Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Colts sign top CFL LB Henoc Muamba

Colts signed CFL all-star LB Henoc Muamba.
    Muamba was selected first overall in the 2011 CFL draft by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and was with the team the last three seasons. Muamba has 171 tackles, four sacks, and one interception over his career. He was awarded the Lew Hayman Trophy as the best Canadian player in the East Division in 2013. Muamba will compete for a job at inside linebacker, where the Colts are needy. GM Ryan Grigson has been highly successful tapping other leagues to pluck core talent, so we're not calling Muamba a long shot by any stretch.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9377/henoc-muamba

This was posted in the off season thread, but not everyone reads that so here's a new thread for this news. I know I may be crazy, but I'd be confident if our LB's next year were Freeman, Muamba, McNary, and Sheppard. I'd still love us to re-sign Conner though!

For the record, I have absolutely if he's the 'top' LB in the CFL but he sounds like a useful player that can make plays. Freeman called him a good player.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I like the signing, even more so now that I see his weight closer to 240 but hopefully he can add to that, as after next year Freeman and Sheppard are both FA's. I would still be on the lookout for a FA or Draft pick at ILB but this seems like a good depth/possible future starter signing that allows Indy more flexibility? He seems to lay the wood in some of the clips I have seen!
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    It's been reported that Grigs gave him a 3 year deal with 100K guaranteed. Sure as hell sounds like he's going to be get a lot of opportunity. Like i've said, I think Muamba/McNary is fine at ILB.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    we have the most rag tag group of LBs haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    I know. No wonder we cant stop the run or short passes.

vCash
    2 CFL guys (freeman, muamba) and a rugby player (adongo).
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    2 CFL guys (freeman, muamba) and a rugby player (adongo).
    You forgot our Army Captain.

vCash
    I don't see the big deal here. This just shows that Grigson is willing to build team talent in other ways than the draft and throwing millions at free agents. Freeman was a "Pro Bowler" from the CFL, as was Cameron Wake. If Grigson can find talent in the CFL, rugby leagues, and US Army, who cares. They all came cheaply and have shown great potential.

vCash
    You forgot our Army Captain.
    Good call on McNary. Sounds like we could enter the season with Freeman and a McNary/Muamba rotation at ILB. Plus, Adongo may develop quickly and maybe can be a 3rd down pass rusher.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    It doesn't matter to me where they come from as long as they can play and help out the team. I don't feel that we need 4 pro bowl LB's in order to have a respectable group on the field. Just set the edges, get some good consistent pressure on opposing QB's and for the love of mike shut down the run!

If what it takes is a rotation of 2 CFL guys, a former Rugby player an Army Captain and a partridge in a pear tree, I don't really care, just get into the opposing backfield and shut those offenses down.

vCash
    This is Angerer's ticket out of town...highly doubt he comes back now

#iubb