Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

New Logo/Jersey/Colors? Rumor

Supposedly a Nike insider has leaked information that we have given Nike freelance control over our team. I'm on my phone so I can't post the link, but here's a portion of it.

"reddit – One of my very good friends and fraternity brothers works for a company called Hydrographics Inc. HGI works in conjunction with many sports outfitters (especially Nike) and is the leading company in helmet design in this nation. I was the first to let Fins and Vikings fans know about the changes they got last season. Anyways to make this post actually worth your time reading it, I too saw the rumors yesterday about your team possibly being in the market for new uniforms. I called up my buddy and asked him if there was any truth to the rumors. Here’s what he had to say:
    Yes, you are getting new uniforms
    This has been in the making since Nike took over
    Until this past Sunday’s events, Orange was to be the primary
    Orange is no longer the primary as of Monday morning and Nike has been green lit to test a new color scheme
    The Uniforms have a deadline of the 2015 Draft
    This is the longest uniform project Nike has ever undertaken, and just like in 97 the Broncos will be given a template completely unique to them, not even Oregon will have this template for a couple years
    A new logo is in the works
    Phil Knight wants the Broncos to become the Oregon of the NFL. The team holds a special place in his heart as the first football team to let Nike have complete control over a design.
    So there you have it Denver. Official news should come out around the beginning of next season. Nike is going to hype up this reveal big time."

Personally I hate this. The orange is the Broncos. Sure, we haven't won a Super Bowl in the orange jerseys but still, this is awful. I'm sure we will get even more bandwagon fans after the change, just like Oregon has.
    Young Guns

vCash
    I don't know....I'm definitely open to seeing what is possible in these jerseys. I don't really care if orange or blue is the main color or not tbh. This would definitely be exciting news I'd it's true.

vCash
    It also doesn't say what the new color scheme is, but I'm assuming that it has to be some variation of Orange/blue.

vCash
    I love the orange, but if they are getting the $ Oregon gets and put that back in the team, I would be ok with it.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Right now it's just a rumor and it was on Reddit so who knows how true it is. I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't for the move away from orange. The move to the jerseys we have now was pretty drastic back in the day so maybe it will be a change for the better again. I always thought it would be cool to incorporate the Air Force somehow in a special jersey for Veterans Day.
    Young Guns

vCash
    I saw this a few days ago on FB from a different source and if you're seeing it, I think it's a strong possibility.

Perhaps like last jersey change, there will be a SB victory soon after.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    A complete overhaul? I hope they keep it within its integrity. The broncos are orange..that's who they are. If we throw out a black or a grey..or even a brown (even though way back in the day we were brown) just doesn't have the right feel.

We'll see how it plays out..but seems it's one of those "heard from a friend that knows a friend that knows someone" type of deals.

For what its worth Incarcerated Bob had this posted as well and he's always 50/50. He was the first to call PFM here at Denver.

vCash
    To think this would be awesome! I'm always up for some new jerseys, being as superstitious as you are BK I would think you would love this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2:27933427
    To think this would be awesome! I'm always up for some new jerseys, being as superstitious as you are BK I would think you would love this.
    Yeah our orange jerseys have brought us nothing but bad luck in the postseason. It's a pretty big coincidence that the same year we ditched the Orange jerseys, we won the super bowl. I want to keep our same colors, but I don't mind a change in looks....at all.

vCash
    Those all blue alternates in I believe 98 are so dope! Wish we would have worn those this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm for the idea of new jerseys but from the sounds of this..it just seems like a complete overhaul with new color schemes. I love our orange...always have. If it's not the primary color..okay but make sure there is a respectable shade of orange in there. That's who we are.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 02-06-2014 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    We should go back to the old school colors. I would support that.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm for the idea of new jerseys but from the sounds of this..it just seems like a complete overhaul with new color schemes. I love our orange...always have. If it's not the primary color..okay but make sure there is a respectable shade of orange in there. That's who we are.
    I don't think nike will completely dis regard our orange, I think the templates and such will be drastically changed. Throw in some grey, black, neon colors. I'm not opposed I usually enjoy Oregon's uni combos but there are some that are just ugly as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    We should go back to the old school colors. I would support that.
    That blue and orange was sick, I like our old school apparel that's out now days

vCash
    I actually kind of like Oregon's weird colors. But like BK, if it means not having orange, I'd be very disappointed.

vCash
    I like the idea. My 2 favorite teams are Atlanta and Denver, and what happened when they both changed their uniforms in the 90's? They both went to the Super Bowl! It's a great idea, but you have to keep the orange. I wouldn't mind black with orange versus blue. Make them mean looking with a logo of a nightmare horse, a real scary one like this http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/get...452f53cbf75379

This could be great, and Oregons uniforms are all pretty awesome and they won a Championship......
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros