Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Antonio Cromartie: Pot ban pointless

"We're just going to do it anyway," Cromartie told interviewer Ashlee Ray on Thisis50.com, an entertainment website. "They just need to let it go. They need to go ahead and say, 'Y'all go ahead, smoke it, do what you need to do.'"
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-ban-do-anyway

Not the smartest thing to say when it looks like you will be cut in March.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    so much for the theory of it lowering your sperm count...

(someone had to say it)

vCash
    The dude really needs his own reality show.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    He may get it sooner than he realizes.

vCash
    Well he said he didn't say "we" but instead "the players" and claimed he doesn't smoke.

I really don't care if players smoke in their off time but I def would not want to see a bunch a high dudes playing football. It delays your reaction time and quality of play would go down the shitter.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYflightboy View Post
    Well he said he didn't say "we" but instead "the players" and claimed he doesn't smoke.

I really don't care if players smoke in their off time but I def would not want to see a bunch a high dudes playing football. It delays your reaction time and quality of play would go down the shitter.
    I don't think any of these guys would jeopardize their game performance. This is more for relaxation and recreation. With legalization becoming more widespread, the NFL needs to drop this stupid rule. What's the value in enforcing it? Heck, I'd maintain that it would keep them out of trouble more often. At least they wouldn't be liquored up in some club where someone sucker punches them.
    Who gets into a fight after smoking weed? I think it's actually proper for such highly emotional warriors to relax. Get with it, Goodell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I don't think any of these guys would jeopardize their game performance. This is more for relaxation and recreation. With legalization becoming more widespread, the NFL needs to drop this stupid rule. What's the value in enforcing it? Heck, I'd maintain that it would keep them out of trouble more often. At least they wouldn't be liquored up in some club where someone sucker punches them.
    Who gets into a fight after smoking weed? I think it's actually proper for such highly emotional warriors to relax. Get with it, Goodell.
    I agree with all of this.

vCash
    Exactly correct. Nailed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Jim View Post
    Exactly correct. Nailed it.
    Shocker... A guy named Denver Jim thinks that people should be smoking weed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    Shocker... A guy named Denver Jim thinks that people should be smoking weed
    lol

vCash
    What you trying to imply?

vCash
    What you trying to imply?
    They're just jealous. So am I - it's illegal where I live.

vCash
    In all seriousness - just for the record. The legalization has worked great out here. Society didn't crumble. None of the downside, that the prohibition crowd tried to scare people with, has materialized. Hell - my kid's school system will even have millions more in funds headed it's way by next year.

Truth is - and it worries me to have to agree with a knucklehead like Cro - but he is right. This isn't a "performance enhancing" drug and it's no worse (and I will claim even healthier) than alcohol. The NFL players are smoking anyway in the offseason and so what? It's much better than all the Rx pills the NFL has no problem with them using in the offseason... and that is the big irony.

Kyle Turley and others have spoken about how NFL team dispense prescription drugs "willy-nilly" - but there are gonna freak out about one of them smoking a joint once in a awhile in the offseason. I guess it's only OK to get blasted on the painkillers the NFL provides? Hmmm...

vCash
    They're just jealous. So am I - it's illegal where I live.
    It's decriminalized here in NY and the Gov is trying to pass a law for legalization of medicinal marijuana. It's only a matter of time before it's legal throughout the country. I... uh I mean people here have to just wait it out.

vCash
    In all seriousness - just for the record. The legalization has worked great out here. Society didn't crumble. None of the downside, that the prohibition crowd tried to scare people with, has materialized. Hell - my kid's school system will even have millions more in funds headed it's way by next year.

Truth is - and it worries me to have to agree with a knucklehead like Cro - but he is right. This isn't a "performance enhancing" drug and it's no worse (and I will claim even healthier) than alcohol. The NFL players are smoking anyway in the offseason and so what? It's much better than all the Rx pills the NFL has no problem with them using in the offseason... and that is the big irony.

Kyle Turley and others have spoken about how NFL team dispense prescription drugs "willy-nilly" - but there are gonna freak out about one of them smoking a joint once in a awhile in the offseason. I guess it's only OK to get blasted on the painkillers the NFL provides? Hmmm...
    Damn shame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast