Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Jets eyeing Sanders/Maclin

This is apparently coming from Manish so....feel free to hate its guts . But seriously, if we somehow landed these two guys along with Marquise Lee I would be doing cartwheels. I also find it interesting that Manish notes that the Jets "don't view Decker as a potential #1" as that's the opinion i've always had on him....he reminds me of Sidney Rice when Favre was slinging him the ball and inflating his numbers. Thoughts?

http://www.profootballrumors.com/jet...anuel-sanders/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaxor5 View Post
    This is apparently coming from Manish so....feel free to hate its guts . But seriously, if we somehow landed these two guys along with Marquise Lee I would be doing cartwheels. I also find it interesting that Manish notes that the Jets "don't view Decker as a potential #1" as that's the opinion i've always had on him....he reminds me of Sidney Rice when Favre was slinging him the ball and inflating his numbers. Thoughts?

http://www.profootballrumors.com/jet...anuel-sanders/
    Why would they sign both and draft another with their 1st? Makes no sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Why would they sign both and draft another with their 1st? Makes no sense to me.
    To have 2 solid weapons for Geno and another to grow/mature with him maybe? I'm in the mindset of making our rookie QB's life as easy as possible to get his confidence up. I've seen what having limited weapons does to a QB's psyche in Sanchez. I'd much rather have too much over too little. Plus it's not like I'm advocating drafting 3 RBs...these guys can all be on the field at the same time. Why do you have a problem with it?

vCash
    To have 2 solid weapons for Geno and another to grow/mature with him maybe? I'm in the mindset of making our rookie QB's life as easy as possible to get his confidence up. I've seen what having limited weapons does to a QB's psyche in Sanchez. I'd much rather have too much over too little. Plus it's not like I'm advocating drafting 3 RBs...these guys can all be on the field at the same time. Why do you have a problem with it?
    I have a problem with your math, for starters. How do you get TWO solid weapons when you sign 2 FA's plus one draftee?
    But seriously, why would you sign two guys who have started only to have one sit? Unless of course, your 1st rounder is going to sit. What's it going to be? We do still have Kerley, right?
    Besides him, we still have Nelson and Hill.
    How about signing a guy that isn't starting like, I don't know, Cotchery or Santana Moss?
    I'll disagree. We don't need three.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 02-07-2014 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    Dislike this - and I do take some comfort in the fact that it is Manish reporting this - because everyone knows he just pulls stuff outta his @$$!

I wouldn't be completely upset if Maclin came to the Jets - but if you think he can be their #1, I believe you are massively overestimating him. He is a talent - no doubt. The sort of WR who can be a game breaker when healthy but... that is the biggest rub. He is injury prone and the Jets would be extremely lucky if he could play through a whole year - much less finish out his contract. He already has had 2 ACL's pop and knees don't get better with age...

Also he isn't the big endzone target that has been missing from the Jets offense since... what? Keyshon Johnson? If he came cheap with a incentive laden contract - OK take a chance with him - but by no means put all your eggs in that basket.

As far as Sanders - he is just a slot receiver and we have one of those... Another small WR we don't need. The guy disappears for stretches at a time and also isn't close a #1.

Those that think Decker is over-rated - just haven't watched the guy play. He is everything the Jets NEED right now - a big, young, strong WR with VERY good hands - a guy who is also big endzone threat. I truly believe that if Decker was black - there would be much less debate on whether he can be a #1 WR. But for some reason white WR's have this "stigma" that they aren't athletic enough to "be the man". They are always thought of as the Wayne Chrebet type possession guy. Decker is a lot more than that!

Decker has all the tools and WR's like him (especially at his age) don't usually hit Free Agency... and ONLY reason he is, is because Denver has too much money in WR/TE's right now - with WR Demarious Thomas & TE Julius Thomas both needing to be resigned with a big raise each and having just signed Welker last year.

Hoping that Maclin will stay healthy is too big of a risk... and E. Sanders isn't anything special. Get Decker and then if Maclin is still around - see if you can pick him up fairly cheap. But don't bet big on him. Sanders? Well we already picked up a small Steelers WR castaway with Holmes (and Holmes is more talented). I'd rather keep Holmes at a reduced price than pay Sanders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Jim View Post
    Dislike this - and I do take some comfort in the fact that it is Manish reporting this - because everyone knows he just pulls stuff outta his @$$!

I wouldn't be completely upset if Maclin came to the Jets - but if you think he can be their #1, I believe you are massively overestimating him. He is a talent - no doubt. The sort of WR who can be a game breaker when healthy but... that is the biggest rub. He is injury prone and the Jets would be extremely lucky if he could play through a whole year - much less finish out his contract. He already has had 2 ACL's pop and knees don't get better with age...

Also he isn't the big endzone target that has been missing from the Jets offense since... what? Keyshon Johnson? If he came cheap with a incentive laden contract - OK take a chance with him - but by no means put all your eggs in that basket.

As far as Sanders - he is just a slot receiver and we have one of those... Another small WR we don't need. The guy disappears for stretches at a time and also isn't close a #1.

Those that think Decker is over-rated - just haven't watched the guy play. He is everything the Jets NEED right now - a big, young, strong WR with VERY good hands - a guy who is also big endzone threat. I truly believe that if Decker was black - there would be much less debate on whether he can be a #1 WR. But for some reason white WR's have this "stigma" that they aren't athletic enough to "be the man". They are always thought of as the Wayne Chrebet type possession guy. Decker is a lot more than that!

