Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

First Mock of Year 2 rounds, trades

let me know what you think.. trying to edit it and make it a 7 rounder by draft time

Round 1

1. Houston- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M- I think there will be an outrage in Houston if they dont take this kid. Hes a playmaker, and the type of player who ignites life into a franchise if he works out. They stay in state, get their guy.

TRADE
    Minnesota gives St. Louis its 2nd, 4th, and 2nd in 2015 to move from 8 to 2

2. Minnesota- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville- After Manziel goes 1, you may very well see a QB run go. Minnesota needs a signal caller quickly since AP wants to start building, its about time you give him someone to rely on. This could either be Teddy or Bortles here.

3. Jacksonville- Blake Bortles, QB, UCF- Another in-state player, Bortles to Jax is another move that can be a boost for a franchise. Blaine Gabbert was a bust from the minute he got picked, and its time for them to move on. Give Bortles a couple more weapons, and you may have yourself the best QB of the draft. He is a legit 6'4 240.

4. Cleveland- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson- I just see Cleveland going BPA here. They do not see the QB they want available after the first 3 selections, so they sit back and take a playmaker to go with Gordon giving them a nasty WR tandem. More to come for them.

5. Oakland- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina- The #1 overall player in the draft goes to the silver and black. They get a franchise changing player. Similar to Mario Williams and Julius Peppers, very highly touted prospect. They could have also grabbed Watkins or Evans

6. Atlanta- Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo- After missing out on Clowney, the Falcons do the next best thing, get Khalil Mack. Good fit for their defense, and just adds a good player on a team with talent that underachieved big time.

Trade
    Pittsburgh gives up 15 and a 2nd to move to 7

7. Pittsburgh- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M- With 2 St. Louis picks, it is almost certain Mike Evans goes off the board in the next couple picks. Pittsburgh makes a move, seeing as mediocre is not tolerated in that organization. Perfect compliment to Antonio Brown.

8. St. Louis- Jake Matthews, OL, Texas A&M- Bravo to St. Louis. Falls back to 8 and gets the man they would have taken at 2. Jake Long cannot stay healthy, and if he is healthy, Matthews has experience at RT. Good value pick.

9. Buffalo- Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA- The Bills could go a lot of different directions here. Greg Robinson is a possibility, as is Darqueze Dennard. If one of the WRs fall, theyd likely be the pick. A sleeper is Eric Ebron.

10. Detroit- Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State- This kid will be a good corner in the NFL for a long time. Physical ballhawking corner, an in state kid to give Detroit secondary help theyve needed for a couple years now.

11. Tennessee- Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame- Ray Horton has said Tennessee will be running a hybrid defense. Louis Nix is going to be a great NT in this league, and Louis Nix will also be a great DT in this league. He is a BEAST at 330 lbs and will put on a show at the combine. Dee Ford and Kony Ealy are also possibilities.

12. New York Giants- Greg Robinson, OL, Auburn- This will probably be the quickest selection made yet. Robinson is better than Matthews in my mind and the Giants need to invest in protecting Eli.

13. St. Louis- CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama- The Rams need to upgrade their LB core. Mosley was a leader on a successful defense. This pick comes down to him or his teammate, Haha.

14. Chicago- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State- The Bears are going to need to add a bunch of defensive players in this draft, and Gilbert is just the first. Hageman, Dix, and even Aaron Donald are options here.

15. Tampa Bay- Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri- It was a little surprising that Ealy declared, but either way he finds himself in the first round. He will be a good fit in Tampa, a team that needs help getting to the Quarterback.

16. Dallas- Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota- Monster on the defensive line, he can play in multiple defenses as well. DT was probably the worst spot for Dallas last year, and they are losing Jason Hatcher on top of it. Americas team needs to add some players on the defensive side of the ball. Jerry was hiring guys off the street weekly last year.

17. Baltimore- Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State- Joe Flacco has no more excuses. Torrey Smith and Kelvin Benjamin? Wow what a receiving core. Jacoby Jones slides back to the slot and you have some dang good weapons.

18. New York Jets- Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama- After Benjamin went with the last pick, I see the Jets going away from the offensive weapons until rounds 2 and 3. They brought in and started Ed Reed at the end of last year. They need safety help. Bringing in Haha to pair up with his old teammate Milliner at corner will be appealing to Rex who isnt afraid to draft defense over weapons.

TRADE
    Cleveland trades pick 26 and 3 of the 2nd round to move up to 19

19. Cleveland- AJ McArron, QB, Alabama- This will be the surprise of the first round. Ill explain my 2 reasons for this happening. The reasoning for Cleveland moving up is the only other team that could use a QB in this first round is Arizona (future starter for Palmer) and playoff teams are about where 2nd round teams trade up, Cleveland didnt want to miss out on their man. The reason for McArron over Carr is I think Lombardi wants a winner. He sees McArron with his National Titles and giving him Sammy Watkins and Josh Gordon they feel like he can make things happen. If he is not ready they can roll with Hoyer or Campbell for another year.

20. Arizona- Taylor Lewan, OL, Michigan- Solid player, nice mean streak. Will fit in nicely at LT for Arizona.

21. Green Bay- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina- I think GB gets rid of Jermichael Finley in FA, and with no great defensive prospect available, they take a great TE prospect. With size and speed Ebron definitely will be a nice fit in todays TE era.

22. Philadelphia- Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville- Pryor is an athletic freak who will be a good replacement for Patrick Chung. Philly is a couple more athletic pieces away from being a real powerhouse under Chip Kelly.

23. Kansas City- Marquise Lee, WR, USC- When Jamaal Charles went down in 2012, the entire KC offense went down with him. In 2013, when Jamaal Charles went down against Indy in the playoffs, so did the KC offense. I think KC needs to give Alex Smith another weapon, as Dwayne Bowe cannot continue to do it by himself.

24. Cincinnati- Stephen Tuitt, DL, Notre Dame- Fits the mold of what Cincy has liked for their DEs. Big, athletic for his size. Will fit in well. I think Cincy really tries to get tougher on both lines in this draft.

25. San Diego- Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn- Good edge rusher, may benefit from a 3/4 but could also play in a 4/3. San Diego needs edge rushers after relying on a 33 year old Dwight Freeney last year.

26. Miami- Zack Martin, OL, Notre Dame- Good kid, solid prospect. Can play both guard and tackle, something that will be appealing to the Dolphins since they need to get as many good offensive lineman in the building as possible.

27. New Orleans- Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State- The Saints need leaders on defense, and adding Shazier should be a good step in that direction.

28. Carolina- Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State- Good value pick for Carolina. Giving Cam a toy as a present for making the playoffs. With the young defense, you can afford to make this value pick here.

29. New England- Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech- I think in Amaro the Patriots will see a lot of Aaron Hernandez (minus the killing people). It comes down to him and Seferian Jenkins, and I think Amaro is a better compliment to Gronk.

30. San Francisco- Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State- Jernigan is a winner, and can add versatility to San Francisco. I could see them reaching and taking a corner here or even Dominique Easley, but Jernigan is the pick.

31. Denver- Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh- Although undersized, Donald could be one of the best defensive players in this draft. Although not a major need, Denver can afford to take him here.

32. Seattle- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington- The Seahawks win a Super Bowl and then reward the 12th man with a home grown giant? Wow life in Seattle is nice.

Round 2

33. Houston- Morgan Moses, OL, Virginia- The first thing you need to do when you buy a new car is get some insurance. The first thing Houston will want to do is protect Johnny Manziel. Moses will step in on day one and be a solid RT.

34. Washington- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford- I think Washington just needs to add as many good players on defense as possible.

35. Miami- Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State- Miami needs to add physicality to its offense. Hyde is a good fit, and a great compliment to Lamar Miller. He played in an open offense, something that will give new OC Bill Lazor options.

36. Oakland- Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State- Carr finally falls off the board at 36 to Oakland. I feel bad for him because he will be thrust into a very bad situation with no weapons at all. I could see them going the Sammy Watkins-Tajh Boyd route if Sammy is the pick at 5. I could also see them trading up for Carr after they see Cleveland do the same for AJ.

37. Atlanta- Cyrus Kouanjio, OL, Alabama- Sam Baker was bad last year, as was most of the Atlanta OLine, but they are paying him too much so will probably play Cyrus at RT. Kouanjio slips due to teams not knowing if he can play LT, but that will not be an issue here.

38. Tampa Bay- Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU- Dont think he is better than Garropolo, but I think he will get picked before him. Playing in Cam Camerons offense was nice for his stock, the injury at the end of the year was not. Tampa can let him sit behind Glennon, who gained steam at the end of the year. For the record, I do not think this kid is a future NFL playoff starter.

39. Jacksonville- Tre Mason, RB, Auburn- Jacksonville likes players with flash. Take Ace Saunders and Denard Robinson. Tre Mason will be a good running back for an offense built for Blake Bortles. With Jones Drew a FA, they may want to look in this direction, and if he comes back, cant hurt to have 2 good RBs.

40. St Louis- Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford- With their 3rd pick in the 1st 40, St Louis needs to just keep adding good football players to their division. Drafting a former Harbaugh recruit is nice, as is drafting a kid who is used to playing tough football out west.

41. Buffalo- David Yankey, G, Stanford- Buffalo's interior offensive line was atrocious last year. They need to protect their already fragile star running backs.

42. Tennessee- Jason Verrett, CB, TCU- If Verner leaves in FA, Corner will be a huge need, but if not, it wont hurt to add depth.

43. New York Giants- Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona- Not only will he add a stable horse to a terrible backfield in NY, he will help Eli in the passing game too.

44. St. Louis- Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt- Big kid, good target and good fit for St Louis receiving core. Nice first 2 rounds for the Rams.

45. Detroit- Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU- Another good receiver flies off the board as Detroit finally gets a #2 receiver next to Calvin.

46. Tampa Bay- Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame- The run on weapons continues. Tampa gets a huge target for whoever its QB is.

47. Dallas- Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU- The Cowboys need to keep adding good defensive players.

48. Baltimore- Antonio Richardson, OL, Tennessee- Michael Oher is a free agent, and after struggling I dont think Baltimore will bring him back at the price tag he will want. They will decide to add this mammoth of a man in Round 2.

49. New York Jets- Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State- The Jets need weapons. Look for them to draft a WR and TE, maybe even a RB too in this draft.

50. Miami- Xavier Su'a-Filo, OL, UCLA- Another versatile lineman. I think Su'a-Filo and Martin are high character guys the Dolphins will be targeting in the first few rounds. Added with Carlos Hyde, the Fins added some much needed toughness.

51. Chicago- Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford- Tough, physical kid. Love the way he plays. Will fit in will with Chicagos defense.

52. Arizona- Jimmy Garropolo, QB, Eastern Illinois- Sleeper QB of the draft, Garropolo is a big kid with a killer instinct about him and a look that screams starting QB. In 2 years, he will be the starting QB for Arizona.

53. Green Bay- Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State- Green Bay had terrible safety play last year, and will definitely want to improve on that to get back to the superbowl. Bucannon is used to playing in cold.

54. Philadelphia- Telvin Smith, LB, Florida State- Another athletic piece, Telvin Smith will add a nice addition on the other side of Trent Cole at LB.

55. Cincinnati- Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida- Cincinnati needs a #2 corner next to Leon Hall, who has torn his achilles 2 times in the last 3 years himself.

56. San Francisco- Dominique Easley, DT, Florida- Even though they took Timmy Jernigan, there is too much value not to do this. They need all the powerful men up front they can get in their division, and they have shown the willingness to grab a player off injury (Carradine, Lattimore). San Francisco has a ton of picks and can go BPA as much as they want because they dont have many needs.

57. San Diego- Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech- San Diego upgraded their CBs when they brought in Richard Marshall. Thats all you need to know.

58. New Orleans- Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida- Corner depth is a need for most teams, and NO gets a guy who some considered a first round talent.

59. Indianapolis- DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State- Colts add a big man on the interior of their DLine. No more undersized DTs for Indy. Theyve been shredded in the run game for years.

60. Carolina- Pierre Desir, CB, Linewood- Carolina is just the next team to jump in on the CB run. Adds a small school guy who has really come on in this draft process.

61. San Francisco- Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska- Big physical corner, San Francisco tries to get their Sherman (not saying Baptiste is that good).

62. New England- Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor- Guy who has slipped through draft process. Patriots need interior lineman. Has played in high paced offense.

63. Denver- Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin- Gritty physical player, could turn into leader of Denver defense. Denver desperately needs a MLB.

64. Seattle- Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State- Seattle will likely lose one of Doug Baldwin or Golden Tate, and with Percy Harvin out all of last year, giving Russell Wilson weapons will be nice.

vCash
    Is Khalil Mack really a good fit for a 4-3 defense?

vCash
    Steelers are already sans a 3rd round pick. I can't see us giving up a second to move up for Mike Evans.

Especially when, at our pick, Kelvin Benjamin and Haha Clinton-Dix would still be there. We have a few too many needs to give away a pick for a WR. Especially in a WR class this deep.

Oh and just noticed: Even Colbert isn't dumb enough to pass up Jake Matthews.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Love it for Seattle

vCash
    That would be awesome if the Raiders could come out of the first two rounds with Clowney and Carr. Dont see it happening though.

vCash
    Don't really see the jags passing Clowney for bortles.

2nd is awful. Running back isn't valued highly and better choice would be a guard or Jordan matthews

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Good 1st round pick for NE. In the second round, you're right that we need to improve our interior OL but drafting a guard isn't the way to do it. We need to get a better Center and RG but the RG position would actually best be solved by drafting/signing a decent OT backup. We had to play Marcus Cannon at RT last year because of injury. He should be a pretty good RG but he's also been our 3rd OT (and Vollmer is very injury prone) so he hasn't gotten to play extensively there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Is Khalil Mack really a good fit for a 4-3 defense?
    when i said good fit for the defense, i just meant the Atlanta needs athletic pass rushers, maybe not necessarily the 4-3, but i dont think he is a terrible fit.

vCash
    jags wont take bortles. and there is no way in hell clowney falls to 5. and no way in hell three qbs go first 3 picks.

vCash
    Just can't see SF going with two DL regardless of value. Secondary is a major need unless people come back on cheap deals (unlikely), as is WR depth. One DLman...maybe, two out of our top 3 picks....nu uh.

vCash
    Love the vikings pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
    That would be awesome if the Raiders could come out of the first two rounds with Clowney and Carr. Dont see it happening though.
    I think I'll pass out. Clowney+Carr or clowney+fales I'll be jumping around. If we take Boyd even in the 4th I'll be pissed. Outside the "top 3" QBs I'll rather have Carr+fales+mccaron+garopollo+mettenberger+Murray.
    Last edited by raiderposting; 02-07-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Don't really like this for the Panthers. I honestly think Robinson is a reach at the bottom of R1. Although I don't like Kouandjio all that much, I'd rather them take him at the bottom of R1 and give him a couple of years to develop at G or RT before they need him at LT, and grab a better value WR at the bottom of R2 rather than Desir, who I think is probably a R3/R4 caliber of CB.

R1: Kouandjio R2: Davante Adams is better than what you have listed, IMO. And frankly, I think Jordan Matthews could be there at the bottom of R2.

vCash
    As a Browns fan I'm fine with Watkins but hate the trade up for McCarron. Knowing how many questionable moves we've made in the past though it probably makes perfect sense to expect something like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    As a Browns fan I'm fine with Watkins but hate the trade up for McCarron. Knowing how many questionable moves we've made in the past though it probably makes perfect sense to expect something like that.
    lol thats honestly why i did it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast