Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

A-rod drops BOTH Lawsuits

Jim Baumbach ‏@jimbaumbach 12m
    A-Rod also has voluntarily dismissed the 'witch hunt' lawsuit against Selig & MLB, according to that docket, as well.

Jim Baumbach ‏@jimbaumbach 13m
    Today was deadline for A-Rod's side to respond to MLB/MLBPA wanting case tossed. Instead, they've voluntarily dismissed case. Hmm.

Jim Baumbach ‏@jimbaumbach 14m
    AROD: "plaintiff(s)...give notice that the above-captioned action is voluntarily dismissed, against the defendant(s)" MLB, MLBPA, Selig

Jim Baumbach ‏@jimbaumbach 16m
    Well, this is interesting. Docket in A-Rod lawsuit against MLB/MLBPA says plaintiffs have voluntarily dismissed the case.

vCash
    Well that de-escalated quickly, lol.

vCash
    Jim Baumbach ‏@jimbaumbach 4m
    A-Rod lawyer Joe Tacopina tells @newsdaymarcus that A-Rod is in fact dropping suits and is accepting his suspension.

vCash
    i guess someone got through to him that he didnt have a leg to stand on and all he was doing was a giant waste of money

vCash
    Accept your expulsion, dude.

vCash
    I can't believe he finally acted like he had some sense.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Now the Yankees need to go to the players union and try to invoke the morals clause that is in pretty much ever professional contract and never used
    The real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me a reason to believe you are part of the 1%.

vCash
    where are all the loudmouths from the other threads the last 7 months that said aRoid had a case...

yeah... thats what i thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    where are all the loudmouths from the other threads the last 7 months that said aRoid had a case...

Against the arbitrator he did. He got screwed, he deserved 50-75 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes:27941203
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

Against the arbitrator he did. He got screwed, he deserved 50-75 games
    Nope, not even against the arbitrator.

For him to make the case that the 162 game suspension was unjust he would have had to respond in an open public court to all the evidence MLB had against him that they presented to the arbitrator before he made his ruling.

Only this time there was no running out of the court room and crying to Mike Francessa that he didnt do it.

If in fact he didnt do it he had plenty of means to prove his case.

Only fools believed he was going to pursue this.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Nope, not even against the arbitrator.

For him to make the case that the 162 game suspension was unjust he would have had to respond in an open public court to all the evidence MLB had against him that they presented to the arbitrator before he made his ruling.

Only this time there was no running out of the court room and crying to Mike Francessa that he didnt do it.

If in fact he didnt do it he had plenty of means to prove his case.

Only fools believed he was going to pursue this.
    bingo

vCash

A-rod drops BOTH Lawsuits

I still find it hilarious that the Yankees went out and spent like crazy long before the a-Rod appeal was finalized. And with him losing a year, I'm sure this doesn't tack on a year at the end of the contract, right?

MLB absolutely colluded with the Yankees in an attempt to help them get out of this contract. Can't wait for A-Rod to be back next year.

vCash
    This just in....the real reason A-Rod dropped his suit.."He needed the free time and money to search for the "real" killers in the OJ case".....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I still find it hilarious that the Yankees went out and spent like crazy long before the a-Rod appeal was finalized. And with him losing a year, I'm sure this doesn't tack on a year at the end of the contract, right?

MLB absolutely colluded with the Yankees in an attempt to help them get out of this contract. Can't wait for A-Rod to be back next year.
    I'm a Red Sox fan, and even I find your thinking to be a product of the paranoid school.

When have the Yankees needed the help of MLB to induce them to spend more money than any other team?

Last year their stated goal was to work to get under the cap/threshold and they spent more than any team in history has spent on their roster.

Also, they get salary relief for one year for A-Rod and their signings are, all of them, multi-year deals. I'm not sure how not paying A-Rod in 2014 influences what they're paying Tanaka, Ellsbury, et. al. in 2017.

Did MLB tell them not to re-sign Cano too?

To address the last bit of your post, they didn't "get out" of the contract - they're going to resume paying him in 2015 (along with Mcann, Ellsbury, Tanaka & Beltran - the guys they went 'crazy' on).

Sorry, but there's more paranoia and conspiracy thinking than sense in your statements.
    Last edited by GoldDustTwin; 02-08-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    "i responded in accordance to his idiotic jackassery sayings about me.. "

In the immortal words of Youkahhhhhh - Aug/29/2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDustTwin View Post
    I'm a Red Sox fan, and even I find your thinking to be a product of the paranoid school.

When have the Yankees needed the help of MLB to induce them to spend more money than any other team?

Last year their stated goal was to work to get under the cap/threshold and they spent more than any team in history has spent on their roster.

Also, they get salary relief for one year for A-Rod and their signings are, all of them, multi-year deals. I'm not sure how not paying A-Rod in 2014 influences what they're paying Tanaka, Ellsbury, et. al. in 2017.

Did MLB tell them not to re-sign Cano too?

To address the last bit of your post, they didn't "get out" of the contract - they're going to resume paying him in 2015 (along with Mcann, Ellsbury, Tanaka & Beltran - the guys they went 'crazy' on).

Sorry, but there's more paranoia and conspiracy thinking than sense in your statements.
    Lol facts! Good job for shutting up this hater tragedy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast