Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Eric Decker Way Overrated

This guy is being regarded as one of the top targeted #1 free agent wr's this offseason but he will most likely be a huge failure. I feel bad for the team who will throw big money at him. Seems more of a system guy to me, not a franchise changing WR. The way i see it, he only looks decent because of Manning. He's not a game breaker or explosive enough with speed. He's not a guy who will make a mediocre qb look better. And if anything is disappointing, just look at his performance in the super bowl...1 catch for 6 yards.

vCash
    Um, he was producing just fine in 11 with Kyle Orton before Tebow took over. Seems like if you have a competent QB, he's good for 80/1100 or thereabouts. Doesn't have to be Manning.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 02-07-2014 at 02:53 PM.

vCash
    He is a great #2 option. I think some team will pay him like a great #1 option though.

vCash
    He only looked bad because of Tebow and Sherman.

He was matched up to Sherman the entire SB. Of course he isn't going to make an impact. He did have one drop, but it was like a 3 yard dump off in the 4th quarter or something.

He caught 44 catches with an entire season of Tebow. Dude deserves an award for that.

I have a question. Who out there do you think is a better free agent WR?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    He is a great #2 option. I think some team will pay him like a great #1 option though.
    this. dumb gms and gms with too much cap fall for it every year.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScab View Post
    This guy is being regarded as one of the top targeted #1 free agent wr's this offseason but he will most likely be a huge failure. I feel bad for the team who will throw big money at him. Seems more of a system guy to me, not a franchise changing WR. The way i see it, he only looks decent because of Manning. He's not a game breaker or explosive enough with speed. He's not a guy who will make a mediocre qb look better. And if anything is disappointing, just look at his performance in the super bowl...1 catch for 6 yards.
    Yeh, It is easy to dislike a guy like Decker. He is real handsome. He has a great career. A hot wife. So, why not find a way to try to diminish a season where he is tied for 11th in receptions with 87 and is 12th in yards with 1288 yards.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash

Because he is white?

vCash

That's actually a serious comment. Same reason Jordy Nelson gets no respect. Decker is a fantastic option as a number 2 and could be a #1 on a few teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post

He was matched up to Sherman the entire SB. Of course he isn't going to make an impact. He did have one drop, but it was like a 3 yard dump off in the 4th quarter or something.

He caught 44 catches with an entire season of Tebow. Dude deserves an award for that.

I think if Maclin is healthy, he's easily better. Could probably argue he and Nicks are similar in a value perspective. Emanuel Sanders is pretty good too and I think he could be even better in a high target role.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Yeh, It is easy to dislike a guy like Decker. He is real handsome. He has a great career. A hot wife. So, why not find a way to try to diminish a season where he is tied for 11th in receptions with 87 and is 12th in yards with 1288 yards.
    Yeah, generally i agree with what you said here but I don't think he is the 11/12th best receiver in the league. I'd put him in the 35-50 range, think he would be one of the better #2's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post

I dislike him a lot. I am a Bronco fan. For being as big as he is, he isn't tough. He flops a lot, complains about no calls, and just lacks toughness. Scott Hastings, the Denver Nuggets announcer made fun of Decker saying he flops more than any NBA player. And he is right.

And no. He had 21 receptions from Tebow in 11 games. and less than 350 yards receiving. Tebow didn't start the entire year.

He will get paid like a number 1 probably, when in reality he was a product of Manning, Orange Julius, D. Thomas, Welker and a passing offense. He is a decent number 2 that really benefitted from playing in an offense that wasn't focused around him. If he is a number 1 receiver it he will disappoint.

vCash
    ^ he was Orton's favorite target before Tebow. He had 24 catches in his first 5 games that season. That's gonna amount to about 75 catches with any competent QB. I agree he's a 2 but I definitely disagree he was a product of Manning+

He knows how to get open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, generally i agree with what you said here but I don't think he is the 11/12th best receiver in the league. I'd put him in the 35-50 range, think he would be one of the better #2's.
    Who said he was? I was just trying to point out his performance which, no matter how you cut it, was among the NFL leaders. I am not here to tout the guy. I just bristle when seeing gratuitous attacks on players. As far as how good he really is, where does he stack up with other available FAs? Julian Edelman? Jeremy Maclin? Emmanuel Sanders? Anquan Boldin (33)? While there is some debate whether he is the best available free agent or not, he clearly belongs in a list along side the FA leaders at his position. Any crank call to say he is overrated is...frankly...silly.

I expect the words overrated and underrated are the most overused and misapplied words on any of these forums.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    not sure if he is over rated as much as is he deserving to be the top fa at the moment. someone is going to over pay him and he will be a decent wr but not the #1 that a team should expect for the pay. if you sign him as a very good #2 then i think you would be rating him properly.i just wouldn't want to tie up salary cap space for a #2 when the bidding goes too high.

vCash
    I agree he's very overrated... Some team will overpay significantly and regret it.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast