Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,190
    vCash
    1500

    Thursday night games to CBS

    The NFL network has sold the rights to the first 8 Thursday night games in 2014 to CBS. Is this a move designed to counter the critics who claim that the NFL is violating it's anti-trust exemption because the NFL network is basically pay per view? Is the NFL hoping to get more people interested in the Thursday night games to try to pressure the cable companies to include them in basic cable. Maybe they just want more money.

    Will having the games on CBS make it more likely that you will watch them?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    10,979
    vCash
    3600
    Blah, more CBS. At least more people get to watch it

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    100,412
    vCash
    1605
    Please leave Mike Mayock on NFL Network only.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,193
    vCash
    1500
    If they start putting better games on Thursday night then I'll watch it. No matter what channel it's on, Cleveland vs Jacksonville doesn't interest me

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,534
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by moshy2 View Post
    If they start putting better games on Thursday night then I'll watch it. No matter what channel it's on, Cleveland vs Jacksonville doesn't interest me
    Exactly.

    Hopefully now that it's going mainstream they'll be forced to put better matchups but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,352
    vCash
    1500
    I'll watch any football game... I mean I watched the Viks vs the Giants this year.... lol

    Every time the Giants ran P.Hillis I thought it was a slomo replay .... and wasn't Freeman awesome!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    33,902
    vCash
    1500
    They're also adding two Saturday games which is awesome. They're on the same Saturday though so that sucks.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,389
    vCash
    1000
    TNF is sick

    Thirsty Thursday is always a great day for football.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,033
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    The NFL network has sold the rights to the first 8 Thursday night games in 2014 to CBS. Is this a move designed to counter the critics who claim that the NFL is violating it's anti-trust exemption because the NFL network is basically pay per view? Is the NFL hoping to get more people interested in the Thursday night games to try to pressure the cable companies to include them in basic cable. Maybe they just want more money.

    Will having the games on CBS make it more likely that you will watch them?
    The NFL network would be part of basic cable if the NFL didn't change so much for it.

    But good when games move off of it, as I don't watch games that are on it.


    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,033
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Exactly.

    Hopefully now that it's going mainstream they'll be forced to put better matchups but I'm not exactly holding my breath.
    Every team gets 1 thursday night game. They have less time to prepare, so it would be unfair to force a handful of good teams into that situation every week.


    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    100,412
    vCash
    1605
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Every team gets 1 thursday night game. They have less time to prepare, so it would be unfair to force a handful of good teams into that situation every week.
    Well said

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,457
    vCash
    1500
    Obviously any football fan can't get enought football but.........it's a really bad idea playing on a Thurs, especially now with all this concern over the well being of the players, as we all know the players don't like it.

    Like the Robert Edwards situation it's going to take somebody getting seriously hurt before the league comes to it;s senses.
    Last edited by CCRider; 02-11-2014 at 09:33 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    TNF is sick

    Thirsty Thursday is always a great day for football.
    especialyl since you'd have to be drunk to watch some of the ****** matchups they put on thursday
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Please leave Mike Mayock on NFL Network only.
    I enjoy Mayock, he knows what he's talking about. I just think he needs a different play by play partner.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,534
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Exactly.

    Hopefully now that it's going mainstream they'll be forced to put better matchups but I'm not exactly holding my breath.
    Every team gets 1 thursday night game. They have less time to prepare, so it would be unfair to force a handful of good teams into that situation every week.
    Are you sure about that? I dont recall Patriots on Thursday?

    Either way, if that's their rule that's fine. But put better matchups at least half the time. I'd rather see 8 good matchups and the rest suck then have them all crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe pride View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    TNF is sick

    Thirsty Thursday is always a great day for football.
    especialyl since you'd have to be drunk to watch some of the ****** matchups they put on thursday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •