Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

So we overpay for a player like Young, but we don't even bother going after Mármol???

Sandy logic................

Complete B.S. We need a better bullpen, and we barely got any better.

Mármol was there for the taking. At 31, he is ready to have some great years, and we could have used him as a big step in stabilizing the bullpen. But we didn't.....

This is still a mediocre 70-ish win team.

vCash
    You'll like CY once you get to see him play. He plays very good defense, can hit 20+ HR, steal 20+ bases, and draw some walks. He'll be a massive upgrade over Duda/EYJ in the OF.

The offseason isn't over yet, and there is no reason in getting upset over an extremely inconsistent Marmol. I'd prefer they go after guys like Hanrahan, Boggs, and Madson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    You'll like CY once you get to see him play. He plays very good defense, can hit 20+ HR, steal 20+ bases, and draw some walks. He'll be a massive upgrade over Duda/EYJ in the OF.

The offseason isn't over yet, and there is no reason in getting upset over an extremely inconsistent Marmol. I'd prefer they go after guys like Hanrahan, Boggs, and Madson.
    A .750-ish OPS player at best....

And the best we can expect in terms of OPS+ is maybe 90.

Do I even have to mention his tendency to strike out??? If anyone is inconsistent, it's Chris Young. Mármol at least has put together 4 straight seasons of excellent bullpen work. He had played bad last year, but when he became a Dodger, he found it again.

I guess I'm more upset at them giving an outfield spot to a guy who is mediocre, and for Sandy ignoring the fact that we have a bullpen (not even to mention that we don't have a legit #4 hitter to stabilize the lineup).

70-ish win team again......as it has been for the last 5 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    A .750-ish OPS player at best....

And the best we can expect in terms of OPS+ is maybe 90.

Do I even have to mention his tendency to strike out??? If anyone is inconsistent, it's Chris Young. Mármol at least has put together 4 straight seasons of excellent bullpen work. He had played bad last year, but when he became a Dodger, he found it again.

I guess I'm more upset at them giving an outfield spot to a guy who is mediocre, and for Sandy ignoring the fact that we have a bullpen (not even to mention that we don't have a legit #4 hitter to stabilize the lineup).

70-ish win team again......as it has been for the last 5 seasons.
    A .750 OPS with everything CY brings to the table would be fantastic. This was a great 1 year signing because the risk is non-existent long-term.

Marmol hasn't had a great season since 2010, and that was his only real great year. CY was an AS once before, and he was doing well before an injury in 2012. Didn't do well in his role with Oakland.

vCash
    Marmol was just a wreck for the Dodgers last year. He cant find the strike zone most of the time. Most memorable for me was when he walked a pitcher in 4-5 pitches. Hitter wasnt swinging either. It was supposed to be an automatic out, but the hitter, which is a pitcher, got an unexpected walk instead.
    Last edited by mikekhelxD; 02-07-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    So we overpay for a player like Young, but we don't even bother going after Mármol???
    Can you provide evidence that the Mets didn't make any attempt to sign Marmol?
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-07-2014 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    Marmol is awful. Is this a troll post or serious? 10/10 times would I sign Young over Marmol.

Marmol walks every batter he faces. Young at least has upside while providing sound defense. Plus on a 1 year deal, he's more likely to net us a pick than Marmol. I think Young was one of the better signings this off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    I think Young was one of the better signings this off-season.
    Young was, almost certainly, the Mets' best signing of the off-season.

vCash
    Marmol is awful. Is this a troll post or serious? 10/10 times would I sign Young over Marmol.

Marmol walks every batter he faces. Young at least has upside while providing sound defense. Plus on a 1 year deal, he's more likely to net us a pick than Marmol. I think Young was one of the better signings this off-season.
    This. I would take Hanrahah, Gregg, or even an injured Madson before Marmol. He's the modern day Armando Benitez with worse walk rates.

vCash

I don't know. He posted a Lebron for Melo thread in the Knicks forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

This. I would take Hanrahah, Gregg, or even an injured Madson before Marmol. He's the modern day Armando Benitez with worse walk rates.
    Benitez gets too much of a bad rap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Benitez gets too much of a bad rap.
    Not imo and either way I want no part of Marmol. He has no command or control.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-08-2014 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    (null)
    .750 OPS in Citi is not an OPS+ of 90, it's closer to 110.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    W

vCash
    A) I respectfully think Young was paid what he was worth.

B) We can still add players.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast