Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Luring a Superstar to the Dubs

I haven't commented or posted here in probably over a year. Took me awhile to even remember my login.

I think this idea occurred to me over a year ago that it was possible. It's all just fun speculation at this point but I expect to hear some noise about it when the season ends.

The Warriors new owners have reinvented the entire franchise and made them a desirable location for free agents, nationally recognized and made a formidable playoff team. Stephen Curry is arguably the best Dub since Chris Mullin and is a superstar in the making. They have one of the best starting fives when healthy in the ENTIRE NBA. It certainly showed in the small sample size we all saw before Iggy and Lee got injured. Btw, I don't think there's a person out there who doesn't see Iggy at 100%.

Saying all that, I see the Dubs making a move either at this trade deadline to shed Lee's contract or waiting till the off-season to do so... I think the Dubs have a shot to lure the best player in the NBA to the Bay Area: Lebron James.

It's honestly not that far fetched as some of you may think. Things in the past that prevented us from getting anyone are now history: bad ownership, temperamental players, coaches and for the most part obscene contracts. BUT they now have everything in place to show they are truly and legitimately going for a championship: hungry owners who are making their case to go for the gold, star talent across the board and a completely revamped culture.

Is there a better starting five than what the Dubs would have to offer?
    Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, James and Bogut would be the scariest and most dominant lineup in the association. Just like we got a shot with speaking to Howard last summer, I expect we shall get the same courtesy call here. Except this time we present a stronger case with a year more of experience and better overall talent (Iggy).

I think few people truly realize how real of a shot we got here. The Heat may have Pat Riley but we got Jerry West on our side. This Heat team is on their last ride. Bosh is definitely opting out and won't be taking a pay cut this time as this will be his last shot at a max contract. I see Cuban going after him hard as the Mavs will have the money to offer. Then there's Wade... Who at time is shades of the player he used to be, but for the most part is already slowing down. What's he going to do? Opt out and go for a max contract? We all know pro athletes have huge egos and considering he's rewarded the Heat with 3 championships I'm sure he'll want a pay raise. Other side is he's locked in for two more years and around 42 million. What exactly are the Heat going to do? Sign Carmelo? lol He doesn't keep the Heat championship contenders.

Point is that the Heat can't offer what the Warriors would be offering. Same goes for any team in the running for James. There used to be a case for the Lakers and Cavaliers but those have long since been put to rest. Cavaliers are one of the most poorly run organizations with little talent other than the now questionable star Irving. The Lakers made their choice and are sticking with Kobe. They've lost their appeal and won't be championship ready till the 2015 offseason when they go after Westy and Love.

I think the Warriors have the strongest case to be made here. Hell, I have a few more cards to play. Curry's good friends with James and so is Iguodala (Olympic team). The Warriors are considerably younger than the Heat. Winning is all that matters to James and with the Pacers just getting stronger and more experienced the road won't get any easier in the East as long as that team is there. I'm saying all this is possible whether or not the Heat 3-peat this year but I certainly think the Dubs have a better shot if the Pacers take down the Heat in the ECF.

Haven't mentioned the loyalty card that all Heat fans will use if you ever mention James leaving. Which I honestly don't see there being one. Just like there wasn't one for his hometown team... I went to college in Miami, which happened to be the exact summer than Lebron signed there and have seen them win for the last 3 years. I don't think it applies, Lebron will go where he has his best shot to win.

I've found countless articles on Lebron to GS but here are some of the best.

http://www.basesandbaskets.com/2013/...r-of-2014.html

http://lockerroomlivetv.com/could-le...laker-in-2014/

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...-real-big-one/

http://www.warriorsworld.net/2014/01...tate-warriors/

Yes, I know we are in midseason and we still have a long ways to go till the offseason but these threads are always the same boring threads.

What do you guys think of the possibility?

vCash
    I don't think James leaves Miami but it would be great to get him.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Are you serious? We have stars. Gtfo.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    What an in-depth well thought out response...

Thanks for playing...

And if we have as many stars as you say then why doesn't our record indicate that? Thunder are missing Westbrick and have actually climbed the standings since losing him. Heat use Wade once a week and are sitting pretty with the #2 seed. Spurs rest their stars regularly and are still #2 seed. Clippers have held their standing since Paul's injury too. So why haven't the Warriors?

And having a few stars is actually my biggest reason why I think we have a shot at James.

Again thanks for taking the time to read my entire post. GTFO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    We have guys that are stars on certain nights, there is no consistency. Curry is the only player on this team that is a star day in and day out. We definitely have guys that play their role, but we still aren't quite championship caliber with the consistency of certain players on the team.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    We have guys that are stars on certain nights, there is no consistency. Curry is the only player on this team that is a star day in and day out. We definitely have guys that play their role, but we still aren't quite championship caliber with the consistency of certain players on the team.
    Voice of reason.

vCash
    We've got Steph, who is a star. All the other guys are complimentary pieces. I was hoping Iguodala would be a star-type player here, but it hasn't happened. Adding another star player to a core of Curry-Iguodala-Thompson-Barnes-Bogut-Lee would be a great thing to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    Curry hasn't been that consistent this season, his turnovers have been awful and he's had off shooting nights, like any shooter does. He's our most talented player but he's not our most consistent. Our most consistent player in terms of production is Lee and there's no contest. Our most consistent player in terms of effort is Draymond.

And I'm sorry but this is a pipe dream, I highly doubt James leaves Miami, he might opt out, but he won't leave Miami imo. And even if he does he's likely to stay in the East, he's put down roots, his family is there and if all he cares about is winning why would he move across to a much tougher conference when he can just coast his way to the finals out East?

I would love to get him, and if he decided to opt out and decided to head out West, I think we would be in the running, I just don't think either of those things happen. And even then, surely the front runner is the Clippers? Phoenix and Dallas would both be within a shout. And you can never count out the Lakers.
    Last edited by Goose17; 02-08-2014 at 06:14 AM.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy #1 View Post
    What an in-depth well thought out response...

Thanks for playing...

And if we have as many stars as you say then why doesn't our record indicate that? Thunder are missing Westbrick and have actually climbed the standings since losing him. Heat use Wade once a week and are sitting pretty with the #2 seed. Spurs rest their stars regularly and are still #2 seed. Clippers have held their standing since Paul's injury too. So why haven't the Warriors?

The warriors losing games has absolutely nothing to do with not having stars. If the warriors had lebron james on the team and came out and gave absolutely no effort on either side of the ball- theyd struggle just as much. Over the last 2 weeks, the warriors havent even put effort into their offensive game. They basically stand around and watch one player play one on 5 and wind up taking a horrible shot. When MCG is scoring on iggy like iggy isnt even there- you have to question the defensive effort.

You can see that its all effort too because- its very clear when the team is playing with effort vs when they arent playing with effort. Against the clippers- they played with effort and they had their way. They werent settling for garbage shots- they scored 66 points in the paint. They were working as a team to get good shots. I understand that some turnovers are going to happen even if you are trying hard, and sometimes a team is going to miss shots- but when a team doesnt even look like they care about creating a decent shot- that annoys me and makes me wonder what this team wants to accomplish.

If the warriors consistantly gave a decent effort, they would likely have 9 or 10 more wins this year and nobody would be saying they need a star to win it all.

Now- despite needing games to win.... they think they are the spurs and they are resting their big players (despite having a horrible bench, and not having a great record) They say they are resting david lee so he is good to go during the playoffs when it counts- but what if they miss the playoffs.... what would they say then? Once they secure a top 4 seed- THEN YOU REST YOUR PLAYERS
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Bogut has played like an allstar lately. He will definitely make an all defensive team

she says go for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr View Post
    As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    The warriors losing games has absolutely nothing to do with not having stars. If the warriors had lebron james on the team and came out and gave absolutely no effort on either side of the ball- theyd struggle just as much. Over the last 2 weeks, the warriors havent even put effort into their offensive game. They basically stand around and watch one player play one on 5 and wind up taking a horrible shot. When MCG is scoring on iggy like iggy isnt even there- you have to question the defensive effort.

You can see that its all effort too because- its very clear when the team is playing with effort vs when they arent playing with effort. Against the clippers- they played with effort and they had their way. They werent settling for garbage shots- they scored 66 points in the paint. They were working as a team to get good shots. I understand that some turnovers are going to happen even if you are trying hard, and sometimes a team is going to miss shots- but when a team doesnt even look like they care about creating a decent shot- that annoys me and makes me wonder what this team wants to accomplish.

If the warriors consistantly gave a decent effort, they would likely have 9 or 10 more wins this year and nobody would be saying they need a star to win it all.

Now- despite needing games to win.... they think they are the spurs and they are resting their big players (despite having a horrible bench, and not having a great record) They say they are resting david lee so he is good to go during the playoffs when it counts- but what if they miss the playoffs.... what would they say then? Once they secure a top 4 seed- THEN YOU REST YOUR PLAYERS
    David Lee's hurt, not resting. Where did you get that from?

she says go for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr View Post
    As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    David Lee's hurt, not resting. Where did you get that from?
    he is hurting- but he isnt injured. as Jim barnett says, you can play when you are hurt but not when you are injured. Lee could be playing now.

Again- im ok resting him if they didnt need every single game now- or if he had an injury comparable to Kevin Ware or something. Once they lock in a top 4 seed- then you can do what the spurs do and rest guys. For instance- this game against Suns is a huge game for playoff position and the warriors currently are closer to losing a playoff spot than they are to having hom court advantage. With the talent on this roster- home court advantage should be a very real goal and it doesnt look like the team is shootin for it

vCash
    Where are you getting he's not injured from? Last I heard he injured his shoulder but was day to day.

I have no problem giving a guy a game or two off to prevent aggravating the injury and making it worse.

Better to have him rest two games and come back feeling 100% than play him, have him aggravate it and be out for the rest of the year.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Goose, are you ever going to learn?

Stylez, it's okay, Lee is a malingerer ... you are right ... always. Shhhh ... it's okay, the bad men are not coming back ... shhhhhh.

vCash
    am i the only one who isnt ok with a team with this much talent possibly missing the playoffs cuz they cant get everybody giving 100%.... I swear siome fans seem to be content being lotto teams. Id rather the warriors be a top 4 seed!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast