Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Boston Bruins (36-16-3) at St. Louis Blues (37-12-6)

The Boston Bruins travel to St. Louis for a matchup against the Blues in what is the second to final game before the Olympic break. The Bruins have been one of the hottest teams in hockey over the past 10 games supporting a record of 7-2-1 and have won their previous two games. The Blues have been one of the best teams in the NHL all season and support the best goal differential in the league by far with a +59, the only team with a goal differential >+50. The Bruins will be playing their second game without Captain Zdeno Chara as the team allowed him to leave early for the opening ceremonies of the Olympic games.

The Bruins currently lead the Atlantic Division by 6 points over 2nd place Tampa Bay and with the Lightning in action tonight as well the Bruins could potentially increase this lead to 8 points.

The Blues have struggled somewhat over their past 10 games and hopefully the Bruins can continue their hot ways and get another W in the win column and another two points in the standings. Would be great to further open up the division as we get closer to the Olympic break.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Oh...Chara played on Tuesday?

oops...I had thought he was missing that game.

vCash
    Early PP!!!

vCash
    **** man

vCash
    HTF do you miss a high stick like that

vCash
    Tuukka's gotta make that save

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    Tuukka's gotta make that save
    yup...one he would like back

vCash
    I"ll be honest...when I saw Halak was in net I said...oh ****

vCash
    Whistle really LMFWMFAO

vCash
    Tough game to lose, good comeback though, happy to walk away with 1.. The Blues played really well tonight and Rask wasn't at his best

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    Tough game to lose, good comeback though, happy to walk away with 1.. The Blues played really well tonight and Rask wasn't at his best
    I'd say the first goal was weak. The second goal no one would get and the third goal had eyes. Honestly if Iggy puts that puck away or Soderberg doesn't make a bad chip we probably win that game. Boston only allowed 27 SOG, but many were very good quality looks. I'll take the point after going down 2-0 vs a very good STL team.

It was an ok game for the B's, I thought Soderberg had a strong game (minus the GWG play). The defense was a little soft in the zone tonight, but without Big Z it's expected.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I'd say the first goal was weak. The second goal no one would get and the third goal had eyes. Honestly if Iggy puts that puck away or Soderberg doesn't make a bad chip we probably win that game. Boston only allowed 27 SOG, but many were very good quality looks. I'll take the point after going down 2-0 vs a very good STL team.

It was an ok game for the B's, I thought Soderberg had a strong game (minus the GWG play). The defense was a little soft in the zone tonight, but without Big Z it's expected.
    One of the best teams in the league and we didn't have our top Two D

That was a really good loss in my books. I think Tukk is thinking more about Sochi right now. As long as he wakes up for the playoffs I don't really care what his GAA is

vCash
    To be fair Iginla was thwarted by Pietrangelo, brilliant play by him actually.

St. Louis was playing our game better for the majority until the third period. I'm not happy with the way it ended but it was a good game.

vCash
    It sucks we lost in OT but honestly I'm not going to complain at all. Being down 2-0 to the St.Louis Blues, one of the best teams in the league in holding leads, going into the 3rd in St. Louis nonetheless and to come back and tie it and at least earn a point...I'll take that.

vCash
    Very pleased with the play last night - those were two wicked shots that beat Rask (in regulation).

It's hard to say if Kelly is looking like a weak sister out there because he's coming off an injury, or has just lost a step. Probably some of both.

Nice showing by the D corps on the whole. Warsofsky was shaky but that's to be expected.

Bartkowski - 23:20
    Hamilton - 22:10
    Krug - 20:13
    Boychuck - 19:45
    Miller - 18:34
    Warsofsky - 17:58

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast