Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Matt Cassel the new Rich Gannon?

Anyone else remember Gannon's mediocre days in Minnesota and Washington before he went to K.C. and made a minor splash? I'm just sayin"....................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugonthis1 View Post
    Anyone else remember Gannon's mediocre days in Minnesota and Washington before he went to K.C. and made a minor splash? I'm just sayin"....................
    If we get a #1 WR and one of guys becomes a true #2 WR.
    If we get a good RB or get a functional RB by comity going.
    Of course stabilize the offensive line I could see him coming here and being able to succeed.
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss

vCash
    No.

vCash
    Fail

vCash
    Matt Cassel isn't bad he just cant be asked to take a team over and make plays time and time again. With the right players around him he can play well. And Minn played a lot better when he started.

vCash
    Don't have a Tim Brown. The Raiders need more than Matt Cassell

vCash
    I think he could be a solid stop gap, providing we get another receiver or two, another back with Jennings, and a little o line help.

vCash
    I would not have a problem with this. Veteran competition is needed.

vCash
    Gannon and Gruden were a great pair... just don't see Allen and Cassel succeeding.

vCash
    Cassell was 10-5 as a starter for NE and 10-6 with KC, and threw for 27 TDs and only 7 INTs for KC his first year there. So he can be kinda capable @ times...
    Boy, this modern day 20th century technology is "golly-gee-willikers"!! Whaaa?

"Why didn't someone tell me this was the 21st century????"

vCash
    Are there folks out there who are having difficulty grasping the concept that, while very intregal to the system, a QB....any QB...needs to have talent around him.

We as fans view Kenny Stabler as the best we've ever had. How do you suppose he would have fared without the guys he had around him? Bradshaw? Staubach? Montana? Et al.

We're catastrophically short on talent right now...at every position on the field....we need more. Much more.

That said...Cassell could probably be decent for a year or two in the right setting. But then again, so might McGloin.

Trade down, trade often...draft the best football players available.

-Stork

vCash
    Sign Cassel as a stop gap, Trade down to 9 and pick up a second and 5th round picks. Then select Evans as I dont think Watkins will be there at that point. Or Trade down again to the 15th spot pick up another second and late round pick. Then select Marqise Lee(i like him better then Evans). Then with my multiple 2nd round picks I would take AJ McCarron that should be a high first round pick cause he is the best most nfl ready qb to come out.
    So we walk out with a Playmaker at WR..That makes our WR core very stout. Our QB situation will be solid with Cassel, McGloin and McCarron. And 2 more second round picks we can spend on the lines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Are there folks out there who are having difficulty grasping the concept that, while very intregal to the system, a QB....any QB...needs to have talent around him.

We as fans view Kenny Stabler as the best we've ever had. How do you suppose he would have fared without the guys he had around him? Bradshaw? Staubach? Montana? Et al.

We're catastrophically short on talent right now...at every position on the field....we need more. Much more.

That said...Cassell could probably be decent for a year or two in the right setting. But then again, so might McGloin.

Trade down, trade often...draft the best football players available.

-Stork
    Agree with most or this:

Except see Tom Brady about lack of talent.

Not that there are many Tom Bradys.

IMO

Cassell>Sanchez>rookie starter>Shia Lebouf>Raiders 2013 Quarterbacks

vCash
    We will not be short on talent once RM adds that through FA, The draft will be spent on getting the best player available. Thats how I think they will handle it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We will not be short on talent once RM adds that through FA, The draft will be spent on getting the best player available. Thats how I think they will handle it
    I hope so

Agreed on this plan.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast