Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Denver Broncos offseason news and discussion

I know we've been using the who to keep thread as some of this already, but I figured this might be useful.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    So first big news for the Broncos is Jack Del Rio gets a 2 year deal to stay as the DC. I'm not sure the $ has been announced yet.

Personally, I wasn't thrilled with our defense as I'm sure most of you weren't. However, with the SB window with Manning is probably one last year if everything goes well with the physical. Changing coordinators isn't exactly a smooth process. Plus, it's not like the personnel isn't to blame for the struggles as well. Hopefully that will improve this year. I'm not doing back flips over the deal, but I think it was probably the right move.

Also, with Del Rio back, it would appear it's like a 99.9% chance Fox is back
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    that works..when the actual news start pouring in we can just put it in here and discuss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    So first big news for the Broncos is Jack Del Rio gets a 2 year deal to stay as the DC. I'm not sure the $ has been announced yet.

Personally, I wasn't thrilled with our defense as I'm sure most of you weren't. However, with the SB window with Manning is probably one last year if everything goes well with the physical. Changing coordinators isn't exactly a smooth process. Plus, it's not like the personnel isn't to blame for the struggles as well. Hopefully that will improve this year. I'm not doing back flips over the deal, but I think it was probably the right move.

Also, with Del Rio back, it would appear it's like a 99.9% chance Fox is back
    I'm perfectly fine with JDR coming back. Folks tend to easily forget just what a breath of fresh air he brought last year. He's easily the best DC we have had in a long long time (yes he's better than Dennis Allen) and he's still one of the games better DC's.

When you break it down...have players gotten worse under JDR or better? He's turned DRC/Pot Roast's career around. Getting major value out of Malik Jackson and he's getting better, made Danny T into a force, has worked without a true MLB for 2 years now, has worked with an injury plagued defense all year long.

Remember when Von Miller went out this defense was suppose to be the leagues worst? When Moore went out..our secondary was suppose to be hopeless? When Big Vick and Wolfe went out we weren't suppose to stop anybody on the ground?

JDR has done a magnificent job with what he has had to work with this year. It's a shame he has never had his full defense at any point this year..but add more talent on defense and hopefully the gods give us good health..and we'll see a significant difference.

Not saying he doesn't have any flaws. The dude has some issues with coverage, can't seem to generate any pressure no matter how many blitzes he throws out there (might be a mixture of scheme and just the lack of talent), and he's quite stubborn in making adjustments (particularly when someone is getting their *** torn up in coverage)..but he's fully capable of leading a top 5 defense. Give the man more talent and health on defense..you'll see.

vCash
    i wish we could generate more turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    i wish we could generate more turnovers.
    That's the players we are drafting and getting. They just don't generate the big plays and big hits like we need.

vCash
    Take it for what its worth.

@Incarceratedbob reports Broncos are interested in James Jones and Anquan Boldin. Elway wants a more physical receiving core.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieR19 View Post
    Take it for what its worth.

@Incarceratedbob reports Broncos are interested in James Jones and Anquan Boldin. Elway wants a more physical receiving core.
    Don't like Anquan. I do like james jones tho.

vCash
    I'd be intrigued with either depending on the price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Don't like Anquan. I do like james jones tho.
    I like Anquan for the fact that he has pretty good hands and he's physical but in both situations, Baltimore and San Francisco, he would have amazing games and then disappear for multiple games. Maybe that's just the game planning or he just doesn't keep space. I would just like a receiver that won't drop the ball.

vCash
    I like Anquan for the fact that he has pretty good hands and he's physical but in both situations, Baltimore and San Francisco, he would have amazing games and then disappear for multiple games. Maybe that's just the game planning or he just doesn't keep space. I would just like a receiver that won't drop the ball.
    You have to keep in mind, for a lot of the time he was the #1 or #2 at worst on those teams. He's up there, so he's bound to slow down. Here he would have Welker, DT and Julius catching balls as well. I loved Anquan when he was with Arizona. I'd be happy if he came here at the right price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    You have to keep in mind, for a lot of the time he was the #1 or #2 at worst on those teams. He's up there, so he's bound to slow down. Here he would have Welker, DT and Julius catching balls as well. I loved Anquan when he was with Arizona. I'd be happy if he came here at the right price.
    That is true. Like you said for the right price, I would enjoy having him or James Jones for that matter.

vCash
    Anyone know when Manning is suppose to be getting checked out?

vCash
    Is that not Eric Decker? Have amazing games then disappear? Struggle keeping separation?

Under PFM, Boldin would easily be close or match Decker's production. So it would come down to route running and hands with him. Both of which he's fully capable of doing.

Dude is going to be like 33 (or 34?) for next season..hopefully that drops his price...and hopefully SF will let him go..they might not. He was pretty huge for that offense of theirs.

vCash
    roto
    CSN Bay Area considers free agent Anquan Boldin the "most likely candidate" to start opposite Michael Crabtree next season.
    Ace beat writer Matt Maiocco considers wideout the 49ers' No. 1 offseason priority. He expects them to draft a receiver to compete with Quinton Patton for the No. 3 role and also re-sign Boldin. It shouldn't be an overly difficult negotiation as Boldin is going on 34 years old and won't land a guaranteed multi-year contract elsewhere. Maiocco suggests a two-year, $10 million contract that includes $6 million guaranteed. Feb. 6 - 10:37 am et
    If this is the case, I'm not sure Denver should really go after him. I think he'd be a fine fit, but if the Niners do offer him that deal, what is going to take to persuade him to sign with Denver? Everything equal or near equal, I'd imagine would have to favor SF. I was hoping whoever Denver signed, the price wouldn't really exceed like 5 per year. Maybe that's not so realistic with a bad WR FA class. If it's only like a 1 or 2 more to keep Decker longterm, I'm not sure that isn't the better route to go with than give 6 or 6.5 to Boldin per year. Not that I would be thrilled with either option. Maybe they can get creative, offer signing bonus or more guaranteed to sign Boldin to a cap friendly deal. If not, it's probably best to move on with another FA or use a high draft pick.

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast