Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Vikings release Erin Henderson

@GoesslingESPN: #Vikings announce they have released Erin Henderson. Had been arrested twice for DUI since November.

Erin Henderson - LB - Free Agent

Vikings released LB Erin Henderson.
    Henderson didn't have a bad 2013 season on the field, seeing action at both middle and strong-side linebacker, but has been arrested for DUI twice since November, and cutting him saves Minnesota $2.1 million in salary cap space. Look for Henderson to draw interest in free agency, perhaps from Tampa Bay. He's a scheme fit for Lovie Smith's defense and has lots of history with new Bucs defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. Henderson turns 28 in July.
    rotoworld

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    The cleaning house has begun

vCash
    After his last DUI it was only a matter of time before he was released.

vCash
    Thank god. I'm glad he is gone.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    One if those guys who had a knack of sticking around longer then he should have. Oh well good riddance

vCash

No surprise

I meese you Señor Rodriguez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    One if those guys who had a knack of sticking around longer then he should have. Oh well good riddance
    Not hard to stick around when the team drafts LB's as badly as this team has in recent history…

Ross Homan, Nathan Triplett, Jasper Brinkley, Rufus Alexander, Rod Davis, Donatarrius Thomas, Michael Nattiel, Roanall Smith, Nick Rogers etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    Not hard to stick around when the team drafts LB's as badly as this team has in recent history…

Ross Homan, Nathan Triplett, Jasper Brinkley, Rufus Alexander, Rod Davis, Donatarrius Thomas, Michael Nattiel, Roanall Smith, Nick Rogers etc.
    Some of those guys you mentioned wouldn't be in the league anyway even if they were effective. That's going a ways back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Some of those guys you mentioned wouldn't be in the league anyway even if they were effective. That's going a ways back.
    That's how bad the Vikes have been at drafting LB's - with the exception of Chad Greenway. I also didn't include Mike Mauti and Gerald Hodges cause the book is still out on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    That's how bad the Vikes have been at drafting LB's - with the exception of Chad Greenway. I also didn't include Mike Mauti and Gerald Hodges cause the book is still out on them.
    I think more than anything, we haven't made it a priority. Other than Dontarrious Thomas (2nd), I believe Greenway is the only LB we've drafted in the first 4 rounds in the last 10 years going back to EJ Henderson in '03. Can't really expect 5th Rd picks and later to pan out on a consistent basis. Brinkley overacheived.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    I think more than anything, we haven't made it a priority. Other than Dontarrious Thomas (2nd), I believe Greenway is the only LB we've drafted in the first 4 rounds in the last 10 years going back to EJ Henderson in '03. Can't really expect 5th Rd picks and later to pan out on a consistent basis. Brinkley overacheived.
    I don't expect all late round picks to pan out but significantly more should make contributions. The Vikings have been woefully bad at prioritizing their LB needs - Zim will change that!

vCash
    well, given this is a position of need anyway, we now know it'll be a FA/draft priority

while some of you aren't surprised, many of us are....for that very reason
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash

IMO I thought Erin was over rated by our last staff. Do you guys think some of it had to do with EJ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMark247 View Post
    IMO I thought Erin was over rated by our last staff. Do you guys think some of it had to do with EJ?
    Possibly. Hard to say. Is EJ playing anywhere?
    I remember that broken leg vs Arizona

I meese you Señor Rodriguez

vCash

OMG that was nasty!