big name free agent additions to big deals.

So let's focus on under market free agent additions and a blockbuster trade that didn't have an impact until the Super Bowl, much different from any other splashes I've referred to in the past.

Christ. I should have just PMd random people to ask for where I could find that info.
    This thread was for a discussion? Pretty sure it just sounded like you gloating about how you were right about something. You felt like you were right about the whole safety thing so you came in here and made a thread about how you were right but failed to make threads about how you are wrong on some things. I remember you made a list of teams that would win/get to the SB and i don't remember the Broncos or Seahawks being on it. You just came of as very More-than-most ish. Maybe everyone should just start creating threads when they were right about something.

vCash
    I predicted we would draft Randall Cobb do I get a thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSized View Post
    I predicted we would draft Randall Cobb do I get a thread?
    Sure, why not? It's the thing to do, bro.

vCash
    If you have an all world secondary you might win the sb.

He's got it figured out. Just get two top 5 safeties. It's easy. Stupid us and stupid ted.

This dudes got a complex about being right and smarter than everyone. There's nothing eye opening about this.

vCash
    It's so obnoxious anymore, it really is.