Decker has all the tools and WR's like him (especially at his age) don't usually hit Free Agency... and ONLY reason he is, is because Denver has too much money in WR/TE's right now - with WR Demarious Thomas & TE Julius Thomas both needing to be resigned with a big raise each and having just signed Welker last year.

Hoping that Maclin will stay healthy is too big of a risk... and E. Sanders isn't anything special. Get Decker and then if Maclin is still around - see if you can pick him up fairly cheap. But don't bet big on him. Sanders? Well we already picked up a small Steelers WR castaway with Holmes (and Holmes is more talented). I'd rather keep Holmes at a reduced price than pay Sanders.
    I'm on board with you. I want Decker first. And then you could be creative with that 2nd WR since you have a big target. You could then take a chance on Maclin without relying on him as the #1 guy. But I'd be a bit surprised if he escaped Philly from what I've read although like with Manish, reader beware.
    I agree that Decker possesses the best ingredients available for Geno.

vCash
    I have a problem with your math, for starters. How do you get TWO solid weapons when you sign 2 FA's plus one draftee?
    But seriously, why would you sign two guys who have started only to have one sit? Unless of course, your 1st rounder is going to sit. What's it going to be? We do still have Kerley, right?
    Besides him, we still have Nelson and Hill.
    How about signing a guy that isn't starting like, I don't know, Cotchery or Santana Moss?
    I'll disagree. We don't need three.

I'm not going to assume Lee is solid since he hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet maybe? And you're right, we should definitely save a spot in the offense for Stephen ****ing Hill...he's earned it.

I will never understand why people fall in love with these guys that we signed off the damn street. David Nelson is a depth signing, there is a reason he was a FREE AGENT in the middle of the season. Yes he made some nice plays down the stetch and moved the chains but lets be real...are we really going to not acquire another WR just because this guys on the roster? That's asinine.

Kerley is your only decent argument. Sanders probably isn't the best fit if it's deemed he can't play outside the slot.
    Last edited by Smaxor5; 02-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    I've been saying this for months, bring in Maclin. He is coming off a tough ACL injury but the guy knows MM's system and can get open. Would be a great target for Geno!

vCash
    I'm on board with you. I want Decker first. And then you could be creative with that 2nd WR since you have a big target. You could then take a chance on Maclin without relying on him as the #1 guy. But I'd be a bit surprised if he escaped Philly from what I've read although like with Manish, reader beware.
    I agree that Decker possesses the best ingredients available for Geno.
    Decker is the only "sure" thing as far as WR's go in this free agent class in many peoples eyes. He has no injury risks, put up great numbers and has good hands. If you want him you are going to overpay for him. I'd rather not be the dolphins of last year thank you very much. Also, lets keep in mind that he had 3 OUTSTANDING pass catching threats around him in Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas. I'm not sold on him being able to produce when he is the guy.

vCash
    Decker is the only "sure" thing as far as WR's go in this free agent class in many peoples eyes. He has no injury risks, put up great numbers and has good hands. If you want him you are going to overpay for him. I'd rather not be the dolphins of last year thank you very much. Also, lets keep in mind that he had 3 OUTSTANDING pass catching threats around him in Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas. I'm not sold on him being able to produce when he is the guy.
    Decker isn't coming here. Idzik isn't dumb enough to give a guy roughly 8-9 million per year on a larger contract just because he put up great numbers with Peyton and Co. And trust me, I love Decker and would love to have him...I'm not giving him that kind of deal though if I'm a GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Decker isn't coming here. Idzik isn't dumb enough to give a guy roughly 8-9 million per year on a larger contract just because he put up great numbers with Peyton and Co. And trust me, I love Decker and would love to have him...I'm not giving him that kind of deal though if I'm a GM.

100% agree with this and hope Idzik does too. We need value signings with upside...which is why i like Sanders and Maclin a lot more. I'm happy that this rumor exists if it is reflective of what the Jets FO values.

vCash
    100% agree with this and hope Idzik does too. We need value signings with upside...which is why i like Sanders and Maclin a lot more. I'm happy that this rumor exists if it is reflective of what the Jets FO values.
    Yeah I'd be fine with either/or, along with drafting a WR and TE. We need a complete overhaul for offensive weapons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    So you're fairly certain that Decker's going to command 8-9M? Really?
    You know he had 1 catch for 6 yards in the Super Bowl. And everyone knows he had Manning.
    Yet you think the market will set an 8-9M payday for a possession WR? You must be joking.

vCash
    I wouldn't be upset at either one of those guys but I think Manish is just stating the obvious. Yes, the Jets will be looking at WRs in free agency. Maclin and Sanders are possible options.

Sanders is probably the most realistic option as the Steelers are expected to be about 13M over the cap. I actually like Sanders. He's not a #1 but he's very good, even on the outside and would be a great complementary piece. Tate wants to be back in Sea but they don't have that much cap space and have other guys they need to re-sign as well. Would love him. Ppl don't think much of him but the kid can ball. PFF rated him very favorably the past two seasons. And even though he's not too tall he can go up and get it and make athletic catches.

I don't see Maclin wanting to leave PHI and Chip Kelly's offense and Foles an ascending QB. But you never know. I know ppl think he's a rick but when he's healthy he is a VERY dangers receiver. I'll put Denario Alexander in a similar boat. Not the same boat though because he's very unproven.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    I understand the maclin talk, but he's coming off a serious knee injury. Are we really going to sign him and see him sitting on the bench cause he's hurt yet again? I know hakeem nicks is another one that's always hurt. But I just don't see how he's not the talked about receiver. At worst he's a good number 2. If he can regain his confidence and health He can be that number 1 we've needed for quite some time now. If we can jump on him immediately, I think he can be had for 6-7 million...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast