Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Anthony Bennett...

The guy many called the biggest bust of all time has now put up 3 double digit scoring games in his last 5 after an increase in minutes. Furthermore, he's apparently got himself back down to his college weight/fat% after recovering from his surgery in the off-season. Did everyone jump to a conclusion too soon as always or is this just a fluke run?

vCash
    I'm calling fluke. His jump shot looks really bad, he's gain some hustle but, damn homie looks like a low end D-league player.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    3 double digit games in a row for the #1 pick isnt exaclt impressive.

"I just don't root against other human beings because I don't like the jersey's they wear. I'm done talking to you, its nice you finally admitted you root for other human beings to fail because of wardrobe."
    -unknown

vCash
    He really needs to step his **** up idc how much pressure there is, he worse they kwame brown rn
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    I'm calling fluke. His jump shot looks really bad, he's gain some hustle but, damn homie looks like a low end D-league player.
    He was said up to fail though.

1) Gets drafted #1 overall when he probably should have been like #6
    2) Gets drafted by a team which was stacked with big men
    3) Had shoulder surgery in the off season and comes in overweight and out of shape but is expected to put up big numbers because he's #1
    4) Has a Coach who hates young players and got benched for each mistake he made (no minutes)
    5) Team is full of selfish players who don't pass or only pass to their friends (Irving to Thompson)
    6) The whole Bynum failed experiment

I don't know I think he'll be a decent player eventually if he's given a proper chance.

vCash
    He's finally getting consistent minutes and his potential is starting to show. At the beginning of the year anytime he made a mistake Mike Brown would immediately pull him so A.B. started playing tentative and was constantly looking over his shoulder. Anytime you lose your confidence and aggressiveness you'll never be able to be successful. Now that he's not getting pulled for every little thing he's been able to establish some confidence and the results are beginning to follow. It's still a major work in progress but he's starting to show signs of the potential the Cavs fell in love with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    3 double digit games in a row for the #1 pick isnt exaclt impressive.
    they are not in a row because brown cut his minutes in a couple of games so he couldn't do anything. But did you really expect a guy coming off shoulder surgery to average 20pts and 10 rbs while getting no minutes? The situation isn't really his fault it's the Cavs fault.

vCash
    He was always a project and still is. He (or maybe Noel) had the highest potential in that draft and I think he still does (well, not counting Giannis at least). He still needs a position but he was drafted on his size, scoring, and bball acumen. He's still got 2 of those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    He was always a project and still is. He (or maybe Noel) had the highest potential in that draft and I think he still does (well, not counting Giannis at least). He still needs a position but he was drafted on his size, scoring, and bball acumen. He's still got 2 of those.
    I think Cavs should trade Thompson and put Bennett on the starting lineup (if he keeps this up)...Although that would probably make Irving leave even faster since Thompson and him are friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoHuskies View Post
    they are not in a row because brown cut his minutes in a couple of games so he couldn't do anything. But did you really expect a guy coming off shoulder surgery to average 20pts and 10 rbs while getting no minutes? The situation isn't really his fault it's the Cavs fault.
    not at all. but the dude should be able to average 10-12 points

"I just don't root against other human beings because I don't like the jersey's they wear. I'm done talking to you, its nice you finally admitted you root for other human beings to fail because of wardrobe."
    -unknown

vCash
    the guy was a reach, but the cavs weren't looking at a scrub here. even if taking him #1 was unjustifable, clearly he was doing something to fool them. the guy has skills. i disagree with whoever said his stroke looks ugly. i think for a guy built like him it's pretty solid. it's nice seeing him bang the boards.

he has the skills to be solid. i still believe in him to an extent. it was a foolish move taking a project when you were expected to compete the following year and there were guys with higher upsides as well, but whatever. i think labeling him a complete bust because of half a year of play is a bit hasty.

i had him in my top-5 right before the draft. i'm a draft idiot,so that means nothing, but i am a believer in him to an extent and i don't think i was off base. he has athleticism. he has good size. he's strong enough. he has a good jumper regardless of how effective it's been...i still have a lot of faith in that. i don't know...he has most of the package, he just has to figure it out. i think draftnet and draftexpress had him at #8 overall,so it's not like we're talking about a D-leaguer here. he's not a #1, but let's not get too carried away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    not at all. but the dude should be able to average 10-12 points
    I think he will be around there for the second half of the season if he keeps getting PT. The beginning of the season he was fat as **** and he looked like he was going die each time he ran down the floor and now he actually races down the floor. Gotta wait and see but he's looking a lot better recently.

vCash
    Bennett for Zeller.

vCash
    I'm calling him a bust. #1 picks just don't start off as bad as he's been. And double digit scoring 3 games in a row.... is this a joke? Seriously...what low standards?

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    The truth lies somewhere in the middle. He's not add bad everyone was saying but not good enough to be #1 pick worthy.

Luckily for Bennet careers for #1 picks aren't decided in half a season. Kwame Brown rode his #1 pick status into a 12 year career. He has plenty of time to turn it around.
    Last edited by bleedprple&gold; 02-06-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast