Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Legalizing marijuana for NFL players

Medicinal weed is legal in 20 states and 2 states it is legal for recreation use. Now should the NFL legalize weed for the players? I don't think they can since weed is Illegal in majority of America. How would it work if you play for New York where its illegal and decide to use marijuana, that player can go to jail for it. So how would this work an NFL player would get an get out of jail card so if he is stop he can use it. Makes you think risking a couple of concussion for smoking marijuana and not getting arrested might just be worth a couple of concussions.

The topic picked up steam when Pete Carol mentioned it during Superbowl week but he works in a state where it is legal so what a problem for him! His players cant use marijuana even though its legal. I say let's just end this probation and legalize it. Rodger Goodell did not shut the door on the idea when asked. Their was firm no, Goodell did not closed the door about it he just brushed it under the rug for now. But what a high risk reward it would be; you have a concussion here smoke this. I know marijuana is for the pain and stress for the football players but who dose not use it for that.

vCash

No because what happens if players in Colorado or Washington are using and have it in their bags and go play in a state it's illegal it could become a federal crime for the transportation of illegal narcotics across state lines in the end I think not allowing it really protects the players from potential criminal charges

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    I see no reason they should get special treatment. But I also don't think the NFL should be allowed to test for it.

vCash
    why does an professional athlete need to smoke pot? what benefits could it possibly have? what kind of message does that send to our youth?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

vCash
    it should just be legal in general
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe pride View Post
    it should just be legal in general
    Yep. And it sure seems like we're moving that way.

vCash
    good luck with OSHA.

vCash

Who the **** cares about weed anymore really if they show up to play Sunday and aren't hurting anyone by smokin a blunt who has the right to give a ****?
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    why does an professional athlete need to smoke pot? what benefits could it possibly have? what kind of message does that send to our youth?
    I'm no professional athlete but i weight train and cross train and smoking a joint or couple hits out of a bowl make me focus better and it's not only me and when I'm stoned i rip up madden and nba2k
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

vCash

And I have a career in my everyday life and weed is a part of my everyday life and I'm very successful in what I do...just saying it doesn't hurt you if you don't let it
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

vCash
    Ricky Williams truly was ahead of his time.

vCash

^ damn right brotha I smoke and do math all day long. Helps me see and organize equations and numbers in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.
    Big Brother is watching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    ^ damn right brotha I smoke and do math all day long. Helps me see and organize equations and numbers in my head
    Werd up!! I'm in the NYC commercial real estate world and I do every night after I go to the gym... My "glass of wine" and I'm still opening up my office at 830 every morning
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

vCash
    damn some of you clwons need to grow up. what kind of adult still smokes pot?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5:27933508
    Pain management would be the biggest benefit. What kind of message is sent to our youth when there are liqour stores, bars, commercials, stadiums, etc., all in the name of alcohol?
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